Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[03MAR15] PMDG's First Product for XPlane...

Will there be a version of this plane just as it looked in the age of PAA - 1940s/1950s? I would really love to combine it with my Stratocruiser to recreate real Pan American routes, just as they were flown back then - that means none of the modern equipment shown in the screens, like GPS.

Well, wouldn't it be better to include a system simillar to the one that was made for B377 Stratocruiser by A2A - with the "map" - one could pretend it's your navigator/FO going through the maps and checking your position. That's really immersive.

Will there be a version of this plane just as it looked in the age of PAA - 1940s/1950s? I would really love to combine it with my Stratocruiser to recreate real Pan American routes, just as they were flown back then - that means none of the modern equipment shown in the screens, like GPS.

I'm relatively sure there will be a Pan Am livery, as RSR is a big Pan Am fan. I'm not sure about the rest, though.

Full names in the forum, too, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Corrected the signature, forgot that it was not up yet.

Well, many or even most of the virtual pilots that are going to be lost without modern navigation, I understand it, but shouldn't the game appeal to those who love historical accuracy too?

Anyway, it's great that PMDG made this beautiful bird fly and I am sure that it will even surpass the standards of 777 or 737 as it will use the capabilities of XP. Hope that this one would not be the last one and we will see some more classic planes soon.

My personal wish which may never come true is to see good ol' Sikorsky flying boats made by a company such as PMDG. To recreate China Clippers is something that makes your engines tick faster.

I'm getting more and more excited with this. 
This release will be awesome..but the 737NGX and the 777 releases will just kill FSX/P3D/FSX-SE!!! Everything!!!

I'm the first buyer of those 2 airliners but looking forward for this one too.

I really hope everything is going well!! 

Keep It UP GUYS!!!

I switched over too Xplane 10 (64bit) a few months ago. I am glad PMDG will be soon supporting the Xplane format. In the past I purchased planes from PMDG for FSX and P3D. Without a doubt, PMDG makes a great product that's complete right out of the box... Looks good, flies good and everything works...

Anyone considering switching over to Xplane should know it's a whole different world. For me, It has been a real learning experience getting familiar with Xplane and all its contents... With that said, the more familiar I get with Xplane the better I like....And, it is supported with updates. Wow what a concept!  

I switched over too Xplane 10 (64bit) a few months ago. I am glad PMDG will be soon supporting the Xplane format. In the past I purchased planes from PMDG for FSX and P3D. Without a doubt, PMDG makes a great product that's complete right out of the box... Looks good, flies good and everything works...

Anyone considering switching over to Xplane should know it's a whole different world. For me, It has been a real learning experience getting familiar with Xplane and all its contents... With that said, the more familiar I get with Xplane the better I like....And, it is supported with updates. Wow what a concept!  

Sign the post before Kyle notices you  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Almost 3 months later...

Can't wait to see more pics from the beta testing team :-)

And even more , can't wait for the next project announcment , really hope it'll be the 737NG so that the 737's fleet in it's all historical variations will be avilable (FJS 732 , IXEG 737CL and 737NG)

Xplane really needs a PMDG level 737NG and watching the forums it's the most anticipated airline.

I wonder how the converting process will be , is it actually a matter of months or years per one airline? 

Im not asking for ETA or something like that , just wondering if it's a matter of rebuilding many systems or just "connecting" them via plugins to Xplane and making the necessary fixes.

Either way can't wait to see the NGX with HDR nigh lightning , windshield rain effects , heat blur etc...!

Gal Cohen

I honestly wouldn't expect to see the 737NG to arrive in XPX's lifespan. We will more than likely be welcoming XPXI at the same time.

The first PMDG product only has been announced. But it seems that the announcement was far before it would be available. Not to talk about starting the devlopppment of any other aircraft like the 737NX or 777. That means i dont expect any modern airliner from PMDG for X-Plane before 2017 or even 2018 :(

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

From what I understand the X-Plane DC6 has been in development for at least two years maybe more. Nobody knows what else has been in development for X-Plane at the same time, but there has been hints of a second project. The first one is always going to have the longest development time but I would imagine converting the current range will take less time. Especially as all the relevant research has already been done for FSX/P3D and they will have learnt a lot from the DC6

Jason Row

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

Just in case you haven't heard--

RSR announced that the DC-6 is now in Beta.

All the best PMDG-- looking forward to your first product for x-plane

Peter Osborn

Not sure if this was asked by any one. 

Will this plane (and of course all PMDG's following X-Plane planes) be supported on MacOSX? 

Thanks! 

Not sure if this was asked by any one. 

Will this plane (and of course all PMDG's following X-Plane planes) be supported on MacOSX? 

Thanks! 

In one of the threads they said it would support Windows, OS X, and Linux.

In one of the threads they said it would support Windows, OS X, and Linux.

I really hope that this is true... I use X-Plane 10 under Linux and it works like a charm!

Has there been any more news from PMDG since May which I might have missed?

Juergen Vollmer

Flight sim enthusiast and real life pilot

Just in case you haven't heard--

RSR announced that the DC-6 is now in Beta.

All the best PMDG-- looking forward to your first product for x-plane

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong beta cycle :rolleyes: