Sign in to follow this  
suncoastflyer

Some cool news from Aerosoft

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/155177-aerosoft-microsoft-flight-simulator-developments/

The important part to gather:

Complex displays, using nonstandard code. P3D V5 standard. There will be video soon, shared in combination with Microsoft. This is code that actually works.

Can I also add, I love the way the displays look. How the light seemingly 'bulges' due to the specs of those displays. Looks great.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Daniel Glover

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Waaah, many of us will be broke few months after MSFS release 😂

• Like 5

i9-9900K OC 5.0ghz, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX 2080Super 

14 minutes ago, tweekz said:

So much to the complaining about complex displays.

Yup.

Just Flight Beta Tester

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.0GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ZOTAC GAMING GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti Triple Fan / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 Motherboard

🤣 

Another stone to the neck of  the scaremongers. 

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals -

This is code that actually works.

Scary.

• Like 4

Ryzen 7 3700X @ 4.4GHz · 16GB DDR4 3600 14-15-15 · nVidia GTX1080Ti · Gigabyte x570i WiFi PRO · Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2 SATA · BenQ Designer PD3200Q VA 32" QHD · NZXT H210i · Fully Watercooled · Seasonic Core 650W 80+ GOLD

38.jpg

In one way I commend AS for being innovative, and it is great to hear they work closely with Asobo. 😃

But will we yet again have to pay for the CRJ in order to fly it in MSFS with the same bugs? Or will they also improve the navigation performance? 

(This is the only aircraft I own that is having issues with flying departures without being extremely off track, been that way since first release in 2017(?))

nw67ik-6.png

i9 9900K , Cooled by Dark Rock Pro 4 | ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM |
EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Fractal Design ARC XL | 4 x Corsair ML140 | NZXT Sentry 3 |

PFC Saab Yoke w. Warthog throttle | 32" Philips 4K Monitor

34 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

But will we yet again have to pay for the CRJ

Not only the CRJ, he mentions that the Airbus 320 also will be made. What version of the A320 is that? We had to pay each time for the upgtrade and now they want us to do it again. No thanks, I don't fly that often so the default will be fine for me. I KNOW that development isn't cheap, but after having bought the previous versions of the A318 -321 series, I've had enough of Aerosof, 

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

If they ever upgrade the BeaverX I'll be more than happy to purchase it again.  The FSX version was still an FS9 vintage add-on.  I had to perform considerable surgery to get it working in P3Dv4.

Hook

• Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

How long before the next complaint heard is... " I can't believe Microsoft wants me to pay for another simulator. I have already paid for FSX  AND MS Flight with tons of problems." 

Personally, I think Aerosoft is taking a BOLD move to keep future costs for ALL third party developers  at a minimum and this can ONLY mean FASTER RTMs for ALL of us.

I applaud their announcement and wish them continued success !  Thanks  Aerosoft 😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Join AOPA - your freedom to fly

16 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

How long before the next complaint heard is... " I can't believe Microsoft wants me to pay for another simulator. I have already paid for FSX  AND MS Flight with tons of problems." 

Personally, I think Aerosoft is taking a BOLD move to keep future costs for ALL third party developers  at a minimum and this can ONLY mean FASTER RTMs for ALL of us.

I applaud their announcement and wish them continued success !  Thanks  Aerosoft 😁

I agree. It’s really simple, if you want an active third party market then be prepared to pay for it... I could understand add ons that are a straightforward port over but we know in most cases there is considerable work being put in.

• Upvote 1

Glad Aerosoft is jumping in deep, but frankly, some of that post is utter gibberish, especially this bit:

'using nonstandard code. P3D V5 standard.'

Aaah, that famous non-standard, standard stuff, with which we are all familiar. 🤣

• Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

14 minutes ago, Chock said:

Glad Aerosoft is jumping in deep, but frankly, some of that post is utter gibberish, especially this bit:

'using nonstandard code. P3D V5 standard.'

Aaah, that famous non-standard, standard stuff, with which we are all familiar. 🤣

... and then followed by: This is code that actually works. - as opposed to ???
Let's hope this is not another Aerosoft Kok-up 🙂

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.8 Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | GeForce GTX1080 8Gb | MoBo: ASUS Maximus IX Hero | RAM: 32Gb DDR4 2666 | SSDs: 500Gb Samsung M.2 EVO960 (Win drive), 240 Gb Kingston HyperX 3K (P3D drive) | Monitor: 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Win 10 Pro 64-Bit | Prepar3d v5.0 Professional | FTX Global, OpenLC EU, NA | ASP3D (Beta) & ASCA | Chaseplane | MSFS (now and then)

Yep! I was thinking exactly the same Alan. What does "P3Dv5 standard" really mean? Is P3Dv5 the gold standard and if so, in what respect??

I was a bit confused by that statement.

Nonetheless , the textures Matthias showed look good but I hope they (Aerosoft) dont sacrifice some of the "niceties" over getting the functional parts of the plane working, including not to mention (but I will!) buggy installers on their P3D Airbus' products.

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5 HF2 & 4.5HF2 | i7-8700K @4.4Ghz | MSI Z370 HD3 Tomahawk | MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor 8Gb |16Gb Corsair 3000Mhz DDR4 DRAM| Samsung EVO 850 500Gb Windows|WD Blue 1Tb SSD SATA disk | Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 2Tb NMVe SSD disk | Asus 32" PB328 2560x1440 |beQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 cooler | beQuiet Silent Base 800 tower  beQuiet Pure Power 10 600W PSU