Sign in to follow this  
AccusedChip

This is the best year for flightsimming Ever!

Also thank you to Multi Crew Experience, who continue to work at enhancing their product, adding new aircraft to their fully supported list, for no extra charge. Plus a one to one e-mail support, with the programmer, that's second to none! 

MCE supports all native aircraft across all platforms, fs9, FSX, P3d and X Plane. Ensuring that I never get lonely in the flight deck!

3 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

Guys guys guys, 

Thank you my significant other for letting me spend thousands in this hobby!:biggrin:

Or intentionally not noticing when I spend thousands. 

• Upvote 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

We truly are blessed and as stated above enjoying what is turning out to be the best year ever. Thanx to all who have contributed to this amazing hobby. I can't get enough of P3DV4, my wife is starting to get frustrated with my endless hours in front of my PC. Gonna have to buy her something nice me thinks. 

Once the 330,  fsl and qw787 is out yes I'd call it "best ever" until then it's been a "very good year" although saying that my last 2 sectors Down to corfu in full 4K with no Oom is a complete game changer 

14ppkc-6.png

On 9/21/2017 at 1:45 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

I have to agree, and it's about to get a whole lot better!

REX SKY FORCE

Later this year REX will [likely] release Sky Force, which promises to revolutionize the environment in which we operate inside of FSX and P3D.  If one isn't familiar with Sky Force, then head on over to the REX Website and check out the video - though I'll tell you now that the product has been improved even further since the videos were released.  REX also performed an graphics and installer update to bring Texture Direct and Soft Clouds Enhanced for P3DV4 and are in the process of updating other products.

Can this work in conjunction with active sky or is it a replacement? 

Just now, 787WannabePilot said:

Best to ask the REX folks my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, 787WannabePilot said:

I certainly hope that's the case instead of forcing the use of their own weather engine.  What surprises me after all this time is that no-one has any idea what the product actually is.

13 minutes ago, ErichB said:

I certainly hope that's the case instead of forcing the use of their own weather engine.  What surprises me after all this time is that no-one has any idea what the product actually is.

What surprises me is that folks expect still expect a good weather engine from REX.

If they could do it they would have managed to produce one by now. how many tries have they had over the years ?

40 minutes ago, Glynn said:

What surprises me is that folks expect still expect a good weather engine from REX.

If they could do it they would have managed to produce one by now. how many tries have they had over the years ?

While I agree with you that past weather engines had serious and unresolved problems, each of the other products were of the very highest caliber and their customer support is at the top.  I think one would be doing a huge disservice to oneself not to at least look at a one of their new product, especially once that has been in the works for several years.  But each to his own.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, DaveCT2003 said:

While I agree with you that past weather engines had serious and unresolved problems, each of the other products were of the very highest caliber and their customer support is at the top.  

There is no disagreement there Dave.  Textures is what they do best

3 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

While I agree with you that past weather engines had serious and unresolved problems, each of the other products were of the very highest caliber and their customer support is at the top.  I think one would be doing a huge disservice to oneself not to at least look at a one of their new product, especially once that has been in the works for several years.  But each to his own.

I do plan on giving them the benefit of the doubt, but I have been an Active Sky user for years and it will take a lot for me to go away from them.

Can't imagine anything being better than AS 16. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well weather engines is an interesting topic. 

I remember when the only weather engine to use was REX, then most people went over to OPUS, then most went over to active skys. 

We all want the best. 

So I for sure will look at sky force and if it's like what we have seen and the WX engine works with PMDG/FSL etc then if it becomes the new standard then most will move over to that. So it will go on.....

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip