Sign in to follow this  
pilatuz

PMDG NGXu released for v5

On 7/5/2020 at 7:16 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

As someone who still has the NGX I’m not exactly rushing to get my credit card out to spend 80GBP on the NGXu. Are cockpit dimensions really the best thing about it? Not the EFB or the 4K VC or even the improved flight model.

Where are the salesmen amongst you? 😉

I remember a previous thread in which I posted the change log and feature list of the NGXu. You said the things listed didn't really convince you and if you still feel that way I think you have your answer. Personally, having flown the NGX for a long time, I switched to the NGXu and it feels like a new plane and closer to an actual 737 so for me the money was well spent. I don't know what else anyone could say other than what they personally think and what's on the change log/feature list.

• Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

@threegreen, I think this reply from a few days ago will clarify things...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/577755-pmdg-ngxu-released-for-v5/?do=findComment&comment=4265010

I have to say given the EFB is the big change on the ‘u’ I’m surprised to see so little discussion about it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

27 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@threegreen, I think this reply from a few days ago will clarify things...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/577755-pmdg-ngxu-released-for-v5/?do=findComment&comment=4265010

I have to say given the EFB is the big change on the ‘u’ I’m surprised to see so little discussion about it.

I love the EFB on the NGXu and 748. I save my PFPX plans in pdf format in the EFB folders and can view my flight plans on the EFBs which is really nice. Also handy is recording clearances and ATIS using the scratch pad feature. Lately I've only been using them for performance as my IPAD has foreflight and jepp charts with P3D linked. But all that combined is a great sim experience. I'm also getting amazing sim performance with the NGXu and I'm on a laptop. The lighting (which PMDG has admitted) is a work in progress, but really isn't a big deal. Coming from the NGX too, I am really loving the u.

• Upvote 1

@pilatuz, thanks for sharing your experiences.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 7/6/2020 at 7:56 PM, guit32 said:

Hello

Is someone can tell us if the NGXU in P3DV5 perform better than in P3D V4.5. I play in VR and I need more fps with this plane.

In VR even 4 or 5 fps more can make the difference and allow the 45fps needed for a pleasant experience (at 43 steamVr will cut to 20)

Thanks

Not much difference, tbh.

It OK in VR, but I’m not really finding it optimal atm, frame rate is not super steady so you notice microstutters at times. I was hoping for a bit more performance with the update. 

For now, I’m back to the Maddog and the Q400 for VR flying, both quite a bit smoother than the NGXu, and therefore I’m enjoying my flights more even though I love the 737/NGX/NGXu.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

After a while you get used to the EFB and it's just "there". Till you go into a aircraft that doesn't have it then you notice. I use it a lot to cross check my vref calculations, also to get the SEL temp.. It's also nice having all charts at your fingertips. The devs were shooting for a way to make it so you don't have to go "outside" of the sim as much. The NGXu has the airport moving map as part of it's EFB. The 747-8 it is build into the Nav display(zoom in and press APRT key).

There is a lot of other stuff added into the NGXu. The reworked taxi physics of the 747 was added back into the NGXu in the latest build. If you have the gear you can set it up with full realism and control with tiller and Pedal(rudder) stearing. If not you can revert back to the incorrect old P3D(FSX) ground steering. I wasn't kidding in the other thread you have to be careful with your brakes in the NGXu, Especially if your selected livery has steel brakes.

The main thing missing from the NGX v NGXu discussion is right now the QOTS and NGXu are working and being tested in Global Flight Ops. The NGX is NOT. There is NO development being done on the NGX. That is all I will say about GFO. NDA in place.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

30 minutes ago, Snowfalcon said:

After a while you get used to the EFB and it's just "there". Till you go into a aircraft that doesn't have it then you notice. I use it a lot to cross check my vref calculations, also to get the SEL temp

Could you please show me how to get the SEL temp using the EFB.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 hours ago, captain420 said:

I suggest you YouTube this

You don't even need YouTube. Just use the manuals that are included with the product. Come on, people...

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

You don't even need YouTube. Just use the manuals that are included with the product. Come on, people...

+10
A lot  of questions I see in these forums can be answered just by doing a keyword search in the manuals. That and a lot of info can be learned by reading the manuals that you don't find in the forums.

Edited by BillS511
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Manual does not always provide all the information you need. to tell people to RTFM is a bit rude. You can read the instruction and not understanding them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

Manual does not always provide all the information you need. to tell people to RTFM is a bit rude. You can read the instruction and not understanding them.

If the manual doesn't provide certain information or one doesn't understand it, sure you can ask on forums. But the point is that many people ask things that are explained in the manuals and often don't check the manual. Not sure why it's rude to say check the manual when it's explained in there.

10 hours ago, captain420 said:

You have to fill out the takeoff performance page in the EFB with all the required information such as runway, winds, weight, etc. and when you press calculate it will calculate Vspeeds as well as the derate/assumed temp (SEL)/combination of derate plus assumed temp that you need put into the FMC's N1 page.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I've learned many years ago that telling someone to read the manuals is just said person trying to puff themselves up as if they know more than someone else. This behavior started in the PMDG forums and its the only real response someone will get these days.

I remember long long time ago when flightsim forums were where people would help eachother out when it came to flying.

Now it's just a pissing contest about that stuff. 

The only time people help others if there are problems with a piece of software.

It's rare these days that people will help others with systems knowledge on a specific airplane. 

I've come across some posts or threads where people actually help others with this kind of stuff....but it's rare. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

41 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I've learned many years ago that telling someone to read the manuals is just said person trying to puff themselves up as if they know more than someone else. This behavior started in the PMDG forums and its the only real response someone will get these days.

I remember long long time ago when flightsim forums were where people would help eachother out when it came to flying.

The only time people help others if there are problems with a piece of software.

It's rare these days that people will help others with systems knowledge on a specific airplane. 

I've come across some posts or threads where people actually help others with this kind of stuff....but it's rare. 

and it is for this reason that avsim forum has been hated by other sim community for years. The "god complex" of certain individual is off putting. We are going to see an influx of new comers with MFS just around the corner. I really hope that people of this community are a little more understanding instead of telling them to go read the manual.

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

If this dude had a specific question about the EFB that's tricky or not clearly spelled out in the manual, sure, let's help. Even better, go to the PMDG forum where Chris from PMDG and other users are very helpful (which is a marked change from the past). But his question boils down to "How do I use the EFB?" which is covered in the EFB documentation that PMDG wrote and included in the product. It is to his benefit that he learns how to find the answers in the manuals, and then come here or to PMDG with specific questions.

This is all common sense.