Harvgordon

Preciption Windshield Effect lua script found in P3D V4 folder.

Hi there,

This is not my discovery, I saw the news on the Facebook and I posted here to share with you.

http://i.imgur.com/lxiHAjz.png

http://i.imgur.com/QWvaFQT.png

If you open up the Script folder under the P3D V4 directory. This is a default folder, you will find there is a .lua script file called "PrecipWindshieldEffect.lua"

Open this file with Notepad or Notepad++. You can see how it was coded with a detailed description of its usage. Of course, you can understand the description if you can read English.

Clearly, LM does have the plan to implement this rain and snow windshield effect into the sim, maybe we are able to see this effect in the next update. Many people may be interested in this effect so I shared this news to the forum.

Cheers,

Gordon

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you try putting it next to Fsuipc v5 ?  Then add it in the fsuipc.ini file. It then might work right away..

The script works, ( played with it over the weekend) but is something that needs to be implemented by aircraft developers. 

2 minutes ago, Dave CBFS said:

The script works, ( played with it over the weekend) but is something that needs to be implemented by aircraft developers. 

Yes. I just flew the Flysimware Mitsubishi during a rain shower and there was rain on windscreen effect. Nice looking too. Not over done.

5 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Yes. I just flew the Flysimware Mitsubishi during a rain shower and there was rain on windscreen effect. Nice looking too. Not over done.

Got pics? 

How do you get this to work, already?

Thanks

32 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

Pics please. 

Interesting... how's the FPS hit? The usual argument against precipitation effects are that the whole thing would turn into a slide-show... 

1 hour ago, RichieFly said:

Umm, doesn't that plane have windscreen rain effects built in?

Following...

gb.

Also following this, cough PMDG cough ;)

It's have to be implemented by the aircraft dev, or at least you'd have to somehow map the effect to the windshield. No idea how :)

1 hour ago, rdtv91 said:

Also following this, cough PMDG cough ;)

precipitFX too

It should be available for the QotS II yeah.

4 hours ago, RancidViper said:

Umm, doesn't that plane have windscreen rain effects built in?

Yes

• Upvote 1