Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

Whatever Happened To Realair?

I do think though that we should update everyone on the proposed C172 project. There are two stumbling blocks: Firstly we are a very small outfit and licensing certain aircraft is a problem for us. Secondly, A2A got there first and they have a fine product in a limited market for which there is only so much potential. We're not concerned about our ability to deliver quality (and nor it seems are the majority of posters here). The issue is whether it is viable to release a similar product in a market that clearly has already been quite well satisfied. I think it is reasonable that we should update our plans either way and we will shortly, so apologies to those who feel we should have announced something either way earlier.

I really hope that the C172 will not be cancelled, I was anticipating it.

I kind of agree with Robert Young. The market is flooded with Cessna 1XX options and A2A already knocked the ball out of the park. I would love to see more high visibility open cockpit aircraft like the Legacy with that Realair quality and performance. Alabeo has been releasing some great GA as of late, but would love to see some of those aircraft get proper Realair treatment.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

It would be an understandable decision though. How many customers of the A2A C172 would purchase another version of the same aircraft, even if it was developed by RealAir?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Jose,

I'm not sure but I think I might have received an email from you. Apologies if it wasn't you. I replied to it immediately but it was returned as undeliverable.

Rob - RealAir

Thanks for your very kind post.

Regards,

Rob

I was concerned. You always get back to me right away.

I did get an e-mail from AVSIM regarding this post.

I'll send you another personal note.

Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I say let A2A keep making the slow boring planes and Realair should keep making the fast exciting planes - T Duke, maybe an older Mooney or even a bizjet.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I say let A2A keep making the slow boring planes and Realair should keep making the fast exciting planes - T Duke, maybe an older Mooney or even a bizjet.

Agree, maybe even a Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B   :rolleyes:

I really hope that the C172 will not be cancelled, I was anticipating it.

Me too. I am going to purchase if RA will produce any high wing Cessna.

I'd buy another Cessna from Real Air, because it's from them, and I've all the A2A Aircraft!

There's just something about Real Air...Quality!!

Cheers,

If they charged a small fee to update the Turbine Duke, Duke B60 V2, or Lancair for F1 GTN integration, I would pay it!

Yeah, like the P-51, P-47, P-40 or the Spitfire... #####?

What I'd like are some quality options in niches that aren't covered yet by serious developers, for example a high-end single like the Bonanza (but A2A might have that on their list...), a low-end Twin (good old Seneca for example), or some models that I've never seen made at all (to quality, for money) like a TB10/TB20, or a Grumman Cheetah or Tiger. There also is no good Super Cub (the Replicas version is okay, but not comparable to RA or A2A any longer). Like you say what I'm also not getting: why isn't there a good Mooney on the market??

And what I would almost die for: a taildragger (any taildragger really) with *realistic* ground handling. Why no one has yet done that is a mystery to me, as it appears that really any code/modelling in FSX can be replaced by something realistic - or is ground handling an exception? Any Taildragger where you can just sit back and watch it go straight after touch down is a let down. So: how about a Buecker Jungmann or Jungmeister? Or an up to date Texan or Stearman? Or a Husky? Or... there's so many options in that area other than the Cub that's already covered well by A2A (except for the ground handling, which really surprised me).

Agree, maybe even a Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B   :rolleyes:

Wow this would great! Vastly under rated aircraft. Count me in for one.  More interesting to me than the MU2 MilViz is working on. 

A2A will make their great planes, RealAir will make their great planes.  A2A said they had another GA single and warbird in the works slated for this year they hope.  Most likely the V35 and an unknown warbird as of yet...possibly AT-6 or maybe T-33.

RealAir always chooses excellent subject airplanes.  I have absolute faith that Rob and Sean will find excellent choices for the next projects as well.  Let the masters do what they do best :)  Since we have lots of nice fast singles and twins (Spitfire, SF260, Legacy, Dukes), I would also hope for a new  RealAir bushplane.  Scoutv2, Husky, C185, Maule, Helio Courier, Sherpa Turbine, Kitfox...etc something along those lines from RealAir would be absolutely fantastic.  

One of the coolest bushplanes I have heard of is the Angel 44.  It was designed for missionary work but can really do a lot other things too.  A pusher twin about the size of a Duke.  It seats 8, a 1900lb useful load, cruise at 175kts and has the rugged landing gear to get in and out of 800' foot runways. 

http://angelaircraft.com/

Scout V2 would be especially excellent if the Decathlon, and Citabria are included.  You don't need another 172 for a trainer when the Citabria is already an excellent trainer.  IMHO a stick n rudder taildragger teaches better fundamental flying skills.  Learning to fly in a 172 is like learning to drive an automatic.  Learning to fly in a Citabria is like learning to drive in a stickshift.  If you learn to drive a stick, you really learn to fundamental understand energy management in a car.

Keep up the excellent work Rob and Sean :smile:

Cheers

TJ

Yeah, like the P-51, P-47, P-40 or the Spitfire... #####?

Keyword is "keep" - I have their P51 civ - nice plane, and ironically I also have their Cessna and Cherokee but neither get flown much - slow and boring... Planes they keep making.... Ugh.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ah I think they will do a warbird again... and I am looking forward to the Bonanza, if it's true!

Yeah Bonanza would be a lot faster than the two slow pokes! I'd buy one.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |