Sign in to follow this  
pilatuz

PMDG NGXu released for v5

Just installed , is it safe to cpy over the.ini´s for settings and controls?

Also it seems that the cockpit colours are back to NGX standards . Must admit its much better as i have tried the real VC

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

35 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

P3Dv5? I'm only seeing A320 Immersion v2 under P3Dv5 in Orbx Central.

Orbx website shows NGXu only for P3Dv4.

Not yet, v5 will be out shortly (free upgrade) according to the promotion email I got from ORBX

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

50 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Enjoying it in v4.5hf2. Not even considering v5 until 5.1 drops. 

a sensible move

14ppkc-6.png

2 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Is anyone actually flying the NGXu here? This aircraft is one of the most anticipated v5 releases, yet this thread seems to be all about airbuses, v4 vs v5 and other random topics! 

I have flown it four times since its release yesterday, and the NGXu is once again my favorite aircraft. There is just something about it that makes it so great to fly. Although I am not a fan of how PMDG does business, I find the 737 to be spectacular.

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

I’m in the middle of my first flight, all good so far.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, BrettT said:

Not looking to be argumentative just genuinely interested in why you feel one is significantly better than the other.  I have the NGXu and was considering getting the FSL A320 before NGXu came out for V5.  I would consider myself more of airliner neophyte and would possibly consider getting the FSL A320.  Other airliners I have are MJ Q400, Leonardo MD82, PMDG DC-6, A2A L-049.  Seams like I buy more than I fly but to each there own 🙂

Any input is appreciated

Thanks,

Brett

Sounds (flight-deck, cabin and external), effects and flawless integration with ground services, among other things. It is just considerably more immersive, at least for me.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

30 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

Sounds (flight-deck, cabin and external), effects and flawless integration with ground services, among other things. It is just considerably more immersive, at least for me.

Yep it is in other league that simple, as was the level-d in 2006 🙂 But if you love boeing the NGXU is the way to go 😉

Glad to have both back in P3D including the 747, in which all I have real world experience to being upfront, so for me personal that makes it extra special 🙂

Edited by awf
  • Like 3

André

Thanks Guys!

I appreciate the detailed description.  Will likely pick it up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awf said:

as was the level-d in 2006 🙂

I better not imagine where the Level-D 767 could be at this point in time if developed had continued... too depressing!

21 minutes ago, thepilot said:

I better not imagine where the Level-D 767 could be at this point in time if developed had continued... too depressing!

Yep so true!

André

29 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Either way, it's a real bummer that PMDG doesn't embrace things like GSX.  They can make whatever argument they want as to why they don't.

Plus one to all the above, but especially the statement on GSX. This would be easy to implement thanks to the API FSDT have provided for the purpose, so no idea why PMDG doesn’t provide this. 

• Upvote 1

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

21 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

No, and I’ve done the same in my posts, but this thread is overwhelmed by discussion about the FSL bus and seems to have very little discussion from people actively flying the plane the thread is about.

My inital comment was precisely about the NGXu and that it felt lackluster. Some potential improvement areas:

• Better enviromental effects, including icing and snow;
  • Improved sound system, including flight-deck/cabin/external view variations;
  • GSX integration;
  • LNAV tweaks (not totally sure about this, but in the flights I've done so far the LNAV performance seemed sub-optimal).

IMHO, PMDG has (yet again) opened the door for criticism charging such a high premium for what should have been an NGX patch.

I would not be surprised if we end up having to pay for the 777 update bringing PBR, EFB and similar improvements whereas other add-on providers have been providing these features for free.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Reading this thread, I have a feeling I will stay away from NGXU, although I've been an avid PMDG user for many many years. I've also flown NGX since it came out regularly, and NGXU seems like a NGX upgrade at this point, more than a new aircraft. And if I am not mistaken, they removed the $99 MSFS upgrade included, right?

Edited by SimonC

37 minutes ago, SimonC said:

And if I am not mistaken, they removed the $99 MSFS upgrade included, right?

I don’t see any mentions to this in the product page indeed. That’s too bad. The MSFS upgrade was the only reason I’ve bought the NGXu in the first place.