Sign in to follow this  
Airtrooper

Seasons... or just snow?

1 hour ago, Airtrooper said:

Are any testers out there able to confirm whether or not MSFS default scenery alters with seasons (and not just the addition of snow, which I'd classify as "hard winter")? I'm hoping to see leaves-off in winter, bright greens and blossom in spring, deeper greens in summer and reds, yellows and browns in autumn..

If so, could you post some screenshots or videos please?

Many thanks

have a look here :

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/579015-seasons/?tab=comments#comment-4280669

in the video when asked about seasons one of the guys say that there might be a surprise upon release.... Fingers crossed

Carsten U

43 minutes ago, Pugilist2 said:

The snow is enough for me although it would be nice to see the fall colors on the trees. I'm sure Asobo will add seasons in the near future.

Ditto!

Stan

I hope they have seasons by October. Planned on taking my GA tour to Maine and Bar Harbor area.

Eric 

2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

So maybe we have seasons in 10 years....yawn....

EXACTLY! 

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

2 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

So maybe we have seasons in 10 years....yawn....

Maybe we have seasons in a few months...

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

16 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Maybe we have seasons in a few months...

Who knows who knows?

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 hour ago, RTK1972 said:

have a look here :

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/579015-seasons/?tab=comments#comment-4280669

in the video when asked about seasons one of the guys say that there might be a surprise upon release.... Fingers crossed

I didn’t see them promising seasons for the release... they just asked Callum to try the TRACK IR right now on the Beta and he would be suprised. They implemented Track IR for the beta, as you can see on the patch notes.

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

3 hours ago, Airtrooper said:

Many thanks indeed.

Having that confirmed makes me feel ☹️

Don't worry, you will have different seasons when flying through satellite images taken through different seasons... 😄 Sorry for the useless information.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

It's been high on requests, so i should think it'll happen sometime down the line after launch. It's not as simple as changing the tree colours. Priorities for them right now, i'd imagine are bugs/improvements, important missing features. Then they're also focusing on getting VR & the unconfirmed/confirmed helicopter dlc out as soon as possible. 

I at least think seasons were a good initial trade off in the upgrade from landclass scenery to actual planet Earth. We'll get them back but it won't really affect my flying, Australia doesn't really do 'seasons' 😛 The grass does go a bit yellow in some places but that's about it.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

Seasons would be cool but not a game breaker at launch. It would be kinda cool to fly around in December and see christmas lights and such. 😁😁

• Like 2

I get it....I used to be annoyed with XP11 for not having seasons.  Then I got over it.  Then I tried the alpha of this sim....and I could really care less about seasons.... 

• Like 4

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I get it....I used to be annoyed with XP11 for not having seasons.  Then I got over it.  Then I tried the alpha of this sim....and I could really care less about seasons.... 

Yep. When I'm flying MSFS, the last thing I'm thinking about is "man, I wish had some low-res, generic brown textures on this ground." When MSFS can do seasons right, I want them to do it right. The old ways are done though.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 3

I'm pretty confident that MSFS developers will implement seasons, albeit likely in a more subtle way than having differently colored ground textures like FSX.

My guess is that they will use shading techniques to slightly recolor the terrain, e.g. green fields will be more brownish or yellowish in color in Winter.  I'm guessing that snow cover will solely be based on current weather conditions.

What I'd really like to be able to do is select the season myself on the fly, regardless of the date and location, that way I won't have to rely on an inaccurate date-location-season table like FSX uses.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

10 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

No season. no purchase. Xplanish.

9 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

I actually never bothered playing XP. 😉

Good for you? 🤷‍♂️