Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

30AUG13 - PMDG 777-200LR/F Release Plan Update (Important!)

Thank you sir! Ill be waiting patiently with the others.

The weather forecast, said yesterday on the radio that the summer will come again next week, here in Hanover.

This is no joke, this was the really said.

You probably already knew that appears the 777 next week :rolleyes:

So, what was the mistake that was found?

The scuttlebutt is that the item giving the problems is the simulation of the battery box ventilation and fire suppression system.  Something about trying to make it "as real as it gets" and Boeing keeps changing the design.  :smile: Take your time and get it right boys. I'm sure I'm going to be sweating bullets trying to fly the T7 even if all the systems are working correctly.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I admire and respect the entire PMDG team.  Their name is synonymous with quality, and this only proves that they are doing everything humanly possible to ensure this product is as close to perfection as is possible on release day.

Those of us who love all things PMDG are fine with whenever the release happens, this week, next week, next month, or even next year.  When it happens, it will be a memorable occasion.  I have to chuckle at those who are threatening about the price point.  To them I say, hey, go buy some OTHER sim plane at a lower price.  YOU'LL BE BACK!

YGWYPF is still true as much in 2013 as it was back in the day.  Cheap planes = crumby graphics, poor flight modeling, yada, yada, yada.  Given what I've already seen in the beta testers' photo posts, this plane is jaw-droppingly pretty.  The reflective surfaces alone are mind boggling from a software point of view.  And even better frames than the NGX?  How can that even be possible?

So it's obvious this will be one beautiful baby whenever she graces the online store(s), but you can bet there will be a battle for bandwidth on the downloads, ya think?

Congratulations Captain Randazzo, and a tip of the cap to you on this amazing airplane!

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

I am going to fly my PMDG MD-11F on the routes I would have flown the 777 LRF with some restrictions.  Maybe I will do some GA flying.  Can anyone suggest any good 777 books or videos I may have missed?

At least we'll be getting a quality product when it gets released...thanks a much for the update!!

Damn it!! I'm not at home for a few days and i was hoping that its getting released this weekend so that i get a perfectly fast and uninterrupted download when im back next week ;)...now i hope you gonna release it in a timeframe when people are normally at work that i still can get my fast download (good to be an air traffic controller and working shifts^^).

But now seriously. First of all, thanks for the update. I'm reading in this forum for months now and i'm really looking forward to this amazing plane. But guys take your time to get all things straight. Everybody here is waiting quite long, so who...honestly...cares about one week now? I totally agree with Ryan as he says that they are not willing to release it with a known "bug". Apparently some of you guys desperately want it now no matter if there's a small issue to be solved. But if that problem would then occur on your system, would you just accept it or blame PMDG for releasing it with that kind of problem? I guess the latter. If you want stuff NOW including known issues, there are some products available on the market. But as we all know, PMDG stands for precision (or i prefer to call it perfection, as that is what their products are). And i'm glad that they keep it like that and solve everything they find. So just relax a bit guys, have some beers, let them do their job...and in one week all of us can enjoy this great addon.

To end that here....thanks to all of you guys of the DEV team, the Beta testers, you crazy simmers and everybody else who made that project become real and awesome. Just a few days to go guys, then you can enjoy a well deserved non 777 time...at least i hope that for you. Keep it up...you are fantastic.

Volker

I'm sorry, but, how does testing one problem take a week?

Maybe like 2 days tops?

On your facebook page it says:

"which puts our release window out into the Monday-Thursday time-frame of next week."

So who is telling the truth here?  :huh:

Like he said, you have to validate the fix, then retest the whole product to make sure the fix didn't break something else.  Then you have to set up the release, test the release and do the release.  It all takes time.  Good pilots have patience!!

Matt Webb

Relax man. Relax. It will come when it comes. 

I've heard this like a million times already.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Like he said, you have to validate the fix, then retest the whole product to make sure the fix didn't break something else.  Then you have to set up the release, test the release and do the release.  It all takes time.  Good pilots have patience!!

Yeah, but, like Tabs himself said, if they REALLY want to get the 777 out even more than us, they would be working day and night to testing it and getting it all ready.

But if it takes a week for this, than that obviously says they really aren't in much of a rush.

Just my opinion. 

Thanks for the additional info, Tabs. It is what it is. Cheers.

spacer.png

Sometimes, when the approach is unstable, you just have to go around.

After you go around, you have to re-position for finals, get through those landing checklists, get stabilized and shoot the approach again.

Better that than crashing.

Safety first!

In an airliner it takes about 10 minutes to be at minimums again.

In software development it takes days.

I'm glad I didn't end up with a 777 that stopped responding to mouse clicks at random.

Yeah, but, like Tabs himself said, if they REALLY want to get the 777 out even more than us, they would be working day and night to testing it and getting it all ready.

But if it takes a week for this, than that obviously says they really aren't in much of a rush.

Just my opinion. 

Seriously? Let me quote Rob...

So did you solve it?: Yes, Yes we did. It took four days... or- 72hrs, depending on how you want to measure it. Alex, Henning, Michael and Vin worked about 18hrs a day for four straight days to find the problem.

Do you keep your opinion?...