Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

FlyTampa-Copenhagen Released

IMHO it's not worth the FlyTampa brand. Sorry!

No need to apologize, we're allowed to form our own opinions of the product ;)

"IMHO it's not worth the FlyTampa brand. Sorry!"

Why not?  It's so easy to make a statement like that, but please be more specific why YOU don't think it's FlyTampa standard?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

If its not to much to ask, can anyone figure out the differences in VAS usage when using default or high resolution textures? "Moderate" or "high" VAS usage doesn't say a lot to me. I will probably just be doing small flight between CPH and ESSA, ENGM or EFHK, but still, OOMs is a ######.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Its about time a high quality scenery came out for such a beautiful airport! I love Copenhagen, the city and the airport. I won't be getting it for a while though, not until bugs have been fixed atleast! 

EKCH is not a large airport. When Aerosoft can charge $34.95 for Heathrow I am staggered that I should pay the same for a much smaller one.

Price is not justified. $25-$30 would be more appropriate. I know some may disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

EKCH is not a large airport. When Aerosoft can charge $34.95 for Heathrow I am staggered that I should pay the same for a much smaller one.

Price is not justified. $25-$30 would be more appropriate. I know some may disagree with me but that's just my opinion.

Agree with you, Ray, which is why I baulked at making the buy. May wait till it comes up for a sale, whenever, if ever!

Its about time a high quality scenery came out for such a beautiful airport! I love Copenhagen, the city and the airport. I won't be getting it for a while though, not until bugs have been fixed atleast!

I had 3 issues and two were fixed the day of release.

This is why I do not mind paying a little more and contributing to one of the best developers. They need our support.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Agree with you, Ray, which is why I baulked at making the buy. May wait till it comes up for a sale, whenever, if ever!

Rick,

I tend to wait for the sales before buying airports. You have the Halloween one, Christmas, Easter and 4th July. Big discounts are made. For example I've just bought DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - UUEE MOSCOW SHEREMETYEVO for £11 instead of £15.81.

There's a huge markup on FS software and you can get bargains if you wait.

Also, consider buying from PC Aviator as you don't pay VAT and every Tuesday they have 10% off.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What is the difference between people who say it's poor on fps it's easy on fps?

Probably some advanced P3D options being set on;  eg. ground shadows, etc.

I don't think this is a "tough on frame rates" airport per se, but sure if you have high settings in P3D along with this amount of detail and buildings and coverage, something is going to give.

With no ground shadows in P3D, and sensible AG levels, I am seeing fastastic performance here, even in the Airbus A319 and other complex aircraft.       Although it does seem a little smoother in FSX.

I do agree that the price is uncharacteristically high for FlyTampa.

I'd guess this may be due to the join development overheads;  eg FlyTampa and FSDT both needing to make profits from each sale.

I had 3 issues and two were fixed the day of release.

This is why I do not mind paying a little more and contributing to one of the best developers. They need our support.

Fly Tampa is my favorite airport developer, the main reason I won't be getting it for a while is because I cannot afford it right now, and the price is a bit on the high side for a medium'ish airport...

For those using P3D wouldn't it be more appropriate to discuss EKCH issues in that forum. This is the FSX one after all. :wink:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Question for those who have successfully purchased Fly Tampa Copenhagen. How did you get the product once you'd paid for it? I don't see any way of getting to my account on their website. I've purchased it, via PayPal, but only have my PayPal receipt, nothing else. This was about 23 hours ago, and nothing from Fly Tampa and no way seemingly of getting the scenery.

I've written this question to their support email address but no reply yet.

Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Ray, don't forget you also get the whole city of Copenhagen with the package. Sure there's no way to get just the airport, but to me that's worth it. I have plenty of flights to do, especially intra-Scandinavia ones, considering all the recent releases covering that area (Oslo, Bergen, Tromso, etc.).