Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Navigraph — Worth the Money?

Hell yeah from me too

The Simlink integration with the CJ4, G1000/3000, and the sim itself in the menus is worth the entry fee.

You're not just paying for monthly up to date nav data but a high level of essential integration for anyone really.

You can totally manage without but as I said it's really worth having this is adds the sense of immersion to have this all at your fingertips in flight, if that's important to you of course.

ray

1 hour ago, stratone said:

The update you mentioned was the first one !

And how should we call that? Misinformation or disinformation? 

Care to check facts please?

Edited by Jean-Claude
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jean-Claude said:

And how should we call that? Misinformation or disinformation? 

Care to check facts?

Calm down guys ..... there was already a discussion in another thread about it, including a comparison between both. How long did it take for MSFS to be now on pair (relative) except some essential differences ? Because we got every month an update?

Not that I have any information about the contract between BlueNav and MSFS (ASOBO) but: In generell we are talking here about big business. BlueNav is a big player in the business too. But for professionals, not for simmers. Only as an exemple from Jeppesen: navdata and charts (depending on the deivces too) SE Asia ~ 1600 Euro, Europe ~ 1300 Euro, US ~ 900 Euro. Garmin and others, all in the same price range.  

And you mean we get a monthly cycle update from BlueNav for MSFS for nothing, because we bought MSFS? 

Why so many are using Navigraph and are paying for it ? They know why and the difference is still there. 

Beside the charts I do not have in MSFS, after the last update including the navdata from BlueNav - I still do not have the introdused SID for "my" home airport in MSFS when I "switch off" navigraph. These SID's are valid since begin of February. With Navigraph I got them with the cycle end of February. Only one exemple. And there is nearly no airport in my region there I have all or have exact procedures like published in the AIP when I use MSFS without Navigraph.

Conclusion: If you want charts and cycle updated navdata for MSFS - Navigraph. There are others too, but only navigraph offers the integration into MSFS with the app. 

Best regards

One question about Navigraph:

The way I understand it, it also changes the underlying MSFS navaid and procedure database with current and updated info.

Does this play well with addon airports that might use their own updated frequencies, procedures and such? Which one takes precedence if there's a conflict between different datasets?

6 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

Bob, you do need to have a Navigraph or Navdata Pro subscription though if you want an updated database unfortunately. You can also run Aivlasoft EFB after establishing one database into the server, so a one time subscription will do if you dont mind having an outdated database afterward.

Personally, i find it a bit silly to have to buy another database when there is one in the sim that is updated every month! I recently read a comparison between NavBlue and Navigraph, it appears that only ILSs are not all there yet in NavBlue, but otherwise the databases are now equivalent. I did bring this point to Aivlasoft who replied they cannot have access to MSFS database.

Data bases don't change that much from one to another. EFB learns the database that you have in the sim, and that is all you really need.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Worth evey penny. If you have an iPad it all works so well on there also.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks All!  Great comments and feed back.  I am going to purchase it, was really trying to justify the ultimate package.  I will try it for a couple of months and see how it goes.

I have used it before and it was good as far as providing FMS data. 

Are the charts available in the sim? Or just via an external viewer.  This forum is the best!

Thanks again!

7 hours ago, Jean-Claude said:

I did bring this point to Aivlasoft who replied they cannot have access to MSFS database.

Silly, since LittleNavMap does...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, stratone said:

Really?  Without Navigraph you won't have actual charts and navdata with Avliasoft EFB. Why they have integrated Navigraph recently.

For all others -  I have a Navigraph subsciption since X-Plane 9. At least for my kind of flying, actual navdata and charts are essential for me. Not only for preparation, sometimes more time consuming  than for the flight itself, much more important for flying online. It starts on most airports with taxiing. Where is this fricking TWY the ATC (VATSIM/IVAO eg.)  is talking about? MSFS has no clue ...

And do not forget - there are a lot of simmers like me not flying in the US (or only). It is not so easy then to get the actual data and charts. At least not in this comfortable way Navigraph offers.     

Best regards 

Can't argue with you, it is obvious to me you never used EFB, so you don't get it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Does this play well with addon airports that might use their own updated frequencies, procedures and such? Which one takes precedence if there's a conflict between different datasets?

Sometimes you may need to reorder your content.XML file.

• Like 1

How's the VR implementation? I saw this was added recently.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, stratone said:

And you mean we get a monthly cycle update from BlueNav for MSFS for nothing, because we bought MSFS? 

Why so many are using Navigraph and are paying for it ? They know why and the difference is still there. 

Beside the charts I do not have in MSFS, after the last update including the navdata from BlueNav - I still do not have the introdused SID for "my" home airport in MSFS when I "switch off" navigraph. These SID's are valid since begin of February. With Navigraph I got them with the cycle end of February. Only one exemple. And there is nearly no airport in my region there I have all or have exact procedures like published in the AIP when I use MSFS without Navigraph.

Conclusion: If you want charts and cycle updated navdata for MSFS - Navigraph. There are others too, but only navigraph offers the integration into MSFS with the app. 

Best regards

Stepping in, I realize that the nav data that NavBlue provides is incomplete at some locations: some Canadian airports don’t have any kind of procedures in the sim where IRL they have multiple RNAV approaches. It does boggle my mind and frustrate me that this data is missing, but I refuse to buy Navigraph data to replace the sim’s default Nav Data.

Simply put, if the data is incomplete, the onus is on Asobo and NavBlue to rectify the situation. Not on us users to depend on 3rd party apps and providers to resolve an issue with the core sim data.

Charts are great until Charts+ gets integrated in the sim, but nav data is simply something that comes with the sim, and we shouldn’t have to depend on Navigraph to fill the gap that NavBlue left.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skyseek said:

Are the charts available in the sim? Or just via an external viewer.

Some planes you can get the charts up on the PFD/MFD e.g. with the TBM 930 you can bring up the charts on the G3000 which works nicely. I usually keep the moving map and approach plate on the browser / Android app but I use the G3000 for taxiway navigation. But you can bring up any chart you want on the G3000 if you like. It's the same for the GTN750. 

The actual charts themselves then you can't view in the sim if it's not on the plane PFD/MFD e.g. if you're in the flight planning screen. So you'll do your flight plan externally in Navigraph and then export a .pln file which you then load when in MSFS. All the Nav points will then be in your flight plan in MSFS as Navigraph has synced them up.

15 hours ago, Skyseek said:

It’s been awhile since I subscribed to Navigraph.  Looks like it has changed..  they have a $75 Euro year $8 Euro per month ultimate package, or just the FMS data package..

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Do you fly IFR? Then yes. And as a real-world pilot, I’m astounded at the pricing. Worldwide Jepp charts would cost you at least $1,500 a year. I pay $200 a year just for the US. 

Having access to the navigraph desktop charts has been invaluable to me, and I've been a subscriber to Navigraph for many years. It saves me time, I dont have to search around the web to *maybe* find the charts I need. Now I always have access to them. I dont use the nav database (beta) because I am an event organizer for a bush plane gang flying south America, and having different version of the nav database just causes a lot of issues. 

I dont have any issues using just the charts from Navigraph and navblue for the database. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78