Sign in to follow this  

Looking for something bigger

Razbam SA227... great dinamics ...... garrett engines.... analog panel..... cargo or pass... its a plane that can be a corporate turboprop or a hauler... realistic behavior on the engines if you dont handle with precaution you have to look on the ground where out the plane.... 

I suggest the Majestic Q400, the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended or even the FeelThere ERJ v2.

The Aerosoft Twin Otter V2 I think it is.  Perfect short haul, plus floats.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have gone for the Milviz B55 with the flight1 GTN 750 and 650 units integrated. I am sure this would keep you occupied for a long time:)

EDIT

Had a look at the Q400 tutorial and I noticed it's a bit too much for me right now. Guess I need something more simple... Maybe no FMC. I thought I wanted something complicated but while reading that tutorial I thought 'Oh, no, not that again...' It reminded me why I stopped flying airliners LOL. Maybe I should look for a GA which has some sophisticated but more simple bells and whistles...

I am looking forward to your suggestions!

Don't cross out Q400. I was flying only GA and Q400 is my first "bigger plane". I am really blown away with all those details. I had THE SAME issues like you - I was afraid it could be too complicated and I will lose my interest. However, it seems quite intuitive and easygoing to understand. If you had flown other airliners you won't have any problems with this. It took me  literally few evenings to feel quite fluent with it.

And what is the best - I have watched youtube videos of REAL first officer flying exactly the same Q400 in Eurolot and I am totally suprised how many details are simulated. This guy talks over all the systems and explains them because he uses them in real flights! How more AWESOME this could be? :lol:

Twin Otter Extended is also a good choice. I have it and I love it too. (But it's not exactly "big" isn't it? ^_^  You can fly it with your regular PPL with ME rating :P ).

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I have gone for the Milviz B55 with the flight1 GTN 750 and 650 units integrated. I am sure this would keep you occupied for a long time:)

How are the frame rates of the B55 in P3Dv2 now?

I read frequently that in FSX it could be quite heavy on the frames, especially with the GPS's on.

Try the Coolsky DC9. Short hopper, no FMC. fun to hand fly, and automatic configuration so you can make it as simple or as deep as you want to spend the time.

Vic green

Razbam SA227... great dinamics ...... garrett engines.... analog panel..... cargo or pass... its a plane that can be a corporate turboprop or a hauler... realistic behavior on the engines if you dont handle with precaution you have to look on the ground where out the plane.... 

How is it on frames compared to the Twin Otter Rob?

Another one to add to the list is the Aerosoft OV10 - love the visiblity and modelling for low GA flying...

Agree with the Coolsky Dc9. I like to do short hops of under an hour and this plane is perfect. Not too complicated and the auto config allows you to skip anything you don't want to do.

I just use my all time favorite 737 :Devil:  and hand fly short hauls cyvr-cylw-cyxc-cyyc-cyeg-cyxx

I know these places like the back of my hand in real life and Orbx just make it all the sweeter.

I hope to purchase this wonderful plane for a second time in the near future. 

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

Will be interested in hearing about what you decide Jeroen.  I'm solidly GA as well, though I prefer complex singles and twins, as to fly them properly (even if the models don't require flying by the book, so long as they support it, I'm generally happy) requires a bit more work.  In that regard, my favorite plane remains the RealAir piston Duke v2.  But I occasionally get the bug for something bigger.  Not major airliner bigger (I never wanted to drive busses :lol: ) but something in between.

I too look at the Q400 and... I'm just not sure.  I love good systems depth, but I'm not a "systems" flier.  By that I mean I want to fly a plane with well fleshed out systems, not fly a plane who's well fleshed out systems actually fly the plane while I manage them.  One day it sounds like the Q400 is the former, and the next day it looks more to me like the latter.

I wonder if something like the Flight1 B200 King Air or the Milviz B350i King Air (now in Alpha release to early buyers) wouldn't fit your (and my) needs better.

Scott

I recommend the Milviz King Air 350i. While it is still considered in the alpha stage it has pretty much everything you need to fly short hops or even 2-3 hour hauls. The MilViz version of the Proline 21 uses a Universal FMS, which is pretty easy to use. I've been flying around SoCal on Pilot Edge and having a blast doing it.

Another aircraft I love is the Eaglesoft Citation X. As far as business jets go, it doesn't get much better. The interior is a little dated but avionics and systems are excellent. It looks sexy in P3Dv2. Plus at 0.92M you'll blow past the airliners at FL430 on a short hop from KSFO to KLAX.

Todd

The frames are great! Easy! My system its old all settings set to medium, but the metroliner have a gooood behavior even with the superB cabin detailed ! You can fly by the book or just for fun !

My goodness, you guys aren't making this any easier LOL

After looking at all the suggestions I notice I'd really like a 'small airliner' and not a large GA with more buttons so the Q400 is still the kind of airplane I'd like to get... while, as I said, at the same time it seems a bit too much already. (I'm not making this any easier myself LOL) Still, it's the more er... computerized and automated part that's attracting me right now. Somehow. I guess... 

Afaik it's not uncommon if I start my flights in a plane like this already 'warm' instead of cold and dark, right? I don't have to go from cold and dark to cold and dark every time, of course. Then again, the plane can be started within a minute or two, I guess. Well, anyway, I will have to give all this some more thought. Thanks for all suggestions!

P.S. Apart from the Q400 the MilViz King Air 350i seems interesting too with its Universal FMS! The main thing that's holding me back is that it is unclear how soon this plane will be finished...