Jump to content

ZKOKQ

Electronic Flight Bag v2 Released

Recommended Posts

Go get it

Edit: Found an issue with the airac which come with it. Databas builder finds errors and I copied the 1807 over from EFBv1. That fixes that. But issues with demo Lic not taking hold. Have to inset name and e mail adrees on each run. I am sure the devs will look into this.

Edited by ZKOKQ

Share this post


Link to post

As a user who loves version 1.x I've looked over the manual for 2.0 and I'm probably going to stay with v1.x. It's probably just me but the simplicity is no longer there in 2.0 from what I can make out in the documentations. Granted the new version has some nice new features and interface but what was lacking in v1.x was maybe a weather overlay and updated Vatsim ARTCC boundaries. I hope someone put together a video or maybe I'll try out the demo but I'm not itching to move over yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Wise87 said:

It's probably just me but the simplicity is no longer there in 2.0 from what I can make out in the documentations.

 

Simply try the demo.

EFB v2 is much more simpler as once you have set up a flight plan (which could be also imported (from e.g. PFPX) you don't have to care any more about. All datas you need at a certain stage are shown.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Starting my first flight with efb v2 now, but from what i can say now it`s realy a evolution to v1. 

great work

Edited by 331BK
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, 331BK said:

Starting my first flight with efb v2 now, but from what i can say now it`s realy a evolution to v1. 

great work

How so? I'm curious. I own v1, but I'm reluctant to purchase v2 (since it's quite a steep upgrade price, IMO). 
What makes you say it's an evolution?

Share this post


Link to post

it`s my first flight, but it already started with the user interface i like it much more over the old one 🙂 

On ground i find the "new" Airport map much better for overview in the old one i always hat to zoom arround to see the runways .... 

 

It show you the wight of the aircraft, ..... 

When i´m landed i can tell you more 🙂

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Although I haven't figured how to update the NavData to 1807 yet, I find v.2 to be very stable and with lots of helpful information. Very much worth it.

 

Bob

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

How so? I'm curious. I own v1, but I'm reluctant to purchase v2 (since it's quite a steep upgrade price, IMO). 
What makes you say it's an evolution?

Same here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

can take some time till i can give my more detailed feedback 😞  

I still have this strange problem, have a fresh p3d 4.3 install i can load the flight and have very good frames about 60 FPS with Raptor and suddently aftter 1 minute or so, frames go down to 1 or 2 FPS and only core0 of CPU is hammered with 100 % all the other cores are not used anymore by p3d 😞

Share this post


Link to post

Very nice software, a real step up from v1 ! 😁

Just one thing I haven't found, on the approach tab I don't see the minimums (DH/MDA).

Share this post


Link to post

What does this product do?  I am 95% GA flyer.  Is this for airliner people?

Share this post


Link to post

@ ryabbatcund - short answer - a lot

It has a 30 day free full function demo - try it and see

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

What does this product do?  I am 95% GA flyer.  Is this for airliner people?

Hi Ryan. It for IFR more then VFR. 

I use V1 for ALL  IFR flights (Pilotedge and offline) rather than little navmap, plan G or FSFlight Control for VFR. 

Share this post


Link to post

Totally agree with most here. EFB v2 is amazing. It feels like a whole new app to me compared to v1. The UI looks much sleeker, more modern and much cleaner. Just the entire appearance of the app is very well laid out making things much nicer to look at. I like it so much that I don't think I will go back to using real life charts again, this is looking very attractive now.

Share this post


Link to post

Doing my first flight with EFB V2.  All I can say is "Fantastic"  Going to cancel my Navigraph chart subscription. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

What does this product do?  I am 95% GA flyer.  Is this for airliner people?

I use it quite a bit for GA if flying in or out of large airports just due to the airport maps.

Share this post


Link to post

Double post

Edited by mpw8679

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Wise87 said:

As a user who loves version 1.x I've looked over the manual for 2.0 and I'm probably going to stay with v1.x. It's probably just me but the simplicity is no longer there in 2.0 from what I can make out in the documentations. Granted the new version has some nice new features and interface but what was lacking in v1.x was maybe a weather overlay and updated Vatsim ARTCC boundaries. I hope someone put together a video or maybe I'll try out the demo but I'm not itching to move over yet. 

One day you will upgrade to v2 and think to yourself dam why didn't I do this sooner.  As a long time v1 user this version is a must for any serious flight simmer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Doing my first flight with EFB V2.  All I can say is "Fantastic"  Going to cancel my Navigraph chart subscription. 

Yes but if you have the Navigraph data subscription I don’t think Charts is a lot more?

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Dean33 said:

Yes but if you have the Navigraph data subscription I don’t think Charts is a lot more?

I probably won't use the charts anymore and the Navi Charts use a total of about 9% CPU cycles, EFB uses about 1-2 % CPU.  Moving map and all the things that EFB does, makes the charts obsolete for me. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, GAJ52 said:

One day you will upgrade to v2 and think to yourself dam why didn't I do this sooner.  As a long time v1 user this version is a must for any serious flight simmer.

When I get back into town I will take a look at the Demo. 

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

When I get back into town I will take a look at the Demo. 

Do one or two flights with the demo , and I bet you will buy it. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...