Sign in to follow this  
SierraHotel

I will not fly again...

On 10/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, SierraHotel said:

...Until FS is released, in fact I have already uninstalled both P3D and X-Plane. It is indeed a new paradigm. Neither of the former mentioned flight sims with all of my addon's can come close in my opinion to the glory that is FS in it's Pre Alpha state. And so regardless of cost, subscriptions, the initial lack of ATC and a myriad of other small exclusions or problems I shall while away the time with DCS, IL2 and Star Citizen until this true 64bit gem is released. So Au revoir until we meet again over Paris, London, New York or any of the other 2 million plus accurately represented cites in this amazing World they are creating.

HA!  That's like "quitting your current job until you land a new one".  Enjoy your self-imposed hunger strike!  I wouldn't even think about such a move. You must have poor running sims because I get joy every day with P3d and a new "adventure".

Stan

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/11/2019 at 11:55 AM, SierraHotel said:

...Until FS is released, in fact I have already uninstalled both P3D and X-Plane.

Make sure that you tell Raul, Mourad/Clive, Mathijs and anyone else you're beta testing for ...

• Like 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Don't understand the skepticism and I'm with the OP on this one.:

(1) It's not as if MS is a new kid on the block of flightsimming. 

(2) They brought FSX back, gutted the graphics generating, weather generating parts and have kept a lot of the coding which 3rd party developers know so it appears and are familiar with in terms of developing addons re planes, airports, traffic AI, ATC. 

X-Plane 11 has been a disappointment in many ways will be easily removed. P3D has provided much pleasure ever since they went 64-bit but the endless buying of products to make the world somewhat realistic looking, well I'm tired of it.

Therefore I'm cleaning up lots of space on my drives and making room for her.

As far as being 'disappointed' or conjuring up notes of skepticism, listen I've been into computers ever since my trusty Apple IIe and Commodore 64 days and flightsimming since Bruce Artwicks Sublogic Flightsim product. I then continued to fly when MS bought into it and sold its various incarnations. Nothing surprises me or disappoints me now. This flightsim though is a known quantity from  a known developer and while I generally don't trust MS I'm not leveraging a thing except my excitement and some easily replaced space on my drives. If  the excitement is deflated there's enough to go back to without entering into a prolonged depression.😄

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

19 hours ago, Flybynumbers said:

Sure thing? You can be sure that no other simulator is even in the same league. If you have any doubts just watch the previews again. Comparing MSFT 2020 to FSX is like comparing FSX to 5.0.

I have seen the previews many times...and the developer's Q & A...and the screenshots, the trailer, the World episode. The new MSFS looks AMAZING and if it performs as promised, it will deliver a default flight simulator experience far better than any default sim on the market right now. But the sim experience I am familiar with is far from default and has taken a lot of time and money to get there.

With that said, the new MSFS is NOT a sure thing FOR ME because there are a lot of unanswered questions. When I have the answers to these questions I will be able to decide what role (if any) this sim will play in my flight simulator experience.

I do not fly VFR on P3Dv4, I like the larger aircraft and own several PMDG and Aerosoft aircraft. And one turboprop from Majestic. So at the moment, I have no clue as to what type of commercial jets will be in the sim at launch and how detailed their systems will be. Will PMDG, Quality Wings, Aerosoft and even Majestic bring their library of products over to the new sim? If they all do, when will I be able to enjoy such products in the new sim?

What about the default airports? Will they be as interactive as a FlyTampa or Flightbeam airport? Will the jetways move? Will there be interactive ground services for my aircraft? Will I be able to simulate operating a commercial flight the way I can in my current sim? And if not at launch, when will I be able to do so with the features I have grown to love. 

I am not expecting the sim to be fully loaded with all my desired features at launch. I know that this is a "work in progress" situation and many things will take time to appear in the sim. And there is a chance that there are some things I want that may not appear in the new sim for a very long time. I am just going to have to wait and see how things develop. Am I excited? Absolutely!!! Maybe this new sim will get me into VFR flying and that is what I use it for. 

So as amazing as this new tech is, it can't do what my current sim does for me... at least for the time being. Time will tell.  

• Upvote 1

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

7 hours ago, spilok said:

HA!  That's like "quitting your current job until you land a new one".  Enjoy your self-imposed hunger strike!

It's also like seeing a new car announced at a car show and selling all your current vehicles.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I cant wait for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator i love XP11 and have a lot of payware i bought for it, before the Microsoft announcement it was easy because in my eyes XP11 was the most modern up to date simulator available with no competitor, i don't mind switching simulators i have done it many times before or spending money on payware but i hope they will have quality airplanes like PMDG and the aerodynamics similar to XP11.

21 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious to watch the crowd shuffle back across the street if Lockheed suddenly announced P3DV5 to be released by mid December with amazing new features like a new default ATC, ORBX Global for default scenery, backward compatibility of aircraft addons, and many many more upgrades and improvements for your simulation experience. 

They’re not competing shops on different sides of the street. P3D is based on the product MS made to begin with. They’re like people writing FORTRAN to keep an old program alive (and no 64 bit is not a giant leap forward). They’re never going to have access to Bing maps unless MS wants them too. 

Lockheed makes weapons, not consumer software. Can you imagine someone on CNBC saying, “Lockheed announced the creation of a new gaming subdivision today...”

Edited by carbonbasedlifeform
Clarification

1 hour ago, LHookins said:

It's also like seeing a new car announced at a car show and selling all your current vehicles.

Hook

Or how about throwing away all your clothes  until the new summer fashions are out.🙈

• Like 1

Vic green

Funny seeing the flight sim community flip flop once something new comes around.

Used to be so much "FSX is an old dinosaur and Microsoft is horrible blah blah blah" bashing when P3D and Xplane11 released.

People turned their noses up at me anytime I mention still loving FSX

Now people are treating those two titles the same way once they discovered there will be a MSFS11.

Hilairous😂

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 10/11/2019 at 5:55 AM, SierraHotel said:

...Until FS is released, in fact I have already uninstalled both P3D and X-Plane. It is indeed a new paradigm. Neither of the former mentioned flight sims with all of my addon's can come close in my opinion to the glory that is FS in it's Pre Alpha state. And so regardless of cost, subscriptions, the initial lack of ATC and a myriad of other small exclusions or problems I shall while away the time with DCS, IL2 and Star Citizen until this true 64bit gem is released. So Au revoir until we meet again over Paris, London, New York or any of the other 2 million plus accurately represented cites in this amazing World they are creating.

This is the height of idiocy, in my opinion. Don't hold your breath. FSX was released what, 15 years ago, and most people still can't run it maxed out. 

So enjoy the wait. I hope you're young. 

Edited by mtr75

It's good to see what all those who trashed FS9 really think about their P3D's, FSX's and X-Planes.

I don't care if in 5 years I'm still using FS9. I'm not miserable, I'm happy and these forums often make me happier.

Mark Daniels

4 hours ago, mtr75 said:

This is the height of idiocy, in my opinion. Don't hold your breath. FSX was released what, 15 years ago, and most people still can't run it maxed out. 

So enjoy the wait. I hope you're young. 

Well, they are already running the Alpha build in 4k with around 40 FPS. And that's before any performance improvements they will certainly do on the Beta phase.

FSX/P3D aren't good benchmarks. They are really heavy on the CPU and they don't use efficiently multiple cores as they should.

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

8 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Well, they are already running the Alpha build in 4k with around 40 FPS.

Where does one find this information?

• Like 1

Mark Daniels

9 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Well, they are already running the Alpha build in 4k with around 40 FPS. And that's before any performance improvements they will certainly do on the Beta phase.

FSX/P3D aren't good benchmarks. They are really heavy on the CPU and they don't use efficiently multiple cores as they should.

I'm sure they were, on $10k PCs. I hope you're young and in good health.