Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[12JUL17] First Ever Triple Product Line Update at PMDG...

12 hours ago, Manny said:

:)

Thanks.

Not being crtical or anything...but it does defeat the purpose of the "mirco update" concept  and we are going through cognitive dissonance.. is  all!

:LOL :)

It could stop people asking this Q again if on the first post it says.. "Yes, all three 777, 747 and the 737 need to be uninstalled and reinstalled if you own all three of them EVEN if you did it last weekend"/ 

its  said  in the  first post of  this  thread  that you needed  to  uninstall  again,  doesn't  matter  what you had  done  previously

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

4 hours ago, edpatino said:

I'm sick of uninstalling and installing back those things, under the expectation that it will be micro-updates in the future. I'd rather wait to see if this time is gonna be the last one, or if it will continue...

Ed

hopefully  it  will be  the last  time  and  the  rest  will be  done  via  the  oc, but  doing  all  3   aircraft didn't  take  me  long   just  under  a hour 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

This is so worth accidentally installing the Bing Bar.

• Upvote 1

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Hi All,

No problems here, less than an hour,  [all three] and I am already on my second flight with the NGX-900.  [Bos-Sea]    Running like a Swiss watch.  Sipping a little red.

Thank you all  PMDG staff.

Jerry Friz,   near Ksea

6 minutes ago, jfriz said:

Sipping a little red

The virtual FAA will be visiting you on landing :biggrin:

• Upvote 3

David Porrett

Hello Everyone,  I carried out the procedure for the updated 737NGX800900 but it has left me with a problem which I don't have the ability to fix short of doing a reinstall of all my liveries.  On start of flight sim and selecting all PMDG aircraft  the default 600,700,800,900 aircraft are displayed but no liveries. When an aircraft selected has initialised and opening FMC PMDG Setup all the liveries are present within each aircraft but the question is, can some kind person help me out with a method of resolving the problem with the default aircraft  still in the PMDG livery at startup all in their previously installed liveries. I hope you understand my explanation of the problem.  Kind Regards.  Richard Welsh

Well...That escalated quickly.

As one of the guys who got the updater off the ground as a concept, I'm extremely proud of the functionality that it offers, and the improvements that we've made to it (thanks, in large part, to feedback we see here). All the same, there are certain points where we need to ask that you all download a full installer. Given that we have the capability to use either avenue, it shouldn't be too much of a logical jump to assume that, when we ask you to do the full installer - uninstall - reinstall procedure, there's a reason behind that.

In this case, our installers have received some pretty extensive changes that make your installs more bulletproof and error resistant. A solid base install, of course, yields more success for the Updater. As RSR mentioned in the latest pinned thread, we're really trying to set a clean baseline to work from.

We get that it's frustrating. I'd love to use the updater to get some of these updates out to you. Given the nature of the type of update, that's not realistically something that we can do, which is why we asked you to go through grabbing the full installer again. We would not have asked you to do so otherwise. We, of course, appreciate your understanding, and hope that you can see that we're doing so for all of your best interests, and for the benefit of supporting all of you.

4 minutes ago, richard welsh said:

Hello Everyone,  I carried out the procedure for the updated 737NGX800900 but it has left me with a problem which I don't have the ability to fix short of doing a reinstall of all my liveries.  On start of flight sim and selecting all PMDG aircraft  the default 600,700,800,900 aircraft are displayed but no liveries. When an aircraft selected has initialised and opening FMC PMDG Setup all the liveries are present within each aircraft but the question is, can some kind person help me out with a method of resolving the problem with the default aircraft  still in the PMDG livery at startup all in their previously installed liveries. I hope you understand my explanation of the problem.  Kind Regards.  Richard Welsh

This is usually the result of not having the "Show All Variants" box checked on the aircraft selection screen. That, or I might be mis-reading your post, and you simply need to open the OC and tell it to "repair" your liveries when it prompts you.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle,  Thanks for your quick reply, the show all variants was checked and went to the OC and liveries repaired.  You saved me a lot of hassle. Richard Welsh

Cheers guys, the NGX is working perfectly in v4. Worth waiting for.

Also, I lose points for forgetting to untick the box that installs that damn Bing search thing.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

9 hours ago, pete_auau said:

hopefully  it  will be  the last  time  and  the  rest  will be  done  via  the  oc, but  doing  all  3   aircraft didn't  take  me  long   just  under  a hour 

Well, not really!. PMDG is announcing today that maybe one to four more re-installations to get "a full sweep". That would probably mean another four hours!. I'll pass. In a month, or month and a half or so I'll revisit this and at that time decide another re-install process or not. Happy flying other aircraft for now.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

21 minutes ago, edpatino said:

Well, not really!. PMDG is announcing today that maybe one to four more re-installations to get "a full sweep". That would probably mean another four hours!. I'll pass. In a month, or month and a half or so I'll revisit this and at that time decide another re-install process or not. Happy flying other aircraft for now.

Cheers, Ed

On the other hand, it is likely that the new installers are fixing problems you don't have.  Continue to use the product and when the mood strikes you or you have a problem then do a full update.  Four hours, really?  The installers are about 800 MB to 1 GB, four hours is only 8.7 kb/s. Wow.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

8 hours ago, DavidP said:

The virtual FAA will be visiting you on landing :biggrin:

... for a 'tea and no biscuits' meeting :biggrin:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

20 minutes ago, downscc said:

On the other hand, it is likely that the new installers are fixing problems you don't have.  Continue to use the product and when the mood strikes you or you have a problem then do a full update.  Four hours, really?  The installers are about 800 MB to 1 GB, four hours is only 8.7 kb/s. Wow.

It seems you're not considering in your numbers the time that you'll expend to do the uninstall/installs and the restoring of the existing liveries, which counts the most, not only the downloads.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

49 minutes ago, edpatino said:

It seems you're not considering in your numbers the time that you'll expend to do the uninstall/installs and the restoring of the existing liveries, which counts the most, not only the downloads.

Cheers, Ed

lol you just reminded me. I have an average of 260 liveries per aircraft type

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

55 minutes ago, captainsazzman said:

lol you just reminded me. I have an average of 260 liveries per aircraft type

You've won!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed