Sign in to follow this  
guidos

Please advice on rudder pedals

Hi Simmers

I am still flying without pedals. It is time to remedy this situation....But don't know which ones to get. Any advice you can give me?

Happy flying

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly. Those would be my recommendation.

I've used the cheapest ones available for years: pedals from a car racing hardware kit (no, I don't use the steering wheel for flightsimming ...).

They aren't toe brakes-equipped, but this gear has been inexpensive and troublefree for me.

I like the Saitek pedals, you can adjust the tension and it includes toe brakes (a must in my opinion)

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/pedals.html

If you have more cash to burn definitely give these a try, you can buy the single units for cheaper

http://flightdecksolutions.com/components/a320/a320-flight-controls/a320-pro-mx-captain-first-officer-dual-rudder-pedal-set-linked/

Ray Proudfoot, on 06 Dec 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly.

+1, for many, many years too.

I've had CH Pro Pedals for 11.5 years and they continue to perform flawlessly. Those would be my recommendation.

Count me among the group of satisfied CH Pro Pedals users.

I've owned the CH Pro Pedals in the past and they worked great.

However, about a year ago I bought the Saitek Pro Flight Cessna pedals and much prefer them.

Ernie

CH feel like a plastic toy from my experience. I've since moved to Saitek Combat Pro pedals. Much more sturdy and realistic.

CH feel like a plastic toy from my experience. I've since moved to Saitek Combat Pro pedals. Much more sturdy and realistic.

Sturdy they are (I wouldn't say the same for the CH Pro Throttle...). Now could you elaborate on "realistic", Ryan please, how more realistic are the Saitek, in what sense ?

I have the Saitek Cessna rudder pedals and I'm very happy with them, they have the toe brake and you can adjust the tension.  They did stop working about 2 months after I got them (electrical issue) but the online shop that I bought it from replaced it without hassle and the new unit has been working great for almost 2 years now.

Rudi.

The Saitek Pro pedals are very sturdy, but they have a few minor drawbacks. First, if you don't attach them to a board or use the adhesive Velcro fasteners, they tend to slide around. Second, they are big and may not fit comfortably under a desk. This could cause fatigue in your legs if the unit is not properly situated. The tension is adjustable, but the range of adjustment is relatively modest.

The installer and driver are very old and Windows 8 at first did not recognize the unit by name, but rather only as a 3 axis/0 button joystick. The supplied utility allows modifications to the axis ranges and dead zones. Certain aircraft like the A2A C172 are quite sensitive to how you calibrate the toe brakes and rudder.

In general, they are worth buying.

I have the CH Pro pedals.  If I was doing it over I think I would get the Saitek with tension control.  The CH pedals are definitely much more of a toy type feel but they are sturdy and do work.

I have the CH pedals, but they do feel like something made by Fisher Price, so I have not used them is quite some time..  I will be getting the Saitek combat pedals when I can and that would be my recommendation to you.

I have had no problems with my Saitek pedals and would definitely recommend them.

I ran FS with a stick and auto rudder for years and would not go back after flying with a yoke and pedals.

I've tried joysticks with twist rudders on other peoples machines and didn't like it at all.

I do connect my old stick occasionally for flying gliders and ultralights.

IAN

The Saitek feel more like the rudder pedals in the warrior I used to fly. The CH aren't even angled like real pedals. They feel like racing pedals to me.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will go for Saitek Combat Pro. Although I don't fly combat Sims, they got good reviews so far.

Guido,

You've certainly had plenty of good advice so I hope your new pedals enhance the experience for you. :smile:

Guido,

You've certainly had plenty of good advice so I hope your new pedals enhance the experience for you. :smile:

Choice was not an easy one. CH Pro or Saitek. In the end Saitek won.... 

My recommendation also. Very good strong design. Toe brakes a must.

This how I fixed the sliding around and storage problem. Works for me.

post-262961-0-41135700-1386356659.jpg

post-262961-0-57422300-1386356746.jpg

My recommendation also. Very good strong design. Toe brakes a must.

This how I fixed the sliding around and storage problem. Works for me.

Thank you! I will be copying this design. Right now I have old books jamming my rudder pedals under there! lol

Now that's ingenuity. Low cost, simple design, absolutely brilliant.

One of those, "now why didn't I think of that" instances.

My hat's off to you, sir.

jime

The CH pedals are extremely close together.

They don't have the nickname "ball breakers" for nothing!

I had CH and finally switched to saitek. Haven't looked back.

I have Saitek Pro's and are fine, buddy of mine has Saitek Combat's and for me there nicer but bit more cash, i will upgrade to combats soon.

What ever you get make sure you set them up well and you will never be without them again.

Enjoy

Rich

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Hardware Controllers & Drivers". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.