Sign in to follow this  
SKEWR

New MS Flight Sim shown at E3

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Thinking anything critical is fetched from the cloud in real-time, making a game dependent on it, also means it becomes always online, it means now people's connection speeds and stability come into play, something that can quickly become detrimental to the experience.

That's what I think. Just look at the availability of Stadia on the release day, it will be limited to a few countries, probably because of the infrastructure.

I don't think Microsoft would want to limit a sim (a big commitment in money) to a few countries/simmers/gamers/whateveryouwanttocall.

Couple of observations ...seems the majority of aircraft are designated AS-MSG XX ... so wondering what AS means assuming MSG is Microsoft Game Studios...also if the scenery is "largely" cloud based and rendered through you host based engine, you could have four season scenery since the satellites can have the same region with captures year round.

Scott Robinson

5 minutes ago, Bandselect said:

Couple of observations ...seems the majority of aircraft are designated AS-MSG XX ... so wondering what AS means assuming MSG is Microsoft Game Studios...also if the scenery is "largely" cloud based and rendered through you host based engine, you could have four season scenery since the satellites can have the same region with captures year round.

"Powered by Satellite Data and Azure AI", perhaps it's Azure AI + Satellite Data (Yeah I know, just spitballin' here)

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 hour ago, Sethos1988 said:

If anyone's interested and wasn't aware, you can download Windows Maps off the store and basically see all the photogrammetry we'll be flying over.

I just wandered around windows maps to check the photogrammetry around Europe and many cities in italy for example (florence, naples, bolognia) have but another important ones like Genoa hasn´t. I don´t see what criteria they follow. Most of the small cities in Europe doesn´t have photogrammetry (I´m more a google earth fan, and all those cities had in GE). And cities like Paris or London don´t show photogrammetry (i´m off for work and my internet connection is really bad so...). Does anyone know if MS is updating it regularly? Also I checked the pyramids in Egypt and in Windows Maps don´t have photogrammetry but in the video you can see they are in 3D...

Anyway for me, streaming and photogrammetry in a simulator is a dream come true.

Cheers

Carlos

• Like 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Advanced Simulation would be more promising :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Advanced Simulation would be more promising :wink:

Arcade Systems 😓

• Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Alpha Series

Mono Sodium Glutimate (as in Salt of the Earth simulation)

Random Musings - makes just as much (non)sense

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

On 6/10/2019 at 1:06 AM, TechguyMaxC said:

Just throw a number out there. 

As for how this sim will run on "Joe Average's computer" I don't particularly care how well this sim runs on old or inexpensive hardware.  This is an expensive hobby and a brand new simulator is the perfect reason to upgrade one's rig.  

I've been a bit fortunate as I've been holding off upgrading waiting for the announcement of P3D V5, it seems to me to hold off upgrading for another 6/12 month with my new machine ready to run the new MSFS, obviously the longer I hold off getting my new rig, the more powerful machine I'll have for my money.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

is powered by Microsoft’s Azure cloud artificial intelligence.

My understanding, by reading the above, & thinking carefully about what I've read, is that the sim will be cloud based! 

That's certainly what they want you to think.

But if they flush some calculations for sim parameters through something set up on Azure, then plug those numbers into an ordinary desktop sim, guess what? The sim is "powered by Azure cloud AI."

People like to rag on lawyers for using technicalities to make things that say one thing appear to say another, but lawyers are rank amateurs compared to advertisers. 😉

43 minutes ago, Bandselect said:

Couple of observations ...seems the majority of aircraft are designated AS-MSG XX ... so wondering what AS means assuming MSG is Microsoft Game Studios...

There has just been an interesting non-statement by Aerosoft's Mathijs Kok:

"We have absolutely nothing to comment or say about this. Sorry."

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/145611-new-microsoft-flight-simulator-for-xbox-and-pc/

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

4 minutes ago, pmb said:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/145611-new-microsoft-flight-simulator-for-xbox-and-pc/

Kind regards, Michael

He's under NDA maybe. Otherwise I think he would just deny any involvement, like John Venema did.

Edited by ca_metal

Just a thought.... Im not sure where this community collaboration has been from MS up till now, but if we as the hobby community want to weigh in on feedback, thoughts , what we want to see, etc, then if you can, by all means sign up to the insider program.  The more people that sign up and let them know our interest, and what will make or break it, the more chance MS listens.  If there is just a very small group from the dedicated flight sim community, its kind of hard to take any feedback seriously.  IMHO

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

29 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

Thats clearly a NDA enforced statement, i dont have the slightest doubt. They have been caught red-handed! 

It all fits nicely, a couple of months ago they mentioned a new major project that "may or may not come to your sim", they pulled their main modeler from the already delayed A330 project, risking the wrath of a community thats already annoyed by slow progress, and right before the trailer gets released he's back working on the A330...

While this doesn't necessarily mean that the sim will be open for 3rd parties, it certainly indicates that MS takes it quite serious and they want their stock planes to be at least "advanced level"

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, pmb said:

Perhaps that's the AS in AS-MSG XX?

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Mathijs could not have phrased it any better if Aersosoft is indeed involved.

My thoughts are that there is a lot of underlying legacy code in the new sim that will allow our present aircraft to work with maybe some tuning.

The world mesh is is already there and possibly updated and fine tuned to work with the new ortho scenery.

The world navaids are already in place.

Why would they need to change gauge coding and aircraft models should be good to go unless there is a change in model scale.

I can't believe they would would write an entirely new sim from scratch, I could be wrong though.

The main breakthroughs are performance, scenery, lighting and possibly weather generation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1