Sign in to follow this  
scottthefsxguy

Best Bush Aircraft

Just purchased the 'North American Airstrips volume 1' and got reminded how much I enjoy bush flying. Any suggestions on some aircraft I can add to my collection? Currently I have the SibWings bird dog, Aerosoft wilga, Aerosoft beaver, RealAir scout.

Sounds like you've got what you need!

Hard to see how you could top that  :rolleyes: 

Bert

Yeah not much to top those. I might throw in the Carenado 185 tundra and maybe the Flight Replicas Super Cub.

I second that Carenado C185 Tundra. She's a blast to fly in & out of tight strips.

jime

Banner_MJC5.png

James D. Edwards

Maybe the Carenado Caravan? Looks great, flies nicely IMO after the optional patch and can land nearly everywhere, too.

@scottthefsxguy

As Bert said... you have some goodies.  

For the tough stripes (what you will find in the Orbx CRM) I will second the mentioned:

A2A Cub
Carenado C185F
Flight Replicas Super Cub

Another fantastic one:

FSD Pilatus PC6 Porter

A bunch of us do a lot of low and slow Ga.

My advice is to avoid the cubs as they are too slow if you fly with others. The c337 is good after the flooding fix' as are a few of the other Carenados after undergoing various tweaks and fixes from various geniuses.

Birddog is excellent as is.

My advice is to avoid the cubs as they are too slow if you fly with others.

Unless your buds are also flying Cubs.  :P

Failed to mention that I do have the BN2 Islander and C337 but gonna do some checking on some of the other suggestions.

Thanks mates

I'll second the vote for the Carenado 208B. After the patch, it's fantastic to fly in and out of small little strips, and has quite a bit more power than a Cub or a MixMaster. If only Carenado redid it and added 3D gauges, then we would have a top notch bush aircraft.

I'm hugely fond of the C-185.  It's my number one go-to bush plane.  It might not be as shiny as some of the others, but that's part of the appeal I think.

Lionheart Creations has a really nice Piper Pacer for something even more rustic.  Their incoming Fairchild 24 looks pretty nice as well.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.