Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

unhappy with flysimware products and no support

Recently purchased the Learjet 35A. It crashed my system and the textures are cartoonish. I contacted them and heres their snide reply.                              "Dear Customer,

I assure you our product has no effect on the Sims. Please reinstall you sim and then try our product before claiming our product has caused an issue.
Our product only adds files to the sim and will not effect how the sim works. Only if you select our aircraft and then you have issues that would be another type of issue.

Do you need advice because software is non refundable due to you own a reg key. And like i said our product is very highly recommended by many customers.

Let me know how i can help and please just post your question as this long thread is not helping me understand why you messaged today."

....Software is non refundable because you have a reg key??????????????  well,  gee that key will be useful for??

Fellow simmers be wary of flysimware products lest you enjoy grief.

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

I have had the exact opposite experience.

That plane is great.  The interior of the VC is not as high quality as some payware addons but it is entirely as advertised in their screenshots and certainly looks great. Further their planes perform excellent and are not frames hogs.

I have never had a crash associated with their planes. So perhaps you should look elsewhere to possible conflicts.

• Upvote 3

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have had great support from Flysimware and love their Learjet 35 and MU-2, never had any issues with either plane, sorry you're having problems with the Learjet, it's a great plane!

Cheers

Martin

• Upvote 1

I watched the youtube salespitch by the knowledgable pilot Joe seemingly a coinvestor. I bet with his consulting it has good flight dynamics. After spending my $40+ USD I'll never know as I already had to reinstall FSX and all my WORKING add ons to repair the damage from this offering.. As a business owner I stand behind my products and service. I make every reasonable attempt to satisfy my customers and earn their repeat business. I cant say the same for the lowly flysimware. They got my $40 and phooey on me ..

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

You're wrong. I have Flysimware products and I have zero issues. 

Dwight Heyer

I would guess the crash is coincidental. Maybe a failing component (hard drive) or something else.

It is extremely unlikely, if not impossible, with this product, to cause a corrupt file situation by itself.

I understand you're feeling let down. I'd like to suggest that you ask for some help here; steps to troubleshoot the problem and so on. I'd be glad to help and I would bet others here feel the same way.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Mikebxb,

My personal opinion, and I stress personal, opinion is that they actually made two attempts to pacify you or to resolve your problem. 1. "Do you need advice" and 2. "let me know how I can help'

I do NOT own any of their products and at this stage, none of their products actually appeal to me personally.  I have no idea what their problems are or how they go about sorting them out, but I think you have to give them some latitude. Particularly given the grammar they have used, I understood that they were vaguely confused about what you wanted.

I do not believe that attacking or denigrating a supplier, developer or anybody, for that matter, is condusive to achinving a satisfactory result. Please accept that I am not making an accusation or putting you down, at this time...I am simply pointing out a statement of fact. I would think another email or some form of communication is in order and I genuinely hope you can resolve this matter satisfactorily.  

I appreciate fully how frustrating it can be dealing with what appears to be a brick wall and there is certainly an art to getting around the problem to achieve what YOU want.

Good luck

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Also Zero issues and it is a great addon. One of thebest GA on market. I think you messed up your install due something else.

regards

Michael Franz

I have only their Cessna 402, but I have not had any problems with my computer crashing and the few times I reported bugs, they ended up being fixed in the next version of the software.  I have found Flysimware to be very responsive.  As to the textures, if you want absolutely stunning textures, buy Carenado or Alabeo.  No one has claimed that Flysimware has the best textures, but Flysimware's aircraft do have very good flight models and the systems modeling is done as well as can be done within the confines of FSX.

• Upvote 2

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I'm a little puzzled at your surprise at what you allege to be "cartoonish" graphics. Surely you looked at their website and YouTube etc prior to purchase? If not then that is not good pre-purchase research on your behalf in my view.

I have owned the Flysimware Mu2 for some time and while it admittedly isn't the last word in graphical excellence, it's one of the most rewarding, in depth and engrossing add ons I've ever flown.

And in terms of the developer's commitment to improvement, they have issued several versions of the plane to refine things and set up compatibility with the various iterations of P3D, for example.

Although I bought it very competitively in a sale, I would have happily paid full price for the excellent customer experience I am still enjoying.

And my opinion of their response to you is that it is professional and offering to assist you with your issues. 

• Upvote 2

mikebxb,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had to reinstall FSX -- a very frustrating and time consuming process, I'm sure.  The L35A (and the MU-2, among others) are mature products.  I think you can understand that if the L35A was causing customers to have to reinstall their sims, it would have been well documented here long ago.  I have personally found Flysimware to be responsive, and I think the vast majority would agree that Flysimware support has been good, especially for such a small company (essentially a one man operation). The L35A and the MU2 have been updated a number of times at no cost to the customer. Yes, the L35A texturing is not up to the PMDG standards (I have the PMDG 737NGX) as Flysimware will readily admit, but it is certainly decent in my opinion and improves with each new a/c offering.  Flysimware strives for good system depth, and personally that is more important to me than the texturing as long as the texturing does not detract from the flying experience. I know a number of RW pilots, myself included, that find the L35 (and MU2) very satisfying and enjoyable to fly.  I do realize, however, that what one finds most important is personal to the user.  I think if you take time to read through a number of the L35, MU2 and other threads here, you will get some overall perspective on Flysimware products.

Certainly all is not perfect; there is always room for improvement.  For example, currently there are still some issues with the L35 and MU2 regarding compatibility with P3Dver4. These issues are being worked on but for a number of reasons it will likely take some time for all to be ironed out. P3Dver4 is a new sim, and the current Flysimware products were not developed with P3Dver 4 in mind.

You will find the folks on this forum are friendly, supportive, and willing to help to the extent possible.

Regards,

Al

It's a good product and no problems, the op must have some other issues.

• Upvote 1

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I also want to second the opinion of most here.

I'm sorry you are having problems, it's hard to tell what the exact reason is, but just blaming a publisher seems unnecessary. I don't think recommending to reinstall the sim is the correct way to handle it. I can only imagine that they have never had any such problem before.

However, Flysimware has been extremely engaged in making their product better. Although the aircraft was already out for quite a while, they still update both the hydraulic systems and sound and extended the functionality with their recent patches. I've never had any issues with them and was very pleasantly surprised at how well they receive feedback and actually improve their product after release.

I agree the graphics are something to get used to, but as others have stated, it's not like they try to hide it. So I also wanted to enter my vote, that flysimware is a publisher very worthy of consideration for future purchases!

• Upvote 1

David

FSX User / Into Addons with deeper Systems Modeling / Love planes and airports and ATC

pf3-supporter.gif

I have three products MU2B, C441 and Lear35 all with GTN, are excellent aircraft although their textures are not as pretty as Carenado. I have never had problems with them in the simulator and they do not consume as many FPS as others.

The simulation experience is very good in all three products and I am waiting for the new Falcon 50.

Regards

To toss into the ring my two cents worth--I too have had a very good overall experience with Flysimware and their sim addons. I have the MU 2B, the C441 & the Lear 35; have enjoyed these three aircraft in both FSX Gold Edition and currently in P3D v 3.4 with no problems and especially no sim CTDs. For me, what these aircraft lack in interior & cockpit texture quality, they excel in modeling and flight dynamics and the vendor's willingness to provide us improved versions. I have no regrets and am sorry that you have not been able to enjoy the same kind of flight experience with the Lear 35 as the majority of us have.

Raymie

• Upvote 1