Sign in to follow this  
airforce806

P3D version 5 Hot Fix now available.

Just now, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Not officially no but you can get it to work. Done a few flights with the 777 and NGXU no problems 

Fair play but dont complain about the hotfix because you are hacking the rgistry to make it work.. Sorry but thats not really LM's fault.

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

4 minutes ago, BlueFinn said:

If you would have installed all of your ORBX stuff in a folder outside of the sim, you wouldnt need to. You only have yourself to blame

Never had the need to before as typically all I ever needed to do with updates was update the client.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

Just now, Steve_Ellis said:

Fair play but dont complain about the hotfix because you are hacking the rgistry to make it work.. Sorry but thats not really LM's fault.

Wasn't complaining as such, just asking if I'll need to do it all over again. 

• Like 2

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Wasn't complaining as such, just asking if I'll need to do it all over again. 

Fair comment, the words "Reinstall" and "everything" in the same sentence scares people, some ppl are really impressionable on these forums. 😄

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

The last build with the PMDG 737 NGXu I had rain in the office, but was no problem as I had a mini umbrella with me.😀⛱️

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

13 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

PMDG still not v5...

That’s why he said he’d need to use regedit!

NGXu is beautiful in P3D v5, now i need to fly it in VR Truesky mode for the first time.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 minutes ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Fair comment, the words "Reinstall" and "everything" in the same sentence scares people, some ppl are really impressionable on these forums. 😄

The instructions on the installation were ambiguos and open to confusion,no doubt written by a programmer

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

34 minutes ago, anzac1977 said:

I had the same issue with the add-ons causing it to stop working after trying to activate them.

Narrowed it down to ones i had created using AO.

Not for me. It doesn't matter where the XML comes from. I made many tests now, putting a couple of add-on.xml based addons into the autodiscovery path. 

When I delete the AppData\Local\..\add-ons.cfg and then start the sim, P3D will let me activate two or three, then it closes. After that it will never go beyond that point, it doesn't even ask to activate the missing packages. It seems like the issue is back where empty or broken paths prevent a load - but I wouldn't swear an oath to that.

Truth is, I am completely dumbfounded by what I'm seeing.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

17 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

But it works flawlessly. It's not supported officially, but if you know what you're doing...

737NGX?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Here's the changelog. Bold = things that I am exited about!

Have gone with an install without clearing the %appdata% folders and C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5, we'll see if this works OK.

EDIT: I was hoping to save some work, but it actually wouldn't start. So I uninstalled, cleared the appdata and programdata folders, as well as the root directory. All working well now. In short, I'd recommend a full reinstall, and make it a clean install by emptying those data folders.

CLIENT FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS

• Reduced VRAM usage by automatically reducing texture sizes on distant objects.
    • Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) displays are now supported.
    • Fixed crash that could occur on approach at low altitudes in some cases.
    • Fixed driver hang caused by the ATC window in some cases.
    • Fixed crash when closing camera preview window.
    • Vehicle preview screen now shows interior model if no exterior model exists.
    • Fixed issue causing detached avatar to crash if parent vehicle crashed.
    • Fixed issue causing shadow errors in SimDirector when Enhanced Atmospherics was active.
    • Multichannel host now serializes library effect mappings.
    • IsOnGround now properly set when initializing mobile scenery objects in SimDirector.
    • DLLStop is now called on all DLL plugins before being removed.
    • Fixed issues causing VR views to be out of sync.
    • Fixed issue preventing traffic from clearing in some cases.
    • Fixed issue causing invalid reflections in right eye in VR.
    • **Enhanced Atmospherics is now supported in VR stereo and mono modes.**
    • Fixed issue preventing AI from taking off and landing at airports in some cases.
    • Improved Enhanced Atmospherics cloud shadows.
    • Fixed issue where adjusting time preview would cause AI to spawn.
    • Fixed crash that would occur when playing a flight recording from command line.
    • Fixed issue causing multiplayer session status to appear differently on client and host machines.
    • Fixed issue causing a crash to occur before user was prompted that VRAM budget was exceeded.
    • Fixed issue where reflections in right eye were one frame behind in VR single pass mode.
    • Fixed issue preventing panel mouse interaction from working in VR in some cases.
    • Reduced intensity of default landing light effect.
    • Improved AI brake behavior on sloped surfaces.
    • Additional improvements to ground contact reaction.
    • **Fixed long UI load times if large amounts of add-ons were installed.**
    • Fixed issue where GPS broadcast and sound in slew settings were not loaded correctly at startup.
    • Fixed issue where flight plans would reapply if currently active when pressing OK in the options screen.
    • Various Enhanced Atmospherics cloud appearance improvements.
    • Fixed application hang that would occur if VR threw an error in single pass mode.
    • Fixed issue causing vehicle select sort ordering to reverse in some cases.
    • Fixed crash that would occur if a docked view was closed while being moved.
    • Fixe issue where SimConnect_CreateEffect was not initializing PBH values.
    • Added VR cursor settings.
    • Fixed issue where terrain textures would draw on top of each other in some cases.
Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

4 minutes ago, DJJose said:

737NGX?

In my case, 777 and NGXu.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Does even the Scenery folder need to be uninstalled?  Drag.

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Time to join the party and see if it's true that this sim is the best thing since slice bread! 😀

😄

• Like 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Does even the Scenery folder need to be uninstalled?  Drag.

Probably best to bin it all off and go again. Yes it's a b@llache, but at least you know it's a completely clean install and any issues you might have are not related to a clash with older stuff.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Easy as pie...completely uninstalled RTM...all four entries...ran the Set Up for .24.....after the install, (installed to exactly the same drive and locale...) found everything 3rdP intact...and only had to VERIFY Orbx Global, as those files get written to Scenery/World/Texture...so a new install of v5 Scenery, would have overwritten the Orbx ones.   Took my first flight...and everything seems the same, at least to me...for I never did encounter the invisible wall...and it runs well.