Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

2 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Go to around the 6 minute mark.

What about it? It's literally a random, no-name small YouTuber that has an opinion. Just saying words. It's not objective evidence, it's not facts from a credible source, it's literally just a guy with an opinion -- Like you, or me, or the guy you were talking to. Just because you throw your opinion up on YouTube, doesn't mean it has more credibility or heft. It's not something you use in a discussion.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

What about it? It's literally a random, no-name small YouTuber that has an opinion. Just saying words. It's not objective evidence, it's not facts from a credible source, it's literally just a guy with an opinion -- Like you, or me, or the guy you were talking to. Just because you throw your opinion up on YouTube, doesn't mean it has more credibility or heft. It's not something you use in a discussion.

Ok, never mind, carry on, I'll leave the thread now.

• Like 3

Mark Daniels

7 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

I didnt waste my time on the entire video but i have to confess, its fascinating how much this youtuber knows about the final product by simply watching a teaser. Either he clearly posesses  insider knowledge or he’s just assuming and knows exactly as much as all of us....i bet its the latter...

• Upvote 3

Come on fellows. As of right now there aren't a bunch of "credible facts".  This thread is just what occurred when MS Flight was released and also when DTG released, first Flight School, and then FSW.

This whole thread is the normal "I suspect this will happen", "I don't think this will", " I want this", " I don't want this". etc.....

That's the way this always works.  Give your opinions and roll with it.. Until we hear from Microsoft, everything except what has been published is strictly conjecture.

Fun isn't it?😁

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

A YouTuber has no more and no less credibility than anyone else on this thread.

5 minutes ago, Skywatcher said:

Though spending 20 minutes dissecting a 1:45 trailer containing very few details tends to make me think that the YouTuber:

a) likes the sound of their own voice;
b) is being controversial to garner clicks; or
c) both.

So I think I'll pass, thanks.

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

6 hours ago, simmerhead said:

The cancellation of ACES was never about profitability. FSX was the best selling and most profitable release of the series. It was a strategic decision at a time when Microsoft after years of dominating the software industry started to fall behind and needed to focus on its core products and development. It was all very predictable and typical MBA textbook management. This is what happens to most great companies when the creative and visionary talent loose control to business managers. 

That mentality of those managers is what plagues corporate America as a whole.

• Like 3

Great quote from the PCGamer article: Spencer warned the team: "You're going to have to put at the bottom that it's in-game, because nobody is going to believe that's in the game.
That means everything we saw was actually real footage.

Edited by Matthijs
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The more I watch that trailer and see the reactions in various corners the more convinced I am that this is totally phenomenal.

Having the platform take care of all the global scenery and cityscape detail and real 3-D buildings and keep that all updated with accurate roads, etc. etc.…

That is a complete boon actually because the third-party marketplace can hyperfocus on what they are great at, which is detailed airports and more micro level add-ons and aircraft add-ons. 

I think it’s possible we are gonna look back on this as the biggest and best transition in the space in the last 20 years. 

Edited by irrics
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

If anyone's interested and wasn't aware, you can download Windows Maps off the store and basically see all the photogrammetry we'll be flying over.

Does Windows Maps have 3d like google maps does? I mean everywhere like Google does, not just main cities?  It's ability to make even individual houses in a suburb pop in 3d is amazing.  I'd love to fly over that, I'd love to fly over my house!

Edited by nehuge6348
add

I've been simming since Flight Simulator for Windows 95. The last time I was this excited for a Flight Simulator announcement is when they announced FSX back in the day. I had just begun to enjoy FS9 at ultra settings and was having a blast, then came FSX and my computer bit the dust. Terrible slideshow. 

I hope this time around the graphics/engine is optimized for modern hardware. I'm positively optimistic that major add-on developers will be on board, otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. MS knows this too well.

• Like 3

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

3 minutes ago, nehuge6348 said:

Does Windows Maps have 3d like google maps does?  It's ability to make even individual houses in a suburb pop in 3d is amazing.  I'd love to fly over that, I'd love to fly over my house!

It does indeed, here's a screenshot from the application;

7HcbAAE.jpg

However, the photogrammetry is very sparse, only select areas have it. So that might mean FS2020 (I'm coining that name) will have to rely on autogen as well, to fill out the areas, unless they magically made the whole world in photogrammetry without updating Bing.

Edited by Sethos1988
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

19 minutes ago, F737NG said:

A YouTuber has no more and no less credibility than anyone else on this thread.

Though spending 20 minutes dissecting a 1:45 trailer containing very few details tends to make me think that the YouTuber:

a) likes the sound of their own voice;
b) is being controversial to garner clicks; or
c) both.

So I think I'll pass, thanks.

Tons of the gaming YouTubers are loud and obnoxious.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, nehuge6348 said:

Tons of the gaming YouTubers are loud and obnoxious.  

You can omit the word “gaming”

lol

• Like 2

Another video that shows why I hate youtubers and streamers. Acting like celebrities and spreading opinions as truth. Have my dislike Mr Youtuber

• Like 1

Lukas Dalton

4 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

It does indeed, here's a screenshot from the application;

However, the photogrammetry is very sparse, only select areas have it. So that might mean FS2020 (I'm coining that name) will have to rely on autogen as well, to fill out the areas, unless they magically made the whole world in photogrammetry without updating Bing.

I think not everything is available publicly on Bing. Try to look for dubai at bing, it's all flat, but you can see on the video a lot of those buildings gernerated with the photoimagery in Dubai.

The Pyramids area are also flat on bing, but on the video there are a lot of buildings.

• Upvote 1