sfgiants13

FlyTampa Working on ATL

Recommended Posts

I'm not sure who's been following FT lately but LAS has been on their map for a bit.  After Haneda was pulled due to another developer working on it, ATL became the latest pin on their map.  As a Delta guy myself, this would be awesome!  Imaginesim ATL wasn't too bad and I had ok performance but getting FT type performance at ATL would be amazing and a first day buy for me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

This are real good news. Long waiting for ATL. I've tried the ImagineSim version several times but was never happy with it.

Share this post


Link to post

For the love of God why do these developers rehash the same airports..there atlanta 2016 for God's sake.  I know it's all about money.   Mo more big airports please that already have been done 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

KATL is my home airport, so I'm thrilled with this news.  These guys do amazing work.

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, tooting said:

For the love of God why do these developers rehash the same airports..there atlanta 2016 for God's sake.  I know it's all about money.   Mo more big airports please that already have been done 

I have to tend to agree. There are plenty of secondary airports that could use some love. My home airport of MKE is in desperate need of being done by someone. I have literally thought of changing careers and trying to become a scenery developer just to do it myself lol. I mean tropical sim did OMA and I don't see how that is any more or less popular than MKE

 

Back on topic, it will be nice to have the good performance from FT on ATL. While Imaginesim has come a long way visually IMO, they still tend to be a performance hog

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I believe it is about time we finally have a 5 star developer producing a much needed KATL. 

Hat's off to FlyTampa for deciding to create KATL.  It would not hurt my feelings at all if they elected to do KDTW, either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, beechcaptain said:

Well, I believe it is about time we finally have a 5 star developer producing a much needed KATL. 

Hat's off to FlyTampa for deciding to create KATL.  It would not hurt my feelings at all if they elected to do KDTW, either. 

Sunskyjet is working on what looks to be an awesome DTW.  It'll be freeware (well donationware as they put it) to boot.  It's been in progress for quite some time but hopefully will be released in the near future.  This year has certainly been good and I'm hoping that continues with long awaited projects such as DTW, Aerosoft CRJ/A330, etc.  

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Sunskyjet is working on what looks to be an awesome DTW.  It'll be freeware (well donationware as they put it) to boot.  It's been in progress for quite some time but hopefully will be released in the near future.  This year has certainly been good and I'm hoping that continues with long awaited projects such as DTW, Aerosoft CRJ/A330, etc.  

Last week they released night lighting previews. I can't wait for this one.

Share this post


Link to post

in one week alone.

 

dd did JFK  already done

flytampa ATL  already done

Orbx Bilbao already done

all we need now is aerosoft barcelona and fsdreamteam Manchester then we have loads of copies of the same airport... oh wait a sec.,,,

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Everything about KATL is boring to me. The airport itself is the most mundane, boring design imaginable. The area is boring. It's really heavy on FPS.

I much more enjoy mid-size airports in interesting places that will also run smoothly (which I'll give Orbx credit for doing a lot of).

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post

A better Delta hub would be KDTW.. they still fly B744s out of there and if I had an airport to look at I'd love to fly some of those old NWA routes.

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, downscc said:

A better Delta hub would be KDTW.. they still fly B744s out of there and if I had an airport to look at I'd love to fly some of those old NWA routes.

DTW almost done, scroll through latest pics: https://m.facebook.com/sunskyjet

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Everything about KATL is boring to me. The airport itself is the most mundane, boring design imaginable. The area is boring. It's really heavy on FPS.

I much more enjoy mid-size airports in interesting places that will also run smoothly (which I'll give Orbx credit for doing a lot of).

I grew up near the Atlanta airport and could watch planes take-off when I was a kid. Before 911 I use to go and hang out at the  different concourses and watch the planes. Even now when I visit the area I go spotting from time to time. The Delta museum is nice and they now have a 747-400 on display. The area is not boring. Have you even spent there is real life? And I don't mean passing through catching a connection or virtually? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now