Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

744 v3 BETA - On the gate at VHHX

Stunning, the 744 really has the most charm of any aircraft out there in my opinion.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

Stunning, the 744 really has the most charm of any aircraft out there in my opinion.

Agreed andso it will become my main tube liner ride.

spacer.png

Very nice shot, I'm eagerly looking forward to fly the new Queen!

One small request for PMDG, perhaps this might save a lot of pain after the release seeing all those Kai Tak shots.

As Kai Tak is no longer in the current navigation databases, how about you hardcode the Kai Tak and old Quito data into the 747, regardless of the AIRAC installed?

This would safe a lot of simmers quite some pain fiddling with AIRACs if they want to fly of either of the two airports.

Is it truly that difficult to change out a single text file? - David Lee

Is it truly that difficult to change out a single text file? - David Lee

There are three files involved, two of which would be overwritten every navdata cycle update. There might be some clever ways to accomplish this, such as an application that you run after each update to do the reinstall of VHHHX but it's not just one text file.

Dan Downs KCRP

I was about to post that Todd, I use their files without issue. Also comes with very easy to follow manual instructions in case you need to manually install it. Highly recommended!

In fact I just flew igs 13 down to the checker boards about an hour ago. All stars were there, fantastic.

Chris

Definitely a nice image which captures the queen's atmosphere! When possible I would like to see some livery repaint previews if possible.

Atmosphere? I don't really care about 'atmosphere'.

Nobody has posted pics showing EPR or N1 at cruise. What degree nose up is at 375,000kg at FL290-310?

What is the climb rate at 290kt IAS AT FL100, 200, 300. What is it using 340 kts IAS? What is the descent rate at various weights? That's the pics I want to see. How realistic is the FDE?

No wonder every add-on requires so many updates and fixes when beta testers are too busy looking at wing flex and 'atmosphere'. Dear oh dear.

Calm down there homeboy. PMDG does there homework when it comes to addons. The plane has been in tech testing for a long time with actual 747 pilots. Also, this isnt there first 747, this is actually number 3.

• Upvote 2

No wonder every add-on requires so many updates and fixes when beta testers are too busy looking at wing flex and 'atmosphere'. Dear oh dear.

You're starting to walk the line of appearing entitled, and in those cases, people are usually a lot less forthcoming, particularly when you have requests...but...while they're off testing things instead of taking screenshots that meet your meticulous specification, I'll address your concerns:

Is there a restriction on what pics you can show?
Because, no offence, that's a pretty ordinary pic to show.

Can't show others from in flight? Climb, cruise, descent pics? No FPS?
Just ONE on the ground? That's it?

Apart from not showing anything that has some sort of issue, no.

Interestingly enough, he isn't obligated to show any pictures at all...ordinary or not.

There are a few in flight - you just have to look around the forum here. There are at least a couple climb and cruise. Showing FPS is largely irrelevant unless you have the same exact computer, with the same exact graphics settings. There are a few posts around here that address FPS compared to our other add-ons as well, which show the 744 is actually a little better than the 777.

There is just one in this thread, yes. Yes, that's it.

Nobody has posted pics showing EPR or N1 at cruise. What degree nose up is at 375,000kg at FL290-310?
What is the climb rate at 290kt IAS AT FL100, 200, 300. What is it using 340 kts IAS? What is the descent rate at various weights? That's the pics I want to see. How realistic is the FDE?

Yes, atmosphere. You don't care about atmosphere - others do.

You may be able to find an EPR/N1 pic somewhere, but it won't mean much since it's still beta software and things continue to get refinements. Same goes for what degree nose up it is at [random situation], but in this case, your loadout will affect it as well (see FDX's exacting procedures for loading aircraft such that the cruise CG is just so). The climb rate will follow that same concept. Not sure what the 340 kts comment is about. The descent rate will vary based on various factors. You can't realistically determine how real an FDE is based on a picture.

• Upvote 3

Kyle Rodgers

Brother Kyle speaketh well...all pay due homage...

spacer.png

if that is all you care about, they pretty much had nailed systems in V2 fsx i think ., you should just enjoy that product :/

PMDG probably has the record for least hotfixes among complex aircraft makers, 2-3 in 3 years ,so ya i think they are pretty good at that front.

kind regards,

jaffer

As a real-life "heavy" pilot, I don't even think we paid attention to any of those things! 

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity