Arthur42417

So many Complaints/Problems in the P3Dv4 Forum

since the 4.5 release almost every post in this forum is negative.  I haven't ugraded yet to 4.5(waiting for hotfix) but this week i re-installed Win10 and FSX SE on a new 2019 Alienware Desktop with all my $$$$$$$Payware ADDONS and FSX SE runs Fast and Smooth maxed out with over 60-100FPS..NO Blurries/NO fps issues/ NO crashes/ etc.  I'm having a great time with good old FSX SE which Dovetail did an amazing job in tweaking for modern pc's.

Will also install P3Dv4.5 after hotfix release👍

• Like 1

Guess you see what you want to see.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Happy to hear it!

Most satisfied users do not bother to post.. but for the record, I am flying P3DV4.5. and enjoying the experience :cool:

FSX (which is still installed but getting little use) disappoints me every time, mainly because of the popping autogen...

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 8

Also hard to really compare after you did an OS reinstall and a fresh sim install.   Maybe there were background programs running bringing down FPS.  Maybe it was just one rogue addon in P3D dragging the FPS.   Maybe you had the sliders too far right.  Report back in a year and i'm sure the results will not be the same.  Also sounds like you bought a new comp.  Maybe P3D would run just a smooth on new comp and OS.  

FPS is a very subjective topic since it has literally infinite variables.  

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Happy to hear it!

Most satisfied users do not bother to post.. but for the record, I am flying P3DV4.5. and enjoying the experience :cool:

FSX (which is still installed but getting little use) disappoints me every time, mainly because of the popping autogen...

Check out any flight sim forum and you find the same thing. People almost always post about problems, because they are looking for solutions. But they only occasionally post and say, "Gee I'm really enjoying this product and I'm not having any problems." That's the whole point of online support. It's to solve problems.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

And the reason you felt compelled to post this in the P3D forums is...?????

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

No problems with 4.5 with me,

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, w6kd said:

Hopefully reasoned debate on the increasing trend of releasing defective product and or updates.  Just a guess. 

In before the lock!

• Like 6

Is the glass half empty or half full?...4.5 is the best release so far.. no issues, smoother. My glass is half full

• Like 1

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

Thanks, Bob!  I was wondering that also. :blink:  This topic may have a VERY short run if it gets out of hand. ☠️

• Like 2

Well software gets more and more complex, so sometimes thing go a bit wrong once in awhile.  IDK if I would call it a trend for P3D,though; it's just a hiccup and a fix is already being tested and it's real easy to roll back the client to v4.4 for now which is what I did.

Still flying and having fun being educated, which is the whole reason for having it.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, argosafe said:

Hopefully reasoned debate on the increasing trend of releasing defective product and or updates.  Just a guess. 

• Not a very good one thought. For the majority of forums that I have ever visited, and Usenet groups for that matter - MOST posters are there seeking help or information on how to solve a problem. The rest attempt to answer the problem posed or
  • a) post a me too or
  • b) post an "it works for me"

Occasionally you'll see a few positive review posts but by comparison, they are few and far between.

Vic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

The bigger the user base, the bigger is the amount of complex questions via forums.

Some people might see it as negative posts, but most of them are really just complex questions, and the ones with real issues get addressed quite fast by Lockheed Martin engineers.

They will be at the Flight Sim expo in Orlando this year meeting developers and users during the exhibition, I will make sure to give them the positive feedback they deserve alongside with a big thank-you for their prompt support. I hope more people do the same.

Regards 

Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

I have to say my experience is really positive since i switched from FSX to V4.....Few things here and there, no fixing at all since I switched. Some add-ons are not as advertised but even that is not big of an a issue... with recent update my CPU is getting abused to 90%  average but have no stuttering, sometimes here and there, but no concerns...Overall happy.

See....no negative comments.....😊 

Edited by cyyzrwy24
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Coming here to get a problem resolved could be like talking to your mother after you forgot to call her on Mothers Day.  Big thing is to visit the vendors site FIRST especially on questions about new releases.  

That said I still like to see responses to new stuff.

I don't think that I ever banned an FS related company - what's the point?

BTW P3D4+ is a fine product.

Regards
bs

Edited by bean_sprout

7 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

since the 4.5 release almost every post in this forum is negative.  I haven't ugraded yet to 4.5(waiting for hotfix) but this week i re-installed Win10 and FSX SE on a new 2019 Alienware Desktop with all my $$$$$$$Payware ADDONS and FSX SE runs Fast and Smooth maxed out with over 60-100FPS..NO Blurries/NO fps issues/ NO crashes/ etc.  I'm having a great time with good old FSX SE which Dovetail did an amazing job in tweaking for modern pc's.

Will also install P3Dv4.5 after hotfix release👍

Cool story bro.

Developing a product on a console were the hardware specs are set is very different then developing a product that has to run on a broad spectrum of PC specs, then throw in a ton of addons that have to be compatible and not break them must be a hard task, which will likely throw up more problems which can only be addressed after they come to light, users demand more from there sim we must expect problems trying to meet that.  

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Check out any flight sim forum and you find the same thing. People almost always post about problems, because they are looking for solutions. But they only occasionally post and say, "Gee I'm really enjoying this product and I'm not having any problems." That's the whole point of online support. It's to solve problems.

Hmm, may I disagree here. In X-Plane, updates are usually met with enthusiasm.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Things will settle down.

You always see a flurry of activity after a point release when new users come online and people update.

To whomever it may concern,

Gee, I'm really enjoying P3D 4.5 and not having any problems whatsoever! :smile:

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer (Stephen)

• Like 2

You can count me in the "silent majority" of P3D 4.5 users running many long flights with absolutely zero problems.

We're busy flying, not complaining, I guess.  😉

Kind of disappointing that 4.5 broke OrbX sceneries to the point where the framerate is more than cut in half. However I've gone back to 4.4 for now and everything runs smoothly again.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harold_Finch said:

You can count me in the "silent majority" of P3D 4.5 users running many long flights with absolutely zero problems.

We're busy flying, not complaining, I guess.  😉

There's obviously a problem with 4.5 for some people, otherwise LM wouldn't have moved so fast to work on a hotfix. I initially had issues with badly diminished frame rates but found that it had to do with the way my sound devices were assigned. I'm still getting stutters at a much higher rate than I did in 4.4. Hopefully, the hotfix will take care of the issues everyone is having. Meanwhile I just went back to 4.4.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Hmm, may I disagree here. In X-Plane, updates are usually met with enthusiasm.

I visit the .org forum daily and most of the posts concern specific problems that users need help with. 

• Like 1