Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Goat Simulator - Waste of Space

GS has has sold millions. Amazing. Now we have a sequel, and once again must face the prospect of a goat simulator outselling flight sims. 

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Oh spare me Obi Wan Kenobi!

• Upvote 1

Isn't everything outselling flight sims? Who cares?

• Upvote 3

GS has has sold millions. Amazing. Now we have a sequel, and once again must face the prospect of a goat simulator outselling flight sims. 

I heard a rumour that PMDG are going to develop add ons for it. 

• Upvote 4

I heard a rumour that PMDG are going to develop add ons for it. 

The PMDG Goat, with fully featured Auto-goat, Goat-radar and Goat Management System, as well as working Goat Collision Avoidance System.

• Upvote 8

Thanks to the Great Computer God!! Because of him we have the new line of Pascal GPU's to support this wonderful piece of software. All the 30 somethings living in Mom and Dad's basement will not grow up and move out for another 10 years! America is in real trouble. It makes me sad. :cray:

I never buy these parody sims as I find the trailers amusing enough  :lol:

I bought the original Goat sim for like $2.99 or so. Got a lot of laughs with it. Money well spent.

Goat Simulator - Waste of Space yeeahhhh...... waste of space in you Hard disk or SSD!!!  LOL!!!!

I was going to buy it, but I've decided to wait until there's a review on Avsim... :Devil:

Regards

Bill

• Upvote 1

Are we this hard up for entertainment?

the sad answer is apparently.

Farm Simulator outsold most flightsim addons for quite some time - and that's on a flightsim site. But I get that.

Goat Simulator? I watched one or two LetPlays. I honestly don't get it. It's the most randomly stupid thing ever.

It's the most randomly stupid thing ever.

That's exactly the point. The absurdity tickled peoples funny-bones, and supporting it became sort of a shared joke on the internet. Its the sort of whimsy that's practically banned from "serious" sims, and that's part of the joke as well.

Someday we should think about that a bit.  :smile:

• Upvote 2

HA! I read the title and thought: Waste of *HDD* space, to which I totally agree.... :P

The PMDG Goat, with fully featured Auto-goat, Goat-radar and Goat Management System, as well as working Goat Collision Avoidance System.

But will it have knee flex if PMDG does it?

• Upvote 2

Sigh...it makes me sad, this rubbish is why we don't get great simulator games anymore.  People waste money on these dreadful 'joke' sims, when they could be buying things like Euro Truck or OMSI.  

The word Simulator has become a joke now on places like Steam, whereas previously it would have meant things like Falcon 4.

• Upvote 1

Sigh...it makes me sad, this rubbish is why we don't get great simulator games anymore.  People waste money on these dreadful 'joke' sims, when they could be buying things like Euro Truck or OMSI.  

The word Simulator has become a joke now on places like Steam, whereas previously it would have meant things like Falcon 4.

Do you seriously believe that these joke sims has turned even a single soul away from "proper" sims? I don't believe that for a moment. Flight sims sells poorly because people aren't interested in them, not because they think Goat Simulator or whatever is a serious alternative to FSX or X-plane. As for Euro Truck Simulator it's doing well enough. ETS2 has outsold GS, and people are actually playing it. Heck, even FSX-SE consistently beats GS in terms of concurrent players.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - SteamSpy

Goat Simulator - SteamSpy

FSX-SE - SteamSpy

People can waste money on whatever they like as long as it's their money. It doesn't in any way diminish the enjoyment I get from playing "my" games.

Do you seriously believe that these joke sims has turned even a single soul away from "proper" sims? I don't believe that for a moment. Flight sims sells poorly because people aren't interested in them, not because they think Goat Simulator or whatever is a serious alternative to FSX or X-plane. As for Euro Truck Simulator it's doing well enough. ETS2 has outsold GS, and people are actually playing it. Heck, even FSX-SE consistently beats GS in terms of concurrent players.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - SteamSpyGoat Simulator - SteamSpyFSX-SE - SteamSpy

People can waste money on whatever they like as long as it's their money. It doesn't in any way diminish the enjoyment I get from playing "my" games.

Lol yeah that was a false equivalency if I've ever seen one! Simulators are doing fine and the goats wont help or hinder that.

Oh man, purchasing two GTX1080's for SLI madness just for this masterpiece...lol.

• Upvote 1

Oh man, purchasing two GTX1080's for SLI madness just for this masterpiece...lol.

:lol:

Well you can blame that on a steady diet of annual and progressively more obscure throwaway simulators (mostly of German or eastern European origin).   After Road Works Simulator, Tow Truck Simulator or Underground Mining Simulator and the like it was only a short hop, skip and a jump to Tea Party Simulator 2015 and Christmas Shopping Simulator 2: Black Friday Edition

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=United%20Independent%20Entertainment%20GmbH

https://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialNerdCubed/search?query=simulator

As for Goat Simulator... Ahh good times :wub:   The Goat MMO Simulator expansion being the most fun  :Party:

I suppose we'll soon find out what the total delta-v available to a fully loaded goat is?

I'm waiting for the "Randy Old Goat" expansion.

Just Curious, Are most of the sales in Colorado and Washington???

• Upvote 1