Sign in to follow this  
DylanM

Upcoming ORBX TreesHD will also boost performance

It says right on the first line of the thread "Eugene, our resident autogen wizard, has optimized the autogen models for max efficiency" so it's beyond just a texture replacement.

The latest update posted 6 minutes ago on the ORBX forum indicates that VAS will now be lower with the HD trees.

You've all been informed that the upcoming HD trees will boost performance with regard to FPS, which is a welcome boost! 

However a lot of you (and myself included) are wondering what this means for the "other side" of flight sim performance, Virtual Address Space (VAS) usage. After all, if HD trees are 4x as detailed and the standard trees they replace, they must use more VAS, right?

Well, logically you might think so, but the good news is this is NOT the case with the optimized HD trees... Indeed it is slightly reversed and you should see a slight reduction in VAS usage! 

I'll believe this when I see it too. The cheerleaders at the ORBX forum will lap up anything JV shovels at them

[/cynicism]

Yeah but he does shovel some good sh#t

ZORAN

A bit like a "Sale". Up to 80% OFF, but only one item is 80 off, the other 25000 items are 2% off. Will see once it has been released to market. We shall see then if it is 2 FPS or 10.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

A bit like a "Sale". Up to 80% OFF, but only one item is 80 off, the other 25000 items are 2% off. Will see once it has been released to market. We shall see then if it is 2 FPS or 10.

No, that's Walmart

More interested in vas usage than fps. More fps is always good but let's face it, vas is what is limiting the amount of detail you can have displayed on a higher end system with complex aircraft.

I'd buy it if vas reduction is reasonable.

Chris

The latest update posted 6 minutes ago on the ORBX forum indicates that VAS will now be lower with the HD trees.

Was this subsequent to the sceenshots in one of their posts? I saw VAS increases in those shots. Not trying to be disruptive here. Just curious. Can you give us a link?

Thanks

EDIT: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/95059-ftx-hd-trees-performance-gains-quantified/

I'll believe this when I see it too. The cheerleaders at the ORBX forum will lap up anything JV shovels at them so I wouldn't take the enthusiasm over there as anything but.

Yea, Yea, Yea............for ORBX!!!!!

Sign me up as a new cheerleader!   Never used Orbx until this year. Been flight simming since it's invention, with a brief pause for a computer upgrade.  These Orbx products are fantastic. They revive the whole mountain west, into recognizable airports, to which I flew to so many in real life.  Between some excellent third party airplanes, and the replacement textures, lighting, buildings, etc.....................it's so much like flying the real thing again. Note: I am a GA fan. Don't much care about modern airliners, just the classics. Never been on the Orbx forums either.

I just know when a product is very much worthwhile.

Well, the trees look great and any perf boost is welcome.

Don't get the negativity to be honest.....

The cheerleaders at the ORBX forum will lap up anything JV shovels at them.

I will buy everything JV shovels at me long as my sim runs smooth and looks beautiful. Support is fantastic. Products are updated regularly - even ones purchased years ago. Furthermore, they offer airports and scenery that compliment my flying preferences. I have no complaints.

It is certainly wise to be skeptical and research every single addon before purchasing, but your hostility towards the joy and excitement Orbx creates for it's customers isn't necessary or productive. The developers of Opus and X-Plane rub me the the wrong way, but I would never extend my rancor to their customers.

Im actually excited for OpenLC NA, hopefully soon...

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well, the trees look great and any perf boost is welcome.

Don't get the negativity to be honest.....

Same here ;-)

André

I'm a little confused.  Is this a program that replaces default P3d trees and in so doing increases P3d performance, or is it an optimized upgrade for the tress in FTX global and/or other ORBX sceneries?

Steve Giblin