Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

New Forum Layout

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Wondering how members feel about the new P3D forum layout compared to the previous one?

Email wise....I sent this to the bigs...

Well it looks pretty at first glance, but trying to fit the entire message into one page causes the text to be unreasonably small for these old fart eyes, and I submit that most of the members of Avsim are in the same age group and therefore in the same boat.

Go back to the original email Design.

Thanks,and have a wonderful day!

Chas
(iPD)

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Eg : a topic has 35 pages and I am reading page 34. Someone writes that there is something important on page 19. On my Iphone I have to press Previous 15 times now...

Where is a goto Page X button ?

Edit : found it ! Just click on the word Page X of X...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

My overall opinion is that this new format lacks visual clarity when compared to the old one. Too many forums are starting to use this format, and it makes them feel sterile and difficult to navigate.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, KenG said:

Very, very slow. Hope it speeds up over time. 

Nope that is the intention. To save on data usage costs.

As the speed slows and slows it eventually begins to move backwards forcing the time around the users to also move backwards.

You'll notice that there will be topics relating to previous simulators becoming more prominent. Forum users will actually begin to be nice to each other again. Your grey hair will turn back to it's original color.

The aim is to minimize data usage during the day as in a few weeks time we will all be out of retirement and back in school and then too busy with homework to be able to go on. At this point the forum speed will return to normal.

• Upvote 4

I would love to know how I go to my 1st unread post in a thread instead always of starting at the very 1st post.

Am i missing something or is this a feature that is still on the list to be reinstated.

There are a lot of things I like about the new forum and I'm confident over time the sysadmins will get it to a level that we are happy with. Thanks for your efforts guys!

1 hour ago, GrayP said:

Nope that is the intention. To save on data usage costs.

As the speed slows and slows it eventually begins to move backwards forcing the time around the users to also move backwards.

You'll notice that there will be topics relating to previous simulators becoming more prominent. Forum users will actually begin to be nice to each other again. Your grey hair will turn back to it's original color.

The aim is to minimize data usage during the day as in a few weeks time we will all be out of retirement and back in school and then too busy with homework to be able to go on. At this point the forum speed will return to normal.

I am amazed at the power of this new forum software if it can reverse time :-)

Just tried to post in the Live Traffic thread, but quick reply shows a former post of mine for Edit instead of an empty window...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Any way to adjust colors.  The white background is too white for my taste.  Would like to tone it down. I can barely see the shading of white/gray between different threads.  Would love to change the background color to a darker shade but I see no options for this.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I simply cannot tolerate to read the site now for more than 20 mins at a time now, I am finding the colour scheme really hard on these old eyes.

Hopefully things will get better in time.

Header/banner image takes up way too much real estate, and I sorely miss the "recent posts" box on the left, which highlighted threads I have participated in.

Otherwise It's fine with me.

Again, I know the banner image is cool to look at, but it hinders functionality. We are here to research and communicate. The banner is just in the way. Eye candy not necessary, but I understand it seems important when upgrading your website.

Cheers.

Aaron

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, CrownCityMisfits said:

Header/banner image takes up way too much real estate, and I sorely miss the "recent posts" box on the left, which highlighted threads I have participated in.

Otherwise It's fine with me.

Again, I know the banner image is cool to look at, but it hinders functionality. We are here to research and communicate. The banner is just in the way. Eye candy not necessary, but I understand it seems important when upgrading your website.

Cheers.

Aaron

Just had a friend of mine who is a webmaster for a huge major  company look at it, and she just shook her head, and laughed. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just had a friend of mine who is a webmaster for a huge major  company look at it, and she just shook her head, and laughed. 

You so positive Bob. LOL. Please give the guys a chance.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

3 hours ago, reecemj said:

You so positive Bob. LOL. Please give the guys a chance.

you  cant  please  every one  there  always  be  the few  who  will whinge  and whine  at new things lol

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Luckily web design is not my day job, but I know enough to get me in trouble. ;) 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Chase Kreznor said:

Luckily web design is not my day job, but I know enough to get me in trouble. ;) 

I've been there, too. 

Well, the good news is that the header image is gone, I can see all the great topics again, AND the site loads 5X faster.

:biggrin: