Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Ultimate 787 - V1.1.1 Released

16 hours ago, SpiritFlyer said:

LOL ! 

There are one or two things I am willing to live and die for ☝️ but a perfect QW 787 isn't one of them!

Hopefully P3Dv4.3 will be better, faster and fly higher right out of the gate without harmful side effects to my new favorite airliner.. 👌

Who knows, 3rd time around in 64 bit P3D might strike it lucky!  👍

Kind regards,

Stephen

😁 Agreed.

My only concern is that Qualitywingers are now distracted by the BAe 146 development as far as I know. I am therefore obliged now to start a petition to boycott the BAe 146 until 787 will be properly patched, then QWingers will be legally free to keep on tweaking their 146 🙂

Petition name -> 787 Comes First 

Jokes apart, let's hope LNAV and VNAV incosistencies will be properly addressed sooner rather later, the Dreamliner is a blockbuster and it deserves proper attention

I believe my TO/GA button mapping 'issue' was user inflicted. I've installed P3D V1.1.1 and find that if I enable the A/T switches and press the AT button, I can engage the TO/GA throttle function with my mapped HOTAS button.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I really like the Jump To feature in the QW 787.  Click on Info_Jump To and you have a listing of all of your waypoints in the flight plan.  Click on one and the sim reloads to that waypoint at the altitude you had set and it also manages the weights and fuel for that particular waypoint.  You can even take off and immediately go to the waypoint just before descending.  This is much better than using the acceleration feature in P3D.  It would be nice if this kind of feature was available in all commercial addons, like PMDG.  Today I did a flight from KSEA to Moscow (UUEE) (over 4600 NM) and jumped to several waypoints without any problems.  I did not use the feature after taking off of KSEA as I enjoyed the outstanding scenery from Orbx PNW.  After leaving Washington State, lots of clouds so just "jumped over them".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

8 hours ago, odourboy said:

I believe my TO/GA button mapping 'issue' was user inflicted. I've installed P3D V1.1.1 and find that if I enable the A/T switches and press the AT button, I can engage the TO/GA throttle function with my mapped HOTAS button.

toga should engage without the need to press the at button.  in fact, pressing the toga button the throttles should engage the at button.  this still needs to be fixed.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I really like the Jump To feature in the QW 787.  Click on Info_Jump To and you have a listing of all of your waypoints in the flight plan.  Click on one and the sim reloads to that waypoint at the altitude you had set and it also manages the weights and fuel for that particular waypoint.  You can even take off and immediately go to the waypoint just before descending.  This is much better than using the acceleration feature in P3D.  It would be nice if this kind of feature was available in all commercial addons, like PMDG.  Today I did a flight from KSEA to Moscow (UUEE) (over 4600 NM) and jumped to several waypoints without any problems.  I did not use the feature after taking off of KSEA as I enjoyed the outstanding scenery from Orbx PNW.  After leaving Washington State, lots of clouds so just "jumped over them".

Same here! For those of us with limited time this feature is fantastic and beats the increased sim rate “solution”. I really hope this feature will be integrated into other aircraft. 

• Like 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

I got another crash on approach today with 1.1.1. Not using the weather radar. I was changing the barometer when it happened.

6 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Agreed; I find it great on long-haul flights for those who dont have the time.  So far getting around the globe nicely.  Very good add-on with no CTD's works well and no issues at all so far.  They have done a great job.

Simon

• Like 1

Simon

Can someone tell me if there are any keyboard buttons assigned to the 787 for its VC.

.i'm trying to setup fscaptain and i'm having a problem with conflicts.

could be something else ,just want to eliminate the 787 first.

thanks for any help

steve

13 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Just wondering if there is any workaround or similar function in P3Dv4 for other planes. I guess it should be. Good old FSNav for FS2004 would have allowed to "jump" between coordinates.

I have left all of the windows heaters OFF on purpose and after 1.5 flying hour at above FL350 nothing happens to my 787 windshields. Version 1.1.1.

Isn't TrueGlass supposed to kick in with fog / ice /effects ?  Nothing happens and yes, my graphic settings are on top notch.

Thanks

Edited by Mario Rastelli

Ok, this "jump to" feature I was not aware of and this instantly makes this addon again attractive to me, as I stopped doing flights longer than 3h after switching to P3D (as this time acceleration thingy does not really work with nowadays addons). So one question somebody here might be capable answering: does this "jum to" feature work with ATC addons such as Pro/ATC-X? Or does it corrupt such addons?

My guess: if I am anyway going to use the "jump to" feature, I can basically manage a flightplan without any waypoint inbetween the two points I want to jump, no? Means: I program a proper SID and waypoints until TOC, maybe another one, then proper TOD, the STAR (if already available) and finally, I basically jump from TOC to TOD, no? I wonder what the weather addon does in such a case...

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Folks,

Does the add-one work with 4.2 only OR 4.1 is ok as well?

7 minutes ago, BBoyJD10 said:

4.2 is best!!!

It wasn't a question whether 4.2 is the best or not

A question about the Jump-To feature: how does it play with default ATC? Or rather, if i were to use default ATC and jump ahead, will ATC also continue where it ought to be, or will the flight plan be cancelled, requiring to reload the flight plan into P3Dv4 and starting all over with requesting IFR clearance etc etc?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case