Sign in to follow this  
TszChun

Have Anyone Here flown into FlyTampa Toronto CYYZ without OOM?

I have them turned off.

Dave

Might be related:  I have the FlyTampa CYUL Montreal and noticed a 500 MB hit on VAS when I flew by at cruise altitude.  I checked the scenery bgl files and found a 471 MB and an 83 MB photo scenery files, geeze. Changed the extension to .bgl.OFF and double checked in the simulator to see the visual impact and decided it looked better without.  I also have Orbx FTX Canada/Alaska openLC installed so the loss of photo scenery isn't an issue.

Dan Downs KCRP

Might be related:  I have the FlyTampa CYUL Montreal and noticed a 500 MB hit on VAS when I flew by at cruise altitude.  I checked the scenery bgl files and found a 471 MB and an 83 MB photo scenery files, geeze. Changed the extension to .bgl.OFF and double checked in the simulator to see the visual impact and decided it looked better without.  I also have Orbx FTX Canada/Alaska openLC installed so the loss of photo scenery isn't an issue.

But I am not sure which files can be deleted for CYYZ in my case...but I believe that night blending options could be a possible workaround...

first of all, if i didn't overlook. u didn't mentioned ur simulator.i fly in & out of CYYZ couple of times with maxed setting but not with 4096 textures.lower the texture & if u using fsx i can't help & i don't think anybody here can help u with that.also vector is know to be a beast when it comes to memory.i will suggest u to disable it unless u really,really fond of what it does to add immersion to ur flying experience.
but, for p3d try these as the basics & u will be just fine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grEYUv6bJ4

Muntasir Ahmed

From what I heard with Vector and LC, FT YYZ + the 777, will be unflyable. Remember that YYZ itself, by default, for some unknown reason even to FT, is a very heavy area. I get about 200-300MB more by flying around Toronto default area then any other default areas (except for maybe Seattle and LA).

Also on DX10 I find that you save a bit on VAS vs DX9.

I can get into FT Toronto in the 777 with no problems. Using the Lite textures and also FSX in DX10 (with the Fixer). I do not use any Orbx scenery.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Yeah, without OOM, but with horrible FPS! I fly in P3D v3.3.5 and the FPS are the worst I ever had on an airport in P3D so far. 12 - 20. FlyTampa is pretty silent about the whole FPS thing and I tried all things I can imagine without success. 

Other FT airports:

EKCH Copenhagen (30 - 40 FPS)

LGAV Athens (30 - 40 FPS)

LGKR Corfu (30 - 35 FPS)

Even KSFO HD is flyable with 30 FPS for me... 

VAS on the other hand seems to be "fair" for this kind of airport with such details.

Philipp Schwaegerl

Since version 1.2, Vector has added several thousand, very accurately shaped lakes, streams, and other water bodies to Ontario/Quebec. It is these additional shorelines that cause many memory problems. Disabling the tertiary roads, small rivers/streams, shimmery bridges, and tunnels, etc, will help during a tubeliner flight. Also, disable orbx library objects, as they eat up a considerable amount of memory and are a major source of shimmering objects.

Good luck,

Jazz

Yeah, without OOM, but with horrible FPS! I fly in P3D v3.3.5 and the FPS are the worst I ever had on an airport in P3D so far. 12 - 20. FlyTampa is pretty silent about the whole FPS thing and I tried all things I can imagine without success. 

Other FT airports:

EKCH Copenhagen (30 - 40 FPS)

LGAV Athens (30 - 40 FPS)

LGKR Corfu (30 - 35 FPS)

Even KSFO HD is flyable with 30 FPS for me... 

VAS on the other hand seems to be "fair" for this kind of airport with such details.

It is a very heavy FPS airport. Mostly it is not due to airport but the surrounding area. I have managed to squeeze out 25-30fps by constantly tweaking the cfg file as well as my graphics settings. Mind that, all the stuff like Mesh and and other things I have on Max. My PC is about 3-4 years old.

I'd like to chime in by saying it is absolutely imperative that you completely disable all options in Vector (except maybe highways) around CYYZ when flying a PMDG or other high demand aircraft. In my experience, having even the whole Highways group selected can reduce your framerate by at least 15 FPS. P3D is a bit better here because it's more active loading/unloading assets, but then you get a lot of autogen pop and stutters.

Just like in real life folks, there's not much to see around there minus downtown Toronto, just land and enjoy the pretty Flytampa airport :) .

I have researched into different parameters which would be the possible causes of OOM, and TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD is the one.

Hmm.. I was facing OOM with my new build where I did not have OOMs with my previous system..almost all same scenery

and I had  TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD =4K and then I changed it down to 2K

Should I reduce this to 1K? What do I stand to lose if I go from 2K to 1K?  I'd rather not have OOMs.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

All sceneries that are enabled in scenery library will use some VAS, which leads to OOM. It doesn't matter in which area you fly. You can fly in Europe and sceneries from China will use VAS if enabled.

What?? No... That is just wrong...

What?? No... That is just wrong...

Yes that was my understanding too except, maybe, for photoreal stuff.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

This is not "wrong".

If you have everything enabled in your library and fly from, lets say, Mallorca -> Frankfurt with the 737 NGX and have every airport on the way enabled, you can run into trouble with the VAS. 

Philipp Schwaegerl