Sign in to follow this  
747-fan

Shortest scheduled 777 flights?

Transaero  B772-B773    UUDD-LGIR  Moscow-Greece  3h 45m  

Orenair       B772              UUEE-LGIR  Moscow-Greece   3h 40m

I flew in real life as a passenger from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh in a Vietnam Airlines 772 once. It was supposed to be an A330, but I wasn't complaining ;-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

For just the one leg

Of course. But 4 hr flight on a 777 is considered very short relative to its intended purpose. But yes ANA will probably have a couple hour flights.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I saw a KLM 777 at Heathrow a couple of times. It's less than an hour to Amsterdam/Schiphol.

American used to fly some 777's ORD-DFW and back a couple of years ago. Its around 2 hours flight time. Im not sure if they still have any 777's operating that route.

Hi, I'd love to get this aircraft but I don't have time for long haul and I fly online only (so I won't use the sped up feature, however well made it might be). 

Does anyone use the 777 on short haul flights anymore? 

Fly it anywhere you like bro, who said that emirates cant assign a 20 minutes flight to a 777? even if it was scheduled for a330 or any smaller airliner. Many times i saw A330 was assigned and then I find a 777 waiting for me at the gate. its your decision considering you are the CEO of your FSX :P 

Moe ELkarout

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

All Nippon is for YOU!

The operate the 777 both short and long range. The short range routes are done with high cap 777 because of high demand. Same goes for 787 and 747.

Yep, and they even have non-wingletted 747's for their domestic ops. Research found that having the additional weight of the two winglets actually outweighed any benefit or saving in cost per flight due to the short nature of the flights.

I flew AA from EZE to MVD, which was 40 minutes.  It was a continuation of the MIA-EZE flight.  Today, AA operates separately to MVD from MIA.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Emirates fly the 777-300er  Sydney - Christchurch daily  3 hr flight

Jason Richards

I plan to make my own routes.

I see me flying a lot of.

KMIA-KATL

KMIA-KMEM

KJFK-KLAX-KLAS

and generally up and down the east coast of the US. I just need to find out minimum landing feet needed and I will be all set. skyvector is my buddy.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Ok this old discussion again, the OBBI - OTBD route is more like 30 mins, very short if you depart 12L and arrive 16 into Doha. BA and Qatar fly this daily, BA always use a 777 or 744, qatar use anything from a A320 up to 777, cruise altitude is FL130 or 140.

Have flown this route plenty of times on the A330, lately each time their has been about 20 of us onboard! It could be because all those 787's are now being used as buses for inter gulf routes.

As mentioned emirates fly the 777 short haul all over the Gulf daily.

Rob Prest