Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Drzewiecki New York Airports released!

Hmmm....looking at the first few reviews on SimMarket, there appears to be significant issues around frame rates which is a little worrying. As a rule however I try not to monitor frame rates and I am happy providing I have a smoothly running sim. I do however occasionally turn on the frame rate monitor just to see how different addons perform. Currently using FSDT KJFK, Aerosoft Manhattan and FTX Global, I get frame rates of 25-30 fps over KJFK using the default Baron and in the region of 18-27 over Manhattan although the VAS usage (with most sliders maxed out and very dense autogen) starts to get a bit close to the 4GB threshold. I think I will wait for some more reports of the DD addon before I buy.

Bill

The early reviews are sad. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to this package.

I did most of my training at KFRG, but also flew to the NJ airports, especially KTEB.

I'll download the demo, just to confirm what I've read, but I will not buy any addon that does not perform well, even when it is fairly priced.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

How are their other Multi airport packs? Did they start out with poor frames and get patched to better performance? Pricewise this is definitely a great deal!... Plus works in both FSX and P3D!

NOTAM:

Offer has disappeared from simMarket!

"We have found a bug in our product causing a performance drop in many cases. We will be removing the product from all stores until the problem is fixed, what I expect to be done in a few days. Please don't file any more performance reports as we have already collected enough data to fix the problem. We are sorry for this unconvenience."

http://drzewiecki-design.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4147#4147

Edited by olli4740

Surprisingly it seems to have disappeared from SimMarket! I wonder if they are going to rework it?

Bill

If they can figure out a way to have these airports preform well around NYC I certainly will buy it. Haven't been able to fly into any NY/NJ airport with higher than 17 FPS. 

"We have found a bug in our product causing a performance drop in many cases. We will be removing the product from all stores until the problem is fixed, what I expect to be done in a few days. Please don't file any more performance reports as we have already collected enough data to fix the problem. We are sorry for this unconvenience."

Good to hear and all credit to DD! I wish all developers were as honest - many tend to blame their customer's systems!  Will wait until hopefully things are fixed as I am very keen on this addon as I am sure are thousands more!

Bill

I imagine this that already purchased (me) will get an updated installer.

Eric 

After reading the reports of so much performance loss, I decided to deactivate all the airports, and check out my FPS without any add-on NYC area airports.  

The entire NYC default area performs sluggishly.  My PMDG NGX VC was struggling at 10-12 FPS.  I have WoAI traffic only for the major U.S. airlines.

I also have FTX and Vector installed, but I don't think these products are a problem since they perform well in other areas.

My system is almost four years old, and it might have gotten slow with time.

Still, good on DD for starting to work on improving the performance, which has been very good in the other DD products I own.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

The entire NYC default area performs sluggishly.

New York has always been an enormous framerate sinkhole in FSX.  One of the main reasons I find Prepa3d v2 so appealing (and that I've mainly switched to it) is that I can fly into and out of New York and Washington DC with frames consistently around 30 and smooth performance.

I'm extremely hesitant to try any of the DD New York scenery but if they can fix the airport performance I'll be happy to experiment with them.  

New York has always been an enormous framerate sinkhole in FSX.  One of the main reasons I find Prepa3d v2 so appealing (and that I've mainly switched to it) is that I can fly into and out of New York and Washington DC with frames consistently around 30 and smooth performance.

I'm extremely hesitant to try any of the DD New York scenery but if they can fix the airport performance I'll be happy to experiment with them.  

OK.  Good to know. 

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Nice to see a developer do that though, pull it until it is fixed. Refreshing. I imagine they will offer free new installers, as that would only make sense.

I hope they release the separate versions of these airports at the same time, as I am interested in the smaller ones, BUT....seeing as how each on can be enabled or disabled, I might just buy the pack....can't beat the price, even if it was only for 2 that I use.