Sign in to follow this  
jtwhite

Trying to like X-Plane

Disagree.

These are the 2 kids on the block and we need to make informed decisions.

You sound as though you are emotionally tied to the fate of XPX.  Take a breath.

There is no question that at some point we will all have to transition to XPX, the big question is when.

My own opinion for my situation is maybe soon but not yet.

Berate---To rebuke or scold angrily and at length.

I actually will probably purchase the XPX NA pack soon to dip my proverbial toe in and help support the effort.

Berate---To rebuke or scold angrily and at length.

LOL:  yeah the only difference being your's was more brief.

:-)

Chill, it's all good.  We're in the same community, friend.

spacer.png

You better get used to it. A lot of new software today is being released in this way. It's an increasing trend that makes sense for developers. Also, a lot of customers don't mind. As for the MSFS fans berating X-Plane, Avsim has to put a stop to it, period.

+1

Avsim: 

We need your help!

We are looking to enlarge our X-Plane community here. We need your help in doing so. If you are an avid X-Plane enthusiast and circulate amongst the various X-Plane communities, we ask that you help us grow our X-Plane membership by inviting your friends and fellow X-Plane enthusiasts to pay a visit and join the growing family here. Help us spread the word! The AVSIM X-Plane family and community is growing! We would like to see them here!

Some guys are working really hard against Avsim's goal here, using the same old (tired) arguments.

Torfi

I could be like XPlane org. Over there, aileron trim is your friend....

Some guys are working really hard against Avsim's goal here, using the same old (tired) arguments.

... the old (tired) and awkward :lol: arguments - e.g. (but not only) the UI. Want an example?

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Why do threads like this always end up as a 'slanging' match (welsh colloquial term, see ###### fight).

Frankly it's pathetic and blame exists on both sides. Both need to step back and take deep breaths.

X-plane users need to stop defending thier sim with cries of 'dead 32-bit sim'

Fsx users need to stop playing the 'its in beta, I'm not paying for that' card.

The truth is X-plane has bugs, fsx has bugs. Neither is perfect and neither is ever going to be. Instead how about we all say 'screw arguing' let's go flying.

Animosity exists because we put it there. In the end, this is a hobby, a bit of fun and nothing more. You want to be angry. Fine, but leave it at the front page.

To reiterate, both sides are guilty. Both sides need to relax.

Now back to your main programming. I'm off for my flame proof clothes.

Best wishes,

Jess B

I could be like XPlane org. Over there, aileron trim is your friend....

Larry, why not go over there and explain your theories?

TrackIR movements are delayed, slow and clunky.

NOT!!  :Shame On You: 

This is absolutely not the truth.  For me, TrackIR5 is  soo00oo much smoother in XPX64 than in FSX 32(puke)bit.  If you have "slow and clunky" TrackIR, you shouldn't assume everybody else does too.  You have a unique problem that is unique to you.

Larry, why not go over there and explain your theories?

Not theory. It's fact. That makes the Dash8 Q-400, MU2, Jetstream, and a bunch of others, wrong in which the way, takeoff is modleld. You shouldn't ever have to be going for roll trim as the plane leaves the ground. With X-plane it's became a standard of accomplishment. Just wrestle the plane into compliance. Might be a handful, but it's more alive compared to the other sim, they say. In the meantime , I don't see much call for resolution. On those other forums. The subject is either dropped, or just considered a challenge, and therefor more fun, to get the plane flying reasonably level.. And since I havnt been welcomed at the org for years without moderation, it's tough to present facts.

its not a matter of berating/bashing xpx. There is potential.  Personally I dont feel its there yet else I would make the jump. Guess it depends what P3D V2 will yield or lack there of as well. FSX is indeed a dead 32 bit sim, but heck look at what is still being produced for it still!.   How the heck can you walk away from something like PMDG 777 and 747v2.  FTX Global and other sceneries. 

Maybe is another 18-24 months we will be saying different things as to who is king. Who knows at this point. 

I'm in the process of walking away from FSX now, although I still purchase a few addons for it and will continue to enjoy FSX. I'm finding myself flying in XPX64 a whole lot more now, than in FSX.  I am starting to get very comfortable and "at home" with the controls and user interface of XPX64, the more that I use it.

XPX64, for me, is much more stable than FSX and consistently performs much better.  The aircraft addons and getting quite up to par with FSX, so the NGX and Q400 are the two main aircraft that I miss most from FSX, although there is a pretty good Q400 in XPX64, I really enjoy the 777 Worldliner, Peter's A380, FlyJSim's 727 and, most especially, the BAe Jetstream 32 from JRollon.

Not theory. It's fact. That makes the Dash8 Q-400, MU2, Jetstream, and a bunch of others, wrong in which the way, takeoff is modleld. You shouldn't ever have to be going for roll trim as the plane leaves the ground. With X-plane it's became a standard of accomplishment. Just wrestle the plane into compliance. Might be a handful, but it's more alive compared to the other sim, they say. In the meantime , I don't see much call for resolution. On those other forums. The subject is either dropped, or just considered a challenge, and therefor more fun, to get the plane flying reasonably level.. And since I havnt been welcomed at the org for years without moderation, it's tough to present facts.

I don't agree with this at all.  I have several cockpit videos of ATR72s, and Q400s, and as soon as the aircraft leaves the ground, you can see the pilot turn the yoke to adjust the aileron control to keep the aircraft level.  I have to do the exact same thing in XPX64 with these turbo props.

You can go into settings and tone down the controls very slightly (set them just a little more to liniar), which makes the controls seem more manageable and stable within the sim.

I don't agree with this at all. I have several cockpit videos of ATR72s, and Q400s, and as soon as the aircraft leaves the ground, you can see the pilot turn the yoke to adjust the aileron control to keep the aircraft level.

Wind, aileron into the wind - just that :-)

I am close to a Q-400 captain, working for SATA Air Azores, so, I know only RUDDER and RUDDER trim are required in RL :-)

But I've learned to like XP10 this way, just as it is. MSFS also rolls more than it should, as well as Flight Gear! One of the first acquisitions I did for LM P3d was the Aerosoft DR-400, because I had seen mentions of rudder being required during takeoff / climb, just like the real thing. Well, since I know the real thing (a famous glider tug at one of our airfields...) I couldn't wait to try it... Well, bank above all, that should be countered with rudder (right rudder) was what I found mostly! In real life, it'll end up banking (after a while - yaw induced roll) if you do not use rudder, but the prominent effect is YAW to the LEFT, on takeoff, and on the particular aircraft I know, during most of the climb too!

Finally, for me there are many more positive aspects on X-Plane's flight model to overcome this irrealistic roll due to torque behaviour, and that's why I really prefer it :-). I also believe it was more an option (for some reason) than a limitiation ince, as I've shown in another thread, the natural countering forces are there and are calculated!

BTW, I believe that the FlyJsim Q-400 was designed with the basic configurations of trim tabs, etc, in order to minimize this effect...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

At the end of the day..............................it's $45 to buy X-plane 10. You would pay almost as much for many average FSX add-ons. Why not buy it, appreciate it, and enjoy it's technological advances whilst also continuing with FSX and then make up your mind which one you want to stick with! That's what I did.

X-Plane 10 really is the type of simulator that the more time you put into it, the more rewards you will benefit from (as Jcomm found out the hard way :P ). X-plane 10 is incredibly detailed but you need to spend time on it to appreciate this (in my opinion this should be expected of any good simulator)

Remember guys, we are all interested in simulators (not games like 'Flight' [though fun for a while])! Simulators take time to master and should not necessarily reward us with 100% satisfaction on the first try. Like mastering an aircraft, sometimes we also must master an application and understand how it works. X-plane may not appear glamerous at first, put after a few hours and a few FREEWARE downloads later, it has a heck of a lot more to offer than you might expect.

My problem is, is that I can't except XPlane that way (aileron roll trim). I'm too used to flying real planes where it isn't necessary. If a real plane did that on a test flight, I'd land and see what was seriously wrong with the rigging. And as a rule, it's not normal in MSFS. Someone did say that the Magestic Q400 had a roll problem. He flies them in real life, and said it's not usual with FSX. I don't find it to be a problem with my high performance FSX singles either.

buy a ton of scenery.

If there was tons of scenery available....but there isn't..

so I hope, weather injectors for X-Plane10.

Then there is some good news for you, FS Global Real Weather will be made for X-plane.

FS Global Real Weather will be made for X-plane.

Now!!!! that's REALLY GOOD NEWS!!!!

Actually, each time I fire up X-Plane10 for a ride in the EC135 B3, LES Sundowner, Peter's A380 or WorldLiner 777 (a bit more problematic this one ...), I find new good reasons to feel X-Plane10 is indeed a very very rewarding simulation :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...