Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatcund

Another Piper Arrow?

Looks like Carenado has a Piper Arrow almost ready as well (source Facebook).  In this case I think it's great because they are doing a recent variant, just looking at the cockpit.  Just Flight is doing an earlier variant.

Both models looks really nice.

• Like 3

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

I just saw that too...any idea what version of the Arrow that is?  I know Just Flight's in the Arrow III (and we'll likely get an Arrow IV in the future I would guess based on previous offerings).

Dave

Current System (Running at 1440p): ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490, i9 10900k @ 5.1Ghz, RTX2080ti, 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, VirtualFly Ruddo+ and TQ6+

I'm rooting for JF one

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

It looks nice 👍

| I9 10900K | 32Gb 3200MHz | RTX 2080 Ti | 1TB M.2 SSD | BenQ EX3501R | TM Hotas Warthog | VKB-SIM T-Rudder Pedals |

I'll go the Just Flight version. No more Carenado + Marketplace fiasco for me.

besides, I had the JF one in FSW and it was great. I'll probably pickup the turbo later too.

Edited by Phantoms

James

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I'm rooting for JF one

Me too. I don't like the newer Piper panels. So boring... piece of sheet metal. The old ones had character. UGLY. But character! This feels like the Mooney. Which I have already. So I thing I'll go JF.

• Like 1

Eddie
KORF

I will also wait for the Justflight one, for sure.

Juan Ramos
Sorry for my bad english

I have the PA44 seminole & Cessna 182.

Piper Arrow Look very nice

But  "Trim Systems" is not good and it ruins everything.

I7 4790K / GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 / KINGSTON 24GB RAM DDR3 1866Hz CL9 HyperX / CORSAIR HYDRO H60 / SSD CRUCIAL M500 480BG / GIGABYTE GTX 1080 G1 GAMING 8GB

Another vote for the Just Flight one. I like JF, and also I like that the variant they've chosen to model is an older one as I think the sim needs some aircraft that are a bit more weathered and classic! Bit more reminiscent of most of the club aircraft I've seen in RL!

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) / Prepar3D v4.5 | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant

Very much agree on first impression, how good is old school? But very interested to see the comparisons when both are out, I'll choose whichever one is best ;)

• Like 1

I will probably buy both.

• Like 1

| I9 10900K | 32Gb 3200MHz | RTX 2080 Ti | 1TB M.2 SSD | BenQ EX3501R | TM Hotas Warthog | VKB-SIM T-Rudder Pedals |

I like the really old ones with the 'Hershey bar' wing.  I think the A2A one was that type. You could almost smell that old leather! 

I think Carenado did a 180 version many years ago. I would have bought that.

Edited by bobcat999

I like to fool airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio!

Intel Core I7 8086 @ 5.1 GHz with water cooling, GTX1080Ti, 32 GB RAM @ 3600 MHz, 2 x Samsung 1 TB NVME M.2.

24 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I like the really old ones with the 'Hershey bar' wing.  I think the A2A one was that type. You could almost smell that old leather! 

I think Carenado did a 180 version many years ago. I would have bought that.

Yes, the one from A2A had the hershey wing. Really stable

• Like 1

Juan Ramos
Sorry for my bad english

13 minutes ago, xender said:

Yes, the one from A2A had the hershey wing. Really stable

It was a Cherokee 180 though not an Arrow 180