WR269

FlyTampa to X-Plane???

Interesting post in their Facebook page....the title is "pigs may fly....

Edited by WR269
  • Like 1

Your post isn't showing up- here's a screencap. 

9rM1guX.png

This is huge news!! First UK2000, then Orbx, now FT. Someone needs to tell Flightbeam to jump aboard the train: I've been having serious KIAD withdrawals since I switched to XP. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yay. Finally top-tier developers are answering to the growing popularity of the XP platform. Keep them coming!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Great news, yet another developer coming over to X-Plane. 

<joke> Tell them all to go away, I want this untouched market to myself </joke> :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

Great news, yet another developer coming over to X-Plane. 

<joke> Tell them all to go away, I want this untouched market to myself </joke> :biggrin:

That was funny!  Everybody now wants some of the pie....

On a serious note, Tony....XP11 might soon, come in as the winner of the Triple Crown....just might...the way it renders, working Ortho...yep. I have never had better mean average FPS, with it fully cranked, as I am now getting. I don't use, or have any VR gear...but we non-VR'ers are certainly benefiting from the code tweaks.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

That would be great news.the more top end developers the better. For the last few weeks I was using xplane for my quick flight fix due to time constraints 30mins flights "no plan no rules sort of flying" Had time to do a full flight this weekend in P3D and it just felt heavy slow and dated. Starting to lean a little more to xplane every month.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

That would be great news.the more top end developers the better. For the last few weeks I was using xplane for my quick flight fix due to time constraints 30mins flights "no plan no rules sort of flying" Had time to do a full flight this weekend in P3D and it just felt heavy slow and dated. Starting to lean a little more to xplane every month.

That is very much my own experience. I still use P3D due to high quality add-ons that I have, but it is REALLY hard coming back to it from XP11 or DCS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, simbio said:

IMHO Maybe it's because aircraft are getting better, and that drives the market !!!

Maybe, although my personal theory is that it's because XP11 is the first version with a user interface that looks approachable to FSX/P3D users, instead of something coded in a bedroom by a Unix hacker. 
:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Maybe, although my personal theory is that it's because XP11 is the first version with a user interface that looks approachable to FSX/P3D users, instead of something coded in a bedroom by a Unix hacker. 

Defiantly has  a lot to do with it I believe way better easy fast interface.

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

It certainly is a big factor in why I chose XP11 over P3D, as my post FSX simulator.  I would have never considered XP10.

Edited by airernie

Thanks to FF A320 I am currently downloading X Plane 11. I never thought I'd be saying or typing this but the wait for the Aerosofts A319 has been brutal. After trying the demo I was surprised to see my 6600 K chucking along. Ready for a change and that night lighting, wooowww!!!!

Edited by sbague1

I am also very happy. I hope they release their beautiful Copenhagen scenery

9 hours ago, sbague1 said:

Thanks to FF A320 I am currently downloading X Plane 11. I never thought I'd be saying or typing this but the wait for the Aerosofts A319 has been brutal. After trying the demo I was surprised to see my 6600 K chucking along. Ready for a change and that night lighting, wooowww!!!!

The night lighting is amazing, but unfortunately it's let down by the low draw distance of the 3D lights. They've just implimented a fix using 2D textures but it just doesn't do it for me... There are several world2xp sceneries that get around the limitation with only a moderate FPS hit. Try them out, once you see those amazing lights stretching out to the horizon your jaw will drop. 

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/39850-california_hdrar/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/40658-east_coast_hdrar/&tab=comments#comment-227102

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/32447-massachusetts-pro-vfr-scenery/

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/34232-gb-pro-v2-detailed-vfr-scenery-for-great-britain/