Sign in to follow this  
TszChun

Have Anyone Here flown into FlyTampa Toronto CYYZ without OOM?

With P3D3.2 I was able to fly into and out of Toronto in the 777 without crashing out due to VAS.  I've been unable to do that in 3.3

Why do you think so? Please read about before making such statements.

Here is a NGX at EHAM in Europe, with Grand Canyon photoscenery disabled and Process Explorer readings of VAS:

FSX+PS%20D.jpg

sl+d.jpg

PE+D.jpg

And here is a same situatiation, with Grand Canyon enabled:

fsx+with%20ps%20enabled.jpg

sl+e.jpg

PE+with%20PS%20enabled.jpg

As you can see, with photoscenery(which is far away)enabled, VAS is higher by almost 200MB. Keep in mind this is with only one scenery(which is not needed)enabled. If i enable all my sceneries, i'll get instant OOM. But i use SceneryConfigEditor before every flight and never had a OOM. This is why SeneryConfigEditor exists, to allow us to disable all sceneries that are not needed for current flight

Something must be wrong with your fsx installation, or there is a radius where the photo scenery loads. I started a flight at FlyTampa Dubai, noting VAS usage. Then disabled all photoscenery including the default cities, started fsx again, and did not lose any vas. It stayed the same. - David Lee

I

I haven't got the lite texture pack installed just because I want to enjoy the amazing visual effect created by FlyTampa. But still I would install it if there is no other options for me...

How much VAS remaining when you landed the airport? Did you get the transparent glass of the terminal shown?

Thanks for your solution.

FlyTampa CYYZ is the only airport at which I have experienced OOM. I flew from FSDT KLAX v2 to Flightbeam KSFO HD which are definitely the two complicated sceneries with other online traffics but no OOM. So strange,,,

I have tested the sceneries by Process Explorer, and noticed that 3.1 to 3.5GB VAS has been used just after I started the flight at gate and pan around the cockpit...

May I ask you whether you can get the transparent glass and interiors of the terminals properly shown?

Anson

interesting, I can NOT fly a long flight into FSDT KLAX on the 77W without an OOM. No issues with any other FSDT airport, just KLAX. 

Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

FlyTampa CYYZ on PD3 3.4 HF2 --> impossible with PMDG 777 with acceptable settings (LOD 4.5, etc).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

FlyTampa CYYZ on PD3 3.4 HF2 --> impossible with PMDG 777 with acceptable settings (LOD 4.5, etc).

With this scenery you need to have LOD of 4.5 and no more.  I also have ORBX Global, LC and Vector.  Turn off Tertiary roads and only highlight first tick on Secondary.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

With this scenery you need to have LOD of 4.5 and no more.  I also have ORBX Global, LC and Vector.  Turn off Tertiary roads and only highlight first tick on Secondary.  

Frozen waters is a killer too!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I just completed a flight from LOWW to EGLL after installing AS16 + ASCA without OOM. I still saw VAS leaking during the flight, but I noticed a dramatic loss of VAS when flying through airspace above Frankfurt where I had got Aerosoft's scenery installed. I wlll now try to use scenery configurator to disable that and see whether the VAS loss will disppear.

To those who are using FTX Global Vector with Scenery Configurator, may I know if I should run Airport Elevation Correction Tool everytime I disable a scenery? I am used to run the tool once I install a new scenery to ensure it works without elevation issue, but I wonder if I should do so after activating or deactivating the sceneries I have already installed...

To those who are using FTX Global Vector with Scenery Configurator, may I know if I should run Airport Elevation Correction Tool everytime I disable a scenery? I am used to run the tool once I install a new scenery to ensure it works without elevation issue, but I wonder if I should do so after activating or deactivating the sceneries I have already installed...

Theoretically, yes. If you disable addon scenery, you may leave wrong elevation for default airport. In my opinion, there is no need to run AEC if you don't plan to land there. For example, if you disable Aerosoft EDDF, you need to run AEC only if you are going to land to default EDDF

Theoretically, yes. If you disable addon scenery, you may leave wrong elevation for default airport. In my opinion, there is no need to run AEC if you don't plan to land there. For example, if you disable Aerosoft EDDF, you need to run AEC only if you are going to land to default EDDF

Is there an Orbx region for the EDDF area?! Suppose there was no Orbx region in there, whatever you enable or disable there wouldn't be the need to run airport elevation correction tool... Right?!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Is there an Orbx region for the EDDF area?! Suppose there was no Orbx region in there, whatever you enable or disable there wouldn't be the need to run airport elevation correction tool... Right?!

depends on what you have installed. If you have FS Global or other mesh, ORBX Vector, you can run AEC just to be sure. I don't know for EDDF, not all default airports are affected. You can check in AEC, there is a list of airports under "AEC is enabled for". If EDDF is not in this list, you don't need to run it after disabling/enabling payware EDDF

Has anybody done any tests with FT CYYZ on and off, with other things equal? I have read that the Toronto area is a VAS vacuum at the best of times.

I have been flying PMDG 777 for almost 2 year, but never experienced such a huge memory leak.

At the beginning of this year, I noticed that certain kind of missed approach was the culprit of memory leak in crusing stage, which was thankfully addressed by PMDG. Selecting STAR JUST before descent was one of the temporary solution mitigating the risk of OOM. Since then, I have successfully completed every flight without memory issue. However, after a long rest leaving flight sim behind, the memory leak issue occurs again! When I flew the 777 from LOWW to EGLL last week, I saw the VAS stably leaking around 400-500MB/hour when cruising. When the aircraft approached UK airspace, the sim got the Aerosoft's EGLL scenery loaded in hence the memory bounced suddenly to 3.8-3.9GB

The first thing I tried to do after the OOM was to lower both REX setting and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD to 1024, then test the same flight. Unfortunately this did not do the trick, the VAS was still leaking at the similar rate. That's why I believe that the leak WAS NOT caused by graphic settings. 

Yesterday I tested another flight from EGLL to EDDF. 3GB VAS was used once I loaded the scenery which was normal, but I noticed that the memory was not released as soon as I climbed and left the scenery behind. Plus, the VAS leaked 400-500MB/hour as well. I could not completed such the short flight even though I disabled Aerosoft Zurich near EDDF by Scenery Config Editor.

What I have done after I take the long rest were (1) Upgrading ASN to AS16 to ASCA; (2) Setting both Min and Max Cloud Draw Distance to 60; (3) Updating AIRAC cycle to 1613(4) Updating Orbx Libraries. I have no idea why the OOM came back. The most suspicious culprit I guess was AIRAC cycle because it has been the cause of memory leak before. In addition, when I flew the 777 from EGLL to LOWW, the VAS stayed almost constant when cruising. But while flying from LOWW to EGLL, and from EGLL to EDDF, the memory leak stably even though nothing big got loaded in in crusing stage! Is it possible that entering certain airports into FMC as DEST or ORIGIN was anither cause of memory leak?

I would be grateful if you guys could help testing the aforementioned airports to see whether memory leak was observable?

Anson

Has anybody done any tests with FT CYYZ on and off, with other things equal? I have read that the Toronto area is a VAS vacuum at the best of times.

I have FlyTampa Toronto but never successfully completed a flight to there...

The most suspicious culprit I guess was AIRAC cycle because it has been the cause of memory leak before

AIRAC cycles do not cause memory leaks. I believe memory leaks are caused by certain missed approach procedures at a certain runway at certain airports. Please see post #1 of this thread - http://www.avsim.com/topic/468259-07may15-detailed-discussion-of-resolved-777-vas-leak/?hl=%22memory+leak%22 - for what a memory leak is.

I have FlyTampa Toronto but never successfully completed a flight to there...

Kind of makes you want to stay away their new EHAM. I would like get it but ...

Kind of makes you want to stay away their new EHAM. I would like get it but ...

Oh really?!? Do they realize people have complex jetliners flying into these kind of airports?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho