Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

I downloaded the full traffic package and don't regret it at all. Yes, it took about one day of my life, to sort it in order, but it deserves it. Everything works fine, i mean Vatsim, Real Time and offline traffic.!!!

Make sure to check AIM once every couple weeks for new flight plans and updates to ones you already have installed.

7 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Make sure to check AIM once every couple weeks for new flight plans and updates to ones you already have installed.

Yep, i will, Boss! And one more question last but not least. What if i already have an installed copy of Prepar3D V5.2 and would use the same models and repaints of AIG. Is that possible?

Edited by LennyPilot

18 minutes ago, LennyPilot said:

Yep, i will, Boss! And one more question last but not least. What if i already have an installed copy of Prepar3D V5.2 and would use the same models and repaints of AIG. Is that possible?

My understanding is no. MSFS and P3D use different texture formats and are not compatible with each other.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Just a point of order regarding AIG and stability.   By default,  windows enforces a 256 character limit on file name paths.

My community folder path is this long, "C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community"

If I dropped AIG into my community folder,  to the above file path it would add "\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_FAIB_A320-200neo_CFM\model.FFT-Frontier Airlines_N362FR Wellington the Black-Footed Ferret

The Frontier aircraft names alone,   just one folder "model.FFT-Frontier Airlines_N362FR Wellington the Black-Footed Ferret"

I enabled the registry tweak to enable longer than 256 character paths,  but it didn't seem to have any affect on my Win 11 install.

So what I did was install AIG to "C:aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" instead of community.    But some of the AIG paints are still FSX native paints,  and the sim will convert them and drop them into your community folder in "aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_".     

So to get around the CVT folder location,  I created a folder with a very short name "C:Msfs Mods".   Then I removed the CVT folder from community,  and placed it in MSFS Mods.    Once that was done I used MSFS Addons Linker to "enable" the CVT folder (the linker basically just hyperlinks a mod folder to the community folder).

One caveat.  The Addons Linker won't be able to recognize the CVT folder as a mod,  and won't enable it.   The work around is to copy the json file from AIG mod folder and temporarily place it in the CVT folder you wish to enable.   This will allow the linker to enable it.   Then you can delete the json after you've finished.

Also,  check and make sure that the manager and controller are both set to run in Admin mode.   Haven't had a crash since.  (SU9 Beta)

2 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

So for someone like myself who mainly uses the MSFS live traffic...is it possible to just simply install the all of the models / liveries without installing all of the flight plans?

I'm in the AI manager right now and I do not see an option to do that. What concerns you? Download time, bandwidth, or drive space?

On my system, the flight plans only make up 75Mb out of the 16.7Gb total for AIG.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

51 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

One caveat.  The Addons Linker won't be able to recognize the CVT folder as a mod,  and won't enable it.   The work around is to copy the json file from AIG mod folder and temporarily place it in the CVT folder you wish to enable.   This will allow the linker to enable it.   Then you can delete the json after you've finished.

I've tried moving the CVT folder before as it can grow quite big. I think mine got to about 4GB last time.

I'll try the json tip. Thanks.

2 hours ago, MDFlier said:

I'm in the AI manager right now and I do not see an option to do that. What concerns you? Download time, bandwidth, or drive space?

On my system, the flight plans only make up 75Mb out of the 16.7Gb total for AIG.  

Nothing concerning...I've had it and all of the flight plans installed before.  I just remember it took a little while to install all of them, so if I didn't need to, I wouldn't.  

23 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

Nothing concerning...I've had it and all of the flight plans installed before.  I just remember it took a little while to install all of them, so if I didn't need to, I wouldn't.  

most of the download time is the models and textures.

Edited by Tuskin38

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

2. Sadly, since some days, I get pretty often struck by a CTD due to the ominous 0xc0000005 error of the flightsimulator.exe. Interestingly only then, if AIG TC runs in the background. Nothing changed in those days, so I really wonder, what is going on now... Never had any CTD so far in MSFS, all of the sudden... Back to no AI traffic I guess... sadly...

Did you let AIG rename the stock traffic file? If so, change it back and turn AI traffic altogether off.

You're running AIG-TC which is offline AIG injected flight plans so there's no need to have msfs traffic set to anything other than off (unless you're running the GA mod too, in which case you still don't want AIG renaming the stock traffic file but rather modifying the layout.json)

Rename the stock traffic file back to original and see if that cures your msfs crashes.

James

3 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Rename the stock traffic file back to original and see if that cures your msfs crashes.

That is what I have since installing the modded GA some months ago. So, thanks but I dont think it is related...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

The trick to downloading the full AIG package with every flight plan is to: 

A) Use the windows shortcut "CTRL+A" to select every flight plan at once.

B) Check the AI-Manager checkbox to "skip manual download".

C) Click the "OCI-Bulk" button and allow the downloader to run overnight while you sleep, until it completes.   

D) At your earliest convenience re-launch AI-Manager and use CTRL+A to select the remaining flight plans,   but do not check the "skip manual downloads" checkbox this time.    Click "OCI-Bulk" to start the process, and then standby and complete the manual download process as required.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Waldo, when the AIG beta first came out there was a Sound file (AITRSP_v1.8 I think) download that was one of the manual downloads. Skipping that meant no sounds with AIG traffic. I don't know if that file is still a manual download or not.

• Like 1

James

8 hours ago, Phantoms said:

Waldo, when the AIG beta first came out there was a Sound file (AITRSP_v1.8 I think) download that was one of the manual downloads. Skipping that meant no sounds with AIG traffic. I don't know if that file is still a manual download or not.

no longer manual download it is hosted at AVSIM at the moment by the developer and he is working on native MSFS sounds

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 4/14/2022 at 9:42 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

Just a point of order regarding AIG and stability.   By default,  windows enforces a 256 character limit on file name paths.

My community folder path is this long, "C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community"

If I dropped AIG into my community folder,  to the above file path it would add "\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta\SimObjects\Airplanes\AIGAIM_FAIB_A320-200neo_CFM\model.FFT-Frontier Airlines_N362FR Wellington the Black-Footed Ferret

The Frontier aircraft names alone,   just one folder "model.FFT-Frontier Airlines_N362FR Wellington the Black-Footed Ferret"

I enabled the registry tweak to enable longer than 256 character paths,  but it didn't seem to have any affect on my Win 11 install.

So what I did was install AIG to "C:aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" instead of community.    But some of the AIG paints are still FSX native paints,  and the sim will convert them and drop them into your community folder in "aig-aitraffic-oci-beta_CVT_".     

So to get around the CVT folder location,  I created a folder with a very short name "C:Msfs Mods".   Then I removed the CVT folder from community,  and placed it in MSFS Mods.    Once that was done I used MSFS Addons Linker to "enable" the CVT folder (the linker basically just hyperlinks a mod folder to the community folder).

Also,  check and make sure that the manager and controller are both set to run in Admin mode.   Haven't had a crash since.  (SU9 Beta)

Aldo,

Thanks for the tip!

Edited by ega
  • Like 1

Edmundo Azevedo