Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Aerosoft CRJ-1000 major update announced

3 hours ago, PatC said:

I read a lot of people getting altitude errors and had to handle vector files differently, that's why I didn't update. If I do so, would you do all compenents or just the client?

Kind Regards

Patrick

We have found it necessary to update all three components with P3DV4.5 (at least for our aircraft) due to the changes that were made. If you only fly default aircraft you MIGHT be able to get away with only updating the Client.

• Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Guys,

Hans is an amazing developer, I see him constantly interacting with LM engineers via the private P3D Beta forums. He has been working very hard to push the boundaries of the platform and the PBR implementation he is pushing for many Aerosoft products is top of the class, this is an upgrade you must have if you can afford it.

I strongly recommend using P3D 4.5 + HF2 since it has lots of improvements for PBR, including anti-aliasing corrections for PBR materials. So if you use SSAA you will see an incredible difference with products using PBR and as stated above, Hans is exploiting this beautifully for many upcoming AS products.

My 2 cents,

Simbol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

One of my favorite aircraft will soon get better. Thanks!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Guys,

Hans is an amazing developer,

I agree 100%.  Hans is top-notch.

I do really like flying the CRJ, as the short flights fit my schedule well.  I don't like having to save my flight and pick it up later, like I frequently do with the DC-8 or 777, for example.

I'm not on HF2 yet, I need to figure out exactly what they've changed about elevations / stub behavior.  Or I could just throw caution to the wind and just do eet :)

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

On 10/15/2019 at 1:18 PM, PatC said:

I did yesterday but got no answer 🙂

Ah, thanks!  I replied to your question.

As I said previously, I don't have any issues whatsoever with P3Dv4.5 (HF2) and there are not too many people out there who have the number of addons I have installed.

Here is the question nobody wants to ask or answer:  How it is that some people run P3D with a massive number of different addons and they don't have any issues, and someone else runs P3D and has a laundry list of problems?

Just to beat this horse a little further... (LOL), P3D is extremely easy to update and just as easy to revert back to a previous version. This being the case, there is little reason not to at least try V4.5HF2 and if one has issues (to which I'd argue they need to groom their system) then it's a very quick thing to revert back to the previous version.  With that in mind, I say give it a try!

I hope this is helpful to you my friend!

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:25 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

We have found it necessary to update all three components with P3DV4.5 (at least for our aircraft) due to the changes that were made. If you only fly default aircraft you MIGHT be able to get away with only updating the Client.

So from what I understand, those with issues tend to be the people that use FSAeroData, is that right? Granted, I have not gone around and tested all my airports after HF2, so I can't actually comment too much on it, but the few I have looked at appear to be fine. I do not use FSAeroData. I have not updated the content and scenery components at this point, only the client, though I'm considering doing the content as well.

As for the CRK, I'm very excited! These days it appears as though a large number of the airlines who do some much-coveted routes (for me, that is!) use CRK. One of them is Binter Canarias, who fly from Gran Canaria to e.g. Dakar and Banjul with CRK. Also Garuda Indonesia has a significant number of interesting routes with CRK's, as does Air Nostrum. It'd be lovely to have that. And the PBR upgrade is certainly very welcome!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

So from what I understand, those with issues tend to be the people that use FSAeroData, is that right?

I honestly don't know about that, but like you I don't use FSAeroData either.

As for the CRK

I've seen the "CRK" Designation used a few times, so I thought I'd address that though I'm not directing this at you specifically my friend, but instead intended for everyone.

"CRK" is actually the IATA Code for the CRJ-1000. IATA Codes are traditionally used for things like passenger ticketing, printed on passenger travel itineraries, and for similar business purposes.

With few exceptions, ICAO Codes are a much better fit and are what are used both real world and in flight simulation. ICAO Codes are used on the operations side of things including aircraft parking, servicing (fuel, catering, cleaning, repairs, flight paperwork, documentation, etc.), air traffic control; flight plan/planning and aircraft and airline flight identification. As such, ICAO Codes are more in line for flight simulation (and is what we've long used).  When there are sub-types for aircraft. For example the ICAO Code for the Boeing 737-800 is "B738" but there is a broader, all inclusive designation of "B737" for all sub-types and if you look at the highlighted

row in the table below you'll see this is true for the CRJ as well.

The ICAO Code for the CRJ-1000 is CRJX.

Of course now that I've said all that, I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that Hans Hartmann hasn't used the IATA Code for the product... LOL!!!

Here is a current table showing the IATA and ICAO Codes for the CRJ Fleet:

IATA

Code

ICAO

Code

Manufacturer and Aircraft Type / Model

Category

CR1

CRJ1

Canadair Regional Jet 100

M

CR2

CRJ2

Canadair Regional Jet 200

M

CR7

CRJ7

Canadair Regional Jet 700

M

CR9

CRJ9

Canadair Regional Jet 900

M

CRJ

n/a

Canadair Regional Jet

M

CRK

CRJX

Canadair Regional Jet 1000

M

As for the CRK, I'm very excited!

Well, I'm with you brother!  While I do enjoy flying larger aircraft from time to time, it's the Regional Aircraft like the CRJ, Dash 8 Q400 (which correctly advertises "jet like performance"), A318-A321, and B734-B739 and the like that really flip my switches!  In fact, I typically fly 2 or 3 hour routes because the action for me is during pushback and startup, taxi out, takeoff, departure, climb, flying the arrival, approach, landing and putting the aircraft to bed. Moreover, I just don't have the time or even the desire to sit at cruise level for hours upon hours and since i only fly online time acceleration is not really available to me (it is and it isn't, but I don't usually fly long haul).

Anyway, an updated CRJ, espeically with everything Hans is putting into her, is indeed VERY ECITING for me too!

By the way.... nobody has mentioned the CRJ having Connected Flight Deck (CFD) which some of you might know as "Shared Cockpit", but this is far different than ever before because our new CFD is server based and not only does that take care of all the setup for you automatically it also allows for up to 75 observers to join the flight on the flight deck - why watch a stream when you can join the flight at any time!  It also provides us with a means to help people new to the aircraft learn sitting right next to an experienced operator, in real time!  Oh, and not just learning a new aircraft, but how about learning to do advanced flight planning for airliners and learn most everything you need to know to fly on VATSIM, IVAO and soon POSCON in about three 2-hour CFD sessions? And it gets better still, so much more to tell you guys about this - and some equally exciting things that I'm working on - things that don't cost anything!

Anyway, right now our server based Connected Flight Deck is available in our Airbus Professional Series (A318, A319, A320, A321 and A330) and will soon be added to the revamped CRJ Series!  Our server based CFD has been in Alpha stage for some time, but there is an update coming out soon for the Airbus Pro Series which brings CFD to a late stage Beta and I've been using/testing that for weeks now and, well,  you're going to love it!

Well, this post sort of covered a lot of ground, but I hope that you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed sharing this information with you guys.

My very best wishes for Happy Flights, and stay flying my friends!

Dave Hodges

Thank  you @DaveCT2003.  Looking forward to CFD.  It would be nice if we could simplify things and only use ICAO codes; hard to break with tradition, I guess.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

On 10/14/2019 at 7:53 PM, SAS443 said:

Toxic attitude...

Never mind. Don't want to join this kindergarten here.

Edited by swiesma

On 10/14/2019 at 12:00 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

By the time Hans releases this nobody's going to be using P3D anymore anyway.

So, just an FYI... the new CRJ releases tomorrow.  

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/147326-crj-professional-preview/

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

Just curious on pricing, stand alone and upgrade from previous release.

Btw, are you Aerosoft guys going to release info. on the A330 paint-schemes on initial release.

Thanks, Darryl

25 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Just curious on pricing, stand alone and upgrade from previous release.

Btw, are you Aerosoft guys going to release info. on the A330 paint-schemes on initial release.

Thanks, Darryl

Directly from Hans :)

"It's actually 74.99 euros for the full version and 24.99 euros for the upgrade, each including German VAT (19%). That's 63 euros / 21 euros excluding VAT. At todays exchange rate, it's 69.70 USD / 23.23 USD or 53.72 GBP / 17.91 GBP, all excluding VAT."

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I’m looking forward to Coupled VNAV in the CRJ. This will make life easier in the descent. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

8 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Directly from Hans 🙂

"It's actually 74.99 euros for the full version and 24.99 euros for the upgrade, each including German VAT (19%). That's 63 euros / 21 euros excluding VAT. At todays exchange rate, it's 69.70 USD / 23.23 USD or 53.72 GBP / 17.91 GBP, all excluding VAT."

Let's go back to the initial release. I thought updates would be free. I'm not surprised that it will not be a free update. It's AS after all. Just a terrible seller! I'm done with them.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

23 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I thought updates would be free

I don't know what you're complaining about really.

The software developement company I work for charges 20% of the purchase price annually in order to recieve updates and we're pretty industry standard in that regards.

It's income that enable development of new version releases for all software, as not very many people or companies would (or even can) work for nothing.

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D