Sign in to follow this  
nyfirefly11

TDS Sim releases GTNXi!

I wonder if the Database will be updated periodically, and will it include add on airports?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

It is a standalone executable that runs along Flight Simulator

For $50 USD they better find a way out quick to integrate this thing into panels. No way I'm paying $50 for what is essentially a standalone pop out window

Oh

Virtual Cockpit integration into aircraft is planned, but is currently not possible due to MSFS SDK limitations

I'm also tired of hearing this repeated ad nauseum. You built a standalone executable and not an actual community mod/addon using the SDK at all. What did you think was going to happen?

This is like me complaining notepad.exe can't be integrated into a panel because of SDK limitations. 

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Can it run on an iPad?

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

OK thanks, am not buying that just as a pop up.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

OK thanks, am not buying that just as a pop up.

Exactly. What's the point? A pop out window open with a GTNXi yet your planes cockpit is showing a GNS 530. Talk about taking away from the immersion of simulation. This seems to only appeal to a very niche market of home cockpit builders who fly fullscreen without a virtual cockpit and that's only if it does everything it says it does on the tin flawlessly. 

• Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

So what happens if you buy this and Asobo never makes it possible for it to be integrated into the VC? Seems like a bad buy. 

1 hour ago, styckx said:

For $50 USD they better find a way out quick to integrate this thing into panels. No way I'm paying $50 for what is essentially a standalone pop out window

I always thought that it was up to the aircraft dev to integrate those gtn or gns units. We just need to hope that one of our talented members will come up with a way to integrate this or the RXP version when its finally released.

BTW, I think that the price is better than the original price posted. Good idea to offer a lower introductory price.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

I always thought that it was up to the aircraft dev to integrate those gtn or gns units. We just need to hope that one of our talented members will come up with a way to integrate this or the RXP version when its finally released.

BTW, I think that the price is better than the original price posted. Good idea to offer a lower introductory price.

The company should hire one of the talented members to integrate this into the panel, before putting it on sale. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

The company should hire one of the talented members to integrate this into the panel, before putting it on sale. 

I'm very conflicted over this unit.

The angel on one shoulder says these guys mean well and are just a little misguided with good intentions and took the wrong direction. Hey listen, it happens. I try to be opened minded with newcomers 

The devil on the other says I've been down this road before way too many times. The cash in simulators an appealing one and we've all seen so many times we'd be rich if we had a nickel for each one. SimMarket style marketing (doing all they can to minimize the fact this is a pop out GPS without completely not entirely mentioning it. BUT *INSERT COOL SCREENSHOTS*) except they skipped SimMarket and dumped money into their own modern looking, fancy website which when you strip it down to the bare bones. This is just another one of those SimMarket products that over promises and it's yet to be determined if it even delivers.. 

1 hour ago, styckx said:

I'm also tired of hearing this repeated ad nauseum. You built a standalone executable and not an actual community mod/addon using the SDK at all. What did you think was going to happen?

This is like me complaining notepad.exe can't be integrated into a panel because of SDK limitations. 

This SDK topic became an excuse for these developers. We know that is not truth and it is becoming tiring to hear this symphony of "SDK is not ready" 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

This has already been out for a while.  There was a huge thread on it.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/600557-tds-sim-gtnxi-coming-for-msfs/

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

This SDK topic became an excuse for these developers. We know that is not truth and it is becoming tiring to hear this symphony of "SDK is not ready" 

Thank you for supporting my disdain for this excuse. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about it.  If it's not ready.

WHY ARE YOU PUBLISHING AND CHARGING MONEY FOR A PRODUCT THAT DOESN"T DO WHAT YOU PUT THE PRICE TAG ON DESPITE IT.

Such a despicable practice. 

It makes sense for panel/cockpit builders who run it on a separate (touch)screen alongside Saitek FIPs, Saitek Panels and similar gear like I do. Albeit we are certainly a small minority among the user base. Plus, it doesn't work unter VR yet (granted, another small minority) right now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11