Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix A320, high fidelity airliner, is being released

1 hour ago, mazex said:

You have quite a few words on loan (lån) from us that we come to recollect! We jump into the longships now and might arrive on Torsdag or Fredag! 🙂

Fyfaaaaaan! 🤣 (Hasn't made it into English but it really should, maybe you can bring it with you this time?)

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

How did this thread about a high quality A320 addon divert into a conversation about whether MS will support satellite imagery more than two years? 😄

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

8 minutes ago, tweekz said:

How did this thread about a high quality A320 addon divert into a conversation about whether MS will support satellite imagery more than two years? 😄

You must be new to Avsim 🤣

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

Not much newer than you. 😛 I am actually surprised that certain "MSFS is a toy" users are so silent... or maybe it's cause some of them are on ignore... well... 😄

• Like 7

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 minute ago, tweekz said:

Not much newer than you. 😛 I am actually surprised that certain "MSFS is a toy" users are so silent... or maybe it's cause some of them are on ignore... well... 😄

Oh no please don't wish them to come back, it is too much of headache to argue with them 😅

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

2 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Oh, give them time. They’re just regrouping while they move the goalposts of their arguments.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Oh, give them time. They’re just regrouping while they move the goalposts of their arguments.

I know how it'll run down:

It was the same with MSFS when it was announced. Everyone claimed XP & P3D are done. Now look at where we are. MSFS is a screenshot simulator that flies like GTA. Same will probably apply to this Fenix project. All just marketing hype.

Oh well... and here I go. Complaining about diverting the topic and then contributing to it. 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

So, I guess, this is where pilots are putting their keys before starting :

Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-20

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, bendead said:

So, I guess, this is where pilots are putting their keys before starting :

One invariably rests the palm of the hand there when operating the speedbrake.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Quoted image removed.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, tweekz said:

MSFS is a screenshot simulator that flies like GTA. Same will probably apply to this Fenix project. All just marketing hype.

Most people most likely won't even be able to start the engines of the PMDG DC-6 🤪GTA, comm' on dude.😁

Edited by 737_800

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

Out of 200 millions of Windows 10 users and about 1 billion of all Windows versions combined ? Pittance, basically a rounding error... 

Not to mention they are most likely leveraging virtual compute and just spin up as resource requirements scale.  Considering they own the virtual compute environment (Azure) as well as the DC's to your point it is a rounding error. 

Thinking they will cut off streaming in 2 years is ludicrous considering the exponential bandwidth and computing scale growth transpiring right now.   If anything even more will be streamed "OnDemand" or cloud hosted in 2 years.  What a ridiculous random speculation.  What else can we pull out of thin air for potential reasons why MSFS will fail?     There is a FAR higher likelihood another sim gets pulled from the consumer market altogether and returned to strictly commercial customers than MSFS shutting down streaming if we are makin gup random speculations.  

Edited by psolk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

2 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

Google earth has been in business for what - nearly 20 years? Providing high quality satellite imagery for free.

It is a fallacy to think google provides anything for free. You just don't pay them with your money.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

It is a fallacy to think google provides anything for free. You just don't pay them with your money.

Google Earth has been running for almost 20 years is my point.

1 hour ago, omarsmak30 said:

Pretty soon it will turn into a rant about "not enough trees"....

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310