Sign in to follow this  
cepact

Coronavirus could delay MSFS

Number of tests and positivity rate for Covid-19 as of today (26/02/2020):

UK: 7,132 tests, of which 13 positive (0.2% positivity rate)
Italy: 9,462 tests, of which 383 positive (4.0% positivity rate)
France: 762 tests, of which 17 positive (2.2% positivity rate)
Austria: 321 tests, of which 2 positive (0.6% positivity rate)

Daily risk assessment on COVID-19, 26 February 2020 from the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control:

- The risk associated with COVID-19 infection for people in the EU/EEA and UK is currently considered to be low to moderate

- The risk of the occurrence of similar clusters, similar to the ones in Italy, associated with COVID-19 in other countries in the EU/EEA and the UK is currently considered to be moderate to high

• Upvote 1

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Odd? " Iran's reported mortality rate for the illness — about 14 percent — surpasses the rate for other countries by a dramatic margin." Iran's health ministry spokesman said on Wednesday that 19 Iranians have died out of a total of 139 positive cases.

Edited by Adrian123

29 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Odd? " Iran's reported mortality rate for the illness — about 14 percent — surpasses the rate for other countries by a dramatic margin." Iran's health ministry spokesman said on Wednesday that 19 Iranians have died out of a total of 139 positive cases.

There's a pretty fair amount of trade, travel and cultural exchange between Iran and China - so that could explain the case cluster, but not necessarily the high mortality rate.

There's a lot we don't know yet about how Covid-19 behaves.

Airlines don't take the decision to stop flying to various destinations lightly, and they certainly don't do it for normal flu outbreaks.

It is my understanding that what makes this Covid-19 different, and so difficult to deal with, is that an inflicted person is contagious during the incubation period and without showing any symptoms. So testing using a simple temperature test at the border is practically useless.

Plus what if it mutates?

Without being alarmist I wouldn't be taking it lightly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

24 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

Same here, i dont alarm or panic, but this news below came in a few hours earlier from official site and not some fake news,
if it starts to spread out the first problems for us will be where to put our child if the Kindergarden closes (some allready startet),
we just need to be prepaired, we can't change it anyway.

Germany Health Minister Jens Spahn sees Germany "at the beginning of a coronavirus epidemic".
In a telephone conference, he had called on the health ministers of the states to "activate their pandemic plans
and prepare for their possible entry into force. The situation has changed in the last few hours,
it is unfortunate to say", the Minister added. No pandemic had broken out yet - "but I think it is important that
we prepare for this situation".

It has become apparent that the "chains of infection are partly incomprehensible", said Spahn. "This is the new quality."
He added: "The probability that this epidemic will pass Germany by will not arise."

I heard on a recent radio interview that one of the reasons that WHO don't rush into calling this, or any other outbreak, a pandemic is that it is a trigger point for insurance companies to cease providing medical cover. This could leave quite a few travelers up a certain creek without a paddle.
The reason given was that it is impossible for the underwriters to model a pandemic in terms of their financial liability.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

On 2/26/2020 at 9:17 PM, cowpatz said:

Airlines don't take the decision to stop flying to various destinations lightly, and they certainly don't do it for normal flu outbreaks.

It is my understanding that what makes this Covid-19 different, and so difficult to deal with, is that an inflicted person is contagious during the incubation period and without showing any symptoms. So testing using a simple temperature test at the border is practically useless.

Plus what if it mutates?

plus you can also recatch it again.  I believe the first case has happened in China where someone caught it, was iscolated for 14 days, then was clear of the virus and was discharged back home where they then caught again 2 days later.

Its a good job when it starts closing down schools and hits the NHS hard in the UK we will be able to somehow manage to charge China for the pleasure of starting it and costing our NHS millions and millions as well as lost business for companies paying sick leave to people at home.   Ah wait a sec, no we wont.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 2/27/2020 at 12:05 AM, cowpatz said:

I heard on a recent radio interview that one of the reasons that WHO don't rush into calling this, or any other outbreak, a pandemic is that it is a trigger point for insurance companies to cease providing medical cover. This could leave quite a few travelers up a certain creek without a paddle.
The reason given was that it is impossible for the underwriters to model a pandemic in terms of their financial liability.

money always money,

14ppkc-6.png

The FIA have made a statement that if a team cannot compete in a F1 championship race then it cannot count in the championship, this is due to reports that some country`s are blocking entry to people from northern Italy, Ferrari may not be able to race. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

14 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

The FIA have made a statement that if a team cannot compete in a F1 championship race then it cannot count in the championship, this is due to reports that some country`s are blocking entry to people from northern Italy, Ferrari may not be able to race. 

MotoGP is having some issues also and the race in Qatar this weekend is only going to be limited to Moto2 and Moto3 since they were already there for testing. Some of the premier class teams, due to travel restrictions can’t make it to Qatar, so they cancelled the race for that class.

They also are postponing the Thai GP that was scheduled for March 22nd.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Looks like MSFS could well be delayed judging by this weeks update, and with Italy just across the border going into lockdown it`s not looking good.

Raymond Fry.

This will be much worse than 2008, for all the world.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I don't know what all the fuss is about. This lorry used to come around my street in the 1970s. You could buy lemonade and dandelion and burdock pop off the bloke who drove it. We drank loads of that stuff and it never did us any harm 🤣

YaQAQVb.jpg

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The  funny  thing  is  that  where  I live  you  cant  buy  any  toilet  paper  any  where,  people  are  now  stockpiling  and  panic  buying  now,  most  of  the  shelves  are  now  just  about  bare  of  toilet  paper  and  hand  sanitisers  etc. The  worst  part  about the  toilet paper  thay  are  on selling  it  online  now  for  most  stupid   prices   like  there  was  one  for  around  1500$   Aust. (  so  far  Aust  has  about  41  confirmed  case  and  has  2  deaths one 78 and  the other  85)

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Just been reading an Aus family ordered 48 toilet rolls but by mistake had in fact ordered 48 boxes 2,300 toilet rolls.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/family-accidentally-buys-2300-toilet-rolls-prior-to-national-supermarket-sell-out/ar-BB10P0bB?li=AAnZ9Ug

Ha Ha 😀 

Airlines are cancelling flights due low demand and some are predicating that other airlines may struggle to survive if this continues for to long.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.