Sign in to follow this  
Boeingnut

Glad I saved FSX

I recently purchased P3D v5. I'm sorry I did. Yes, it loads faster and has better performance on my 8 core ryzen than fsx, but it isn't compatible with much, regardless of claims of various developers. Kudos to ORBX and FSDT for making their products compatible and not tap dancing about needing to charge full price for a new license because it's a new platform. I will keep tweeking and tinkering, but I will put up with the lower frame rates of FSX.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

What did you expect? New platform ... new features ... no payment?

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

ORBX and FSDT didn't seem to think so... so yes, especially since some of the software I've purchased was in the last 3 months

32bit FSX is miles apart from 64bit DX12 P3DV5, are you hopeful all your addons will work in MSFS when it`s released.

Edited by G-RFRY
  • Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Wait...a 14 yr old sim, and people are upset because some products have moved on and charge a fee for it?

Orbx has a massive library and some stuff that won’t work in FSX....they will get their money from you again one way or the other...but a smaller company that makes say one product and has devoted time to enhance it for newer sims...probably can’t afford to give away the house for free every 3 years.

• Like 1

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, Boeingnut said:

I recently purchased P3D v5. I'm sorry I did. Yes, it loads faster and has better performance on my 8 core ryzen than fsx, but it isn't compatible with much, regardless of claims of various developers. Kudos to ORBX and FSDT for making their products compatible and not tap dancing about needing to charge full price for a new license because it's a new platform. I will keep tweeking and tinkering, but I will put up with the lower frame rates of FSX.

You will also be putting up with the popping autogen in FSX... for a while, until you realize that with the right settings in V5, this simply does not happen.. 😉

Bert

15 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Pretty much the entire flight sim world is aware that Lockheed released P3Dv5 well before it was ready and knew they were releasing it with serious issues.  You are a lovely optimist by choosing this time to move to P3Dv5, I'd say a record setting optimist!  God love you!  LOL.

It will be straightened out in the next two updates.  I'm hoping that the next update will be far more comprehensive than they planned it to be, but we'll see.

P3Dv4.5HF3 is wondeful!

Best wishes.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Pretty much the entire flight sim world is aware that Lockheed released P3Dv5 well before it was ready and knew they were releasing it with serious issues.  You are a lovely optimist by choosing this time to move to P3Dv5, I'd say a record setting optimist!  God love you!  LOL.

It will be straightened out in the next two updates.  I'm hoping that the next update will be far more comprehensive than they planned it to be, but we'll see.

P3Dv4.5HF2 is wondeful!

Best wishes.

This is the first time I haven't moved to the next version of P3D upon release. It just seemed that there were too many outstanding issues. As soon as some of my aircraft are compatible and LM has ironed out the bugs I'm sure I'll move over.

• Like 2

NAX669.png

13 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

P3Dv4.5HF2 is wondeful!

Best wishes.

LOL perhaps- I never really considered changing sims, but as more and more software developers were warning that FSX would no longer be supported, and this was before tha MS2020 announcement, I though, sure! what the hell, why not. now I know

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Boeingnut said:

LOL perhaps- I never really considered changing sims, but as more and more software developers were warning that FSX would no longer be supported, and this was before tha MS2020 announcement, I though, sure! what the hell, why not. now I know

I too resurrected FSX, and in a strange sort of way.  Through an angry reaction to a rekindled bout of FSX CTD frustration, I seem to have suddenly gotten rid of the CTD's that sent me to P3D.  A move that was premature given my current system, and premature for a friendly v5.  And that seeming FSX breakthrough is via what on the surface is in a really strange and illogical way.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

5 hours ago, Boeingnut said:

Hi, FSX forum is over that way —————>

Bye!

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, mwilk said:

This is the first time I haven't moved to the next version of P3D upon release. It just seemed that there were too many outstanding issues. As soon as some of my aircraft are compatible and LM has ironed out the bugs I'm sure I'll move over.

Same here.  4.5 is working well for me.  If I'm honest, it's not JUST the stability of 4.5 that's keeping me from v5....  it's another sim coming up...   (That and wonderful XP11)

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

P3Dv4.5HF2 is wondeful!

Best wishes.

Correct :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Hi, FSX forum is over that way —————>

Bye!

They look the same so he might as well stay here. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Doug47 said:

They look the same so he might as well stay here. 

Well, his FS9 scenery isn’t compatible with v5, so he may not be happy. Just trying to help a lost Avsimmer! But, whatever.

As for the other people who felt the need to jump in and bash v5 yet again - we already have 27 active threads for that, 23 of these are for people who haven’t actually flown the new sim so jump right in.

As for me, just having my morning cup of tea before returning to my favourite sim ever, P3D v5. Time to put the Maddog through her paces again in VR. I think today is Iceland day. 😊

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."