Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mazo

P3D V2 Hotfix 2.5.12945.0.

This can't be the real Pete, we all know he's on vacation hiking Mt. Fuji and there is no cell phone coverage there.

Probably just one of his Auto bots.

Cheers, Rob.

Probably just one of his Auto bots.
 Yeah.  FSUIPC Is his bot swarm.  lol.

Disclaimer:  9900k@5.3ghz on Asus Maximus X Formula, G.Skill TridentZ RGB 4x8GB 4266/17 XMP, EVGA 2080 ti Kingpin (8400/2160Mhz), Samsung 960 EVO 250GB PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD , 28TB HDD total - 4TB+ photoscenery, Romex Software PrimoCache RAM and SSD cache (must have!), 3x1080p 30" monitors, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, Pimax 4k & BE HMDs, Samsung Gear VR '17, Homdio v1, Cardboard, custom loop 2x 360x64ML Rads, Thermaltake View 71, VRM watercool, Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut CPU (naked die), Fujipoly / ModRight Ultra Extreme System Builder Thermal Pad on MB VRM. 8x Corsair ML120 (slight positive pressure). 🙂

Should we delete the shaders again after install this last fix?

Yes

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | MSI RTX 2080 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Win10) | 2TB Samsung 970 EVO (P3Dv5) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO   

Yes

Thanks...however will like to know why?...just curiosity...:)

Pedro Rodriguez

Not saying it is a requirement, and most likely you will run into no problems if you don't flush Shader cache. But it doesn't hurt and can only benefit. It looks like LM updated GPUTerrain.fx and ParticleCS.fx in the root Shaders folder. Best to start your cache with a clean slate and avoid potential anomalies.

I'm no expert by any means and others with more qualifications could elaborate further on specific benefits of doing so.

MUUV7Ax.png?1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | MSI RTX 2080 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO (Win10) | 2TB Samsung 970 EVO (P3Dv5) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO   

Not saying it is a requirement, and most likely you will run into no problems if you don't flush Shader cache. But it doesn't hurt and can only benefit. It looks like LM updated GPUTerrain.fx and ParticleCS.fx in the root Shaders folder. Best to start your cache with a clean slate and avoid potential anomalies.

I'm no expert by any means and others with more qualifications could elaborate further on specific benefits of doing so.

rgr thank you sr ....if doesnt hurt, then why not...better star from new fresh 

regards

Pedro Rodriguez

ASN v B5568 

OUT!

David Murden.  MSFS2020   DCS  

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

TrackIR • Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • Internet BT 75 Mbps Unlimited 

ASN v B5568 

OUT!

Thanks for the heads up! Will now consider installing the latest "hotfix" :P

Is it me or are textures crisper/sharper?

10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E  32GB DDR4 CL14 3200MHz RTX 3080  Corsair iCUE H150i Pro XT 360mm 

Corsair HX850i Platinum Plus 2x 1TB Samsung EVO Plus M.2  Phanteks Enthoo Evolo X Case  Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR 

- Who's Pete Dowson and what's FUSPIC?

- Should we delete the shader cache?

- Does ASN work?

- What's 3PD anyway? Is it better than FSX?

1 day late, sorry. But sometimes AVSIM threads are just downright painful to get through...

Greg Montey

"Because with great power, comes great responsitriligence..."

- Who's Pete Dowson and what's FUSPIC?

- Should we delete the shader cache?

- Does ASN work?

- What's 3PD anyway? Is it better than FSX?

- http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

- Yes

- Yes

- http://www.prepar3d.com/. Yes.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, P3D Professional 5, AeroflyFS2, XP11; Beta tester of SimStarter, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung SSD M.2 500 GB + Samsung SSD 1 TB + Intel SSD 500 GB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 /  XTOP/Saitek hardware panel / HP Reverb / Win 10/64

IS the hotfix worth it, can someone explain to me (in normal terms) what it does exactly? 

Cheers!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Is it me or are textures crisper/sharper?

Do you mean with the P3D hotfix or ASN? I know they fixed textures appearing dull if the Scenario Setup screen was used.

No I did a quick circuit and thought textures loaded really well and looked very sharp but I was in a GA and that's not normal for me.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

40%
    $10,150.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now