Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

744 v3 BETA - On the gate at VHHX

Atmosphere? I don't really care about 'atmosphere'.

Found the perfect sim for you, then  :wink: Wow, just look at all those numbers, exactly like the real thing! And also... those numbers! How about all those numbers, eh? Wait... what is that, a mountain?? Bah, wasted time. You should have worked on the numbers more. 

A-screenshot-from-subLOGIC-FS1-for-the-A

What a pity to see screenshots of this beauty in FSX... P3D, with all its HDR, shadows and Rayleigh scatter effects, is now much better.... So much closer to reality... I hope that the P3D version will be released instantly after the FSX one...

James Goggi

I guess some of us like realism. And some of us don't. :)

I like how you've replied to everyone who's humored your juvenile "argument", except for the actual 767 pilot who says that even he doesn't notice all the numbers you've demanded information on. 

[2am rant mode on]

I know what you're doing (assuming you aren't trolling), you're virtue signaling. You're trying to show everybody how good of a pretend pilot you are by jumping on the bizzare bandwagon of turning your nose up at visual fidelity and instead demanding that the sim values match up precisely with what they 'should' be on a plane you have 0 hours in. Have you ever seen videos by or reports from simmers who got a chance to fly a full motion level-D sim? Many of them, despite being 4-star senior captains at their Virtual Airlines, experience difficulty in the big-boy sim and many can barely manage landing without ending up in the grass because FSX can't give them the true 'feel' of the plane to properly gauge its size, weight, cockpit dimensions, etc. Obviously, we can never achieve this in FSX. So what's the next best thing? A very high quality visual model with all the bells and whistles, great sounds, effects, curved CRTs, the works. With such good visual/audio modeling, your brain can be tricked into thinking you're in the actual plane in a way that a 2D panel simply can't accomplish. Isn't that why we all waste our time and money with this godforsaken hobby, to feel like we're actually flying? When you combine that with very accurate data (as we know PMDG delivers even without screenshots and excel tables), then great, you have a high fidelity sim you can actually lose yourself in.

If you mean what you say and truly don't care about atmosphere there's already a 747 sim you'd love (seriously this time); Aerowinx PSX. All it is is a 747 2D panel. It doesn't even have any exterior visual graphics by default. Here you go, you're welcome! http://www.aerowinx.com/

[/2am rant mode off]

And I usually fly 2D anyway and always remove the external model on all my FSX add-ons so no loss.

Wow, why even bother.  Seems like you are so into the minutiae,  that you've lost sight of the bigger picture of simming.

But, it is always those with anger issues and a little bit of knowledge who are the least humble when humility is called for.

• Upvote 1

stop feeding  him guys  that's  all he  wants

• Upvote 3

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I bet anyone a Buffalo Nickel this will be his first PMDG bird he ever flown and his last aircraft he purchased was the Abacus 787. It could happen.

• Upvote 2

Thinking about Kai Tak, would it be possible for PMDG to add a "custom airports/navdata" folder and have it take priority over standard navdata? Right now every time you update the standard navdata you would lose the custom airports e.g. Kai Tak, it would be great if there's a more permanent way of adding these custom airports.

Of course the real 767 doesn't care about the numbers. Why should he? He flies the real thing. But if we want to simulate the real thing accurately, wouldn't we want it to simulate it.....er.....accurately? You'd be the first to complain if it didn't.

Seems PMDG 'fan bois' are settling for 2nd best. Strange times.

And I'd LOVE the aerowinx. Probably blows the rest out of the water. Only for the price.

And I usually fly 2D anyway and always remove the external model on all my FSX add-ons so no loss.

lol .2nd best ? whats the first best ?

Have we honestly got a couple of pages of petty bickering?  :fool: Thanks for the shot, Mark.

• Upvote 1

Kyle,

May I enquire how the TOGA button works on the 744 compared to say the 737 or 777.. Looking at various videos, the PF presses the TOGA button but the throttles do not motor forward, why is this? It seems they have to manually advance the throttles instead of them advancing automatically. When they advance the throttles after pressing TOGA, I assume the systems will then takeoff over and set the required %N1?

It's just I've seen them press it and the throttles stay where they are until the PF manually advances them..

Many thanks,

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Kyle,

May I enquire how the TOGA button works on the 744 compared to say the 737 or 777.. Looking at various videos, the PF presses the TOGA button but the throttles do not motor forward, why is this? It seems they have to manually advance the throttles instead of them advancing automatically. When they advance the throttles after pressing TOGA, I assume the systems will then takeoff over and set the required %N1?

It's just I've seen them press it and the throttles stay where they are until the PF manually advances them..

Many thanks,

I've noticed it takes a second or two for the throttles to move once TOGA has been hit (after initial spool up). I think it's perfectly normal - I doubt any PF is actually moving the throttle, just shadowing the position with their hand.

Thinking about Kai Tak, would it be possible for PMDG to add a "custom airports/navdata" folder and have it take priority over standard navdata? Right now every time you update the standard navdata you would lose the custom airports e.g. Kai Tak, it would be great if there's a more permanent way of adding these custom airports.

That would add layers of complexity into something that doesn't need to be so complex. I mentioned in another thread that, if I get some free time, I might write up a quick program that'll "inject" some data back in. That way, you can just run it after you run the data manager and everything will be back in place.

No promises, but it'll honestly help me out too (I won't tell you how many times I've just added in VHHH into the RTE page and then just rawdata the IGS), so I might just find time.

As Karl mentioned, it's just that the pilot is holding on to it as it motors forward.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

And I'd LOVE the aerowinx. Probably blows the rest out of the water. Only for the price.

I've known Hardy for a long time.  He builds a nice sim, but saying it "blows the rest out of the water" is a little disingenuous considering you don't own it or the latest PMDG B747 ver.3. 

My apologies to Kyle for not talking about my first trip into Kai Tak as a FO on a B707 freighter.  I should have known better.  :smile:

blaustern 

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam