Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

1 minute ago, Concodroid said:

Fair enough, and I can see where you're coming from. All we've done is yell at them for a year, and that's worked, so why stop?

The results speak for itself. Any other time they break something they pile it on the to do list. Asobo dont generally do hotfixes and the outcry this week in my opinion was unprecedented. The last time a hotfix was issued was when they borked the controllers and the sim wouldn't start,

Not going any further than that .. Have stuff to do.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

You have a vivid imagination and seem to be a master of the art of selective reading.😄

I didn't direct my comments to anyone in particular, but here you respond to me personally with such compliments - thanks!   I am genuinely grateful.  So, it looks like the honeypot did its trick and drew the correct catch...  Again.  At least it wasn't wasted. 

I am wondering if that sentence was generated by AI actually, or a fortune cookie...  Yes, it looks like one of those.   Anyway, round and round we go - still plenty of buns left!  :laugh:

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I'm afraid the fixes won't carry over to DEV mode though, but maybe I am wrong.
I am assuming those will come much later in SU 6.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

30 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

the actions themselves are insulting. Claiming this whole thing a conspiracy to to make the PC version match the x-box visually is insulting.

No sir, you can't redefine words as you prefer.

There are facts. The XBox version came out, and our PC "upgrade" was actually a bugged downgrade. This is officially confirmed.

Since they have eyes and they know their job, they were aware of that at least a few days before release.

They chose to call it a great performance improvement, and forgot to say that there were problems, but they would fix them in time.

Those few words, BEFORE releasing SU5, would have changed everything. Instead, they waited more days before acknowledging the issues. 

I am not insulting anyone, when I say that the XBox deadline delivered us a clunky release with downgraded graphics. I am just saying the obvious. And since they tried to sell it as an improvement, I have all rights to be suspicious.

To be honest, I really think that the guys from Asobo are good lads with a lot of passion, and that some communication flukes came from above. But this doesn't change anything.

It is not insulting. It's reality.

A.

Edited by ADamiani
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I didn't direct my comments to anyone in particular, but here you respond to me personally with such compliments - thanks! :laugh:

That is the root of their problem, they keep making it personal instead of just replying to the thread. It's like politics and they are throwing endless mud. Even if MSFS started taking bitcoin in the marketplace, and say there was some bitcoin bug where people lost their transactions, even if we later find the bug and say its months later and Bitcoin has gone up 500x in price, and everyone is now millionaires. They'd still find a way to throw mud, that is what they do, they literally love rolling in the mud.

We have to accept it is the NORM now.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 2

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

2 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

That is the root of their problem, they keep making it personal and then blaming us for responding back. As I noted earlier, it's just human nature, it's like politics and they are throwing endless mud. Even if MSFS started taking bitcoin in the marketplace, and say there was some bitcoin bug where people lost their transactions, even if we later find the bug and say its months later and Bitcoin has gone up 500x in price, and everyone is now millionaires. They'd still find a way to throw mud, that is what they do, they literally love rolling in the mud.

We have to accept it is the NORM now.

Rolling in the mud... spot on!   Meanwhile, the likes of you and RXP are trying really hard to get to the bottom of some of these texture / settings problems for the benefit of the community.  Sincere thanks for that!   

• Like 4

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

After trawling through 13 pages of treacle one could be forgiven for forgetting if the OP announced good news or bad. I shall have to read it again for confirmation. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

21 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

There were a few, but the majority of us were just reporting our findings. I opened a thread up at one point and it got spammed into oblivion before i could even respond to the topic, so I just let the thread die.

So yes, i have to say --- I agree with you --- that there is NO comparison that those of us reporting issues were hammered constantly and for days. I am sure some of my responses were curt (never insulting), but it was after taking 6 days of abuse. So I have a pretty freaking clean conscience IMO.

I agree, you were on the proverbial hit list by many for your views that something wasn't right about SU5. Like they were going to teach you a lesson  for speaking up. Notice how this hit squad is suddenly silent? 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

/Ideal world mode ON

- Devs acknowledge bugs and downgrades.

Deniers: "Whoops ... Sorry guys, looks like you were right from the beginning, you were not whiners, old AVSIM grumpies, secret agents, and all the rest. Now let's push together for a great fix and update!"

/Ideal world mode OFF

Impossible, I know.

A.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

It might be me, but as I understand it, there will be a hotfix in 3-4 days, probable subsequent ones and definitely one with WU6.

Over the past three or four months I have had issues with MSFS freezing on me.  Not CTDs.  Not system wide lockups.  Just MSFS freezing.  I removed every trace of MSFS I could find in preparation for SU5.  As I sit here and watch what is going on I am determined to totally refrain from completing a fresh install only then to have hotfix after hotfix or update or update attempt to patch or repair MSFS.  So the notion of a hotfix in 3-4 days, probable subsequent ones, and then something definitely with say WU6 is expressly what I wish to avoid.  Avoid.  Expressly.  I will wait this out and fly what else I have to fly.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Goat alert!..  :unsure:

6 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Now let's push together for a great fix and update!

How about a solid, issue free, fresh iteration of this product from the ground up instead of layers of updates and hotfixes?    

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

my bad.

Welcome to the world of products that are updated monthly. Stuff happens, just like in the real world

Maybe an X-Box Series X/S Preset to go along with the Low/Medium/High/Ultra presets.

I hope in future when those of us with issues complain, the rest will leave the threads alone.  Those discussions were read by MS and are being addressed - fantastic!

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
spelling
  • Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home