Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

FSL A320-X / A319-X - Update for P3D 4.5 HF2 now available

change log;

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/22921-a320-x-a319-x-update-v202415-now-available/

Compatibility update with Prepar3D v4.5.13.32097

Crash bug fix under certain conditions with FSLSounds.dll

ATSU
    RMP logic improvements
    Several updates

BSCU
    Brake temp and strength tuning

Display Units
    ND wind arrow now appears at 2kts

EFCS
    ELAC redesign (detailed change log below)

Effects
    Fix for wing lights flashing

External model
    Landing Gear updated
    (A319 only) - left spoiler skin animation fix
    (A319 only) - right wing fairing and main gear door skin animations fix

FMGS
    FM:
    Fix for several procedure listings
    AP Pitch authority logic fix
    FMP Transition logic fix
    FG:
    Managed descent on profile low bracket target fix

Frictions
    Wheel frictions now variant-dependent and allows MinGW/MaxGW interpolation for coefficients

GSX
    Various integration logic fixes
    Fix for GSX freezing during refuel with APU

MCDU
    box drawing not clearing properly fixed
    rounding error fix for fuel entries
    User Options: TLA Gates now remember REV ON STICK

PFD
    Fix for FMA ATHR modes redraw issue

Payloads
    Fix for payload station logic

Sounds
    Deboarding PA logic fix
    Further tweaks for packs, APU and Hyd Pumps
    IAE engine and elec sound adjustments
    Save/reload P3D volumes logic improvement
    CFM engine sounds updates
    Electrics sounds updates

Virtual cockpit
    Captain window dirt texture fix
    Bug splat infrastructure improvements

-----

Specific change log for the ELAC redesign

Completely Redesigned
MANUAL FLIGHT
    Stick input logic.
    Flare logic.
    Flaps ballooning effect.
    Pitch limits protection logic.
    G limits protection logic.

AUTOFLIGHT
    Command to elevators.
    Flaps ballooning effect.
    Autoland flare logic.
    Flight Directors.

Partly Redesigned
MANUAL FLIGHT
    High Angle of Attack protection.
    High speed protection.
    THS inop (G+Y SYS LO PR) alternate law logic.

AUTOFLIGHT
    Autoflight G authority/limits handling.

Fixes
MANUAL FLIGHT
    On ground elevator authority reduced from 30 to 20 degrees.
    THS Freeze missing conditions added.
    THS limit missing conditions added.
    Improved turbulence handling.
    High Angle of Attack protection, triggering AoA missing data added.
    Low energy warning (SPEED SPEED SPEED) sensitivity tuning.
    Erratic THS behavior when exiting slew mode fixed.
    Fully managed descend, on profile, speed target set to lower bracket.
    THS inop also in manual trimming in case of (G+Y SYS LO PR).
    Autotrim inhibited in Mechanical backup law.

AUTOFLIGHT
    Low energy warning (SPEED SPEED SPEED) sensitivity tuning.
    Improved turbulence handling.
    More stabilized conditions after exiting slew mode.
    Fully managed descend, on profile, speed target set to lower bracket.

Edited by penta_a
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

The best just keeps getting better.

• Upvote 1

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Now that this is available, I plan on going from 4.4 to 4.5.  With that said, do I need to download 4.5 first and then download the hotfix?  Or will the latest hotfix allow me to go from 4.4 to 4.5 completely? 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Uninstall P3D client (only) from your computer and install the new 4.5 client you'll find in LM website.
Latest version includes the HF2.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, Zimmerbz said:

Now that this is available, I plan on going from 4.4 to 4.5.  With that said, do I need to download 4.5 first and then download the hotfix?  Or will the latest hotfix allow me to go from 4.4 to 4.5 completely? 

Actually, going from 4.4 to 4.5 I think it would be safer if you installed all three components. It will all work better together as there are a lot of new things since 4.4.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

15 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

Actually, going from 4.4 to 4.5 I think it would be safer if you installed all three components. It will all work better together as there are a lot of new things since 4.4.

Would that require me to reinstall all of my scenery, airports, etc.?  I am trying to avoid that and in the past upgrades (4.2-4.4 etc) didn't require that

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

33 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Would that require me to reinstall all of my scenery, airports, etc.?  I am trying to avoid that and in the past upgrades (4.2-4.4 etc) didn't require that

With the Client alone, no it would not. 

49 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Installing all three components will disturb your scenery configuration, but it's probably worth doing because of the improvements to night lighting and PBR texture handling.  I highly recommend using Lorby-SI's P3D Addon Manager to take a snapshot of your configuration files before starting the upgrade so you'll have something to go back to if things get boogered-up.

After reinstalling, you'll need to reinstall any scenery base texture add-on you may be using (FTX Global, GEX etc) as those add-ons replace default textures that will have been re-written back to the default state by the scenery component reinstallation.  Also, any add-ons that modified the terrain.cfg (UTX, Vector, etc) will need to re-write those changes, usually done by running the config program(s).  If you're using Orbx OpenLC, you'll probably also need to realign the LCLookup using the option in their config program.

Before I do a version change, I make a clone of the P3D drive, and save all the config files (including both dll.xml files, both exe.xml files, and both add-ons.cfg files) using P3D Addon Manager.  The module reinstallation *should* leave your scenery configs intact, but it's a really good thing to have a backup for those cases where it might delete or overwrite something.

Regards

• Like 2

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

What would I get with client and content but not scenery?

• Upvote 1

Anyone tried updating to .415 without installing liveries etc again ?

Only un-install via W10 controlpanel ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Yes, only uninstall via control panel and keep your registration. It will find the existing liveries automatically.

Michael

• Like 1

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

34 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Anyone tried updating to .415 without installing liveries etc again ?

Only un-install via W10 controlpanel ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

just run the installer it  will do everything  for  you no need  to unnistall your  liveries  if  your  using  fscrew2  after the  install    just  go  to the  control panel of  fscrew  and  enable  again

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

24 minutes ago, michaelth said:

Yes, only uninstall via control panel and keep your registration. It will find the existing liveries automatically.

Michael

no need  to  all you need  to do is just  run the  fsl  installer  it  will uninstall  it  for  you

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

updated p3d to hf2 , client and content only.

run installer for a320, it uninstalled the previous version for me and installed the new one

rebooted as advised 

did the same for a319 

rebooted as advised.

ran sim. did flight.  no issues.  the fsl team once again have done sterling work.

14ppkc-6.png

Just flew the IAE319 model and the engine sounds are nice.

Richie Walsh