Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Regarding Your Feedback + Upcoming Hotfix

1 hour ago, bean_sprout said:

Oh and the most important thing I learned as a developer about 20 years ago is don't expect gratitude.

Regards

bs

True in most corporate environments...🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Anyone who used the term "gaslighting" in relation to SU5 reaction should hang their head in shame. Gaslighting is serious psychological abuse and vulnerable victims are often trapped in the situation; it's not a term to be bandied about because someone replies to a comment saying "I don't have that issue myself". You know who you are.

And @kaosfere, who I also saw was not impressed with the use of this word in this context.

Yes, I admit, I was one of the ones that used the word out of frustration for being referred to a a winger and a cry baby for stating that I thought the lighting looked different, and that I didn't particularly like it. 
I felt I was made to feel bad for expressing an opinion in what I thought was quite a reasonable manner.  I then responded to some of those people throwing the ridicule about by using that phrase.

Anyway, after Ckyliu's comment, I wondered about the strength of the reaction to it, and looked into the meaning of the word, which I picked up in casual usage, and discovered I used it severely out of context due to my lack of understanding.

I should never have used this word for something so trivial, when I can see it refers to people who have been treated in an appalling way physiologically.
I can only be thankful I have never come across a situation such as this myself.  The petty insults thrown around on here would be like being showered in popcorn in comparison.

My original perception was that it could be used in a situation where someone was trying deny what you are seeing, or try to pull the wool over your eyes.  I see know that it refers to situations that are a world away from this on the scale of seriousness.

I apologise - and also to anyone else who was quite rightly offended by the use of the word in that context.

I will also add that, although we are a passionate bunch, I have found the way that passion has come out over the last few days to be an embarrassment to some degree.   Very sad over a flight sim, and it doesn't reflect well on quite a few of us. 
The sim will get fixed up just nice I am sure, I can only hope the general atmosphere on the forum does also.  Here is my first gesture.

• Like 8

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

And @kaosfere, who I also saw was not impressed with the use of this word in this context.

Yes, I admit, I was one of the ones that used the word out of frustration for being referred to a a winger and a cry baby for stating that I thought the lighting looked different, and that I didn't particularly like it. 
I felt I was made to feel bad for expressing an opinion in what I thought was quite a reasonable manner.  I then responded to some of those people throwing the ridicule about by using that phrase.

Anyway, after Ckyliu's comment, I wondered about the strength of the reaction to it, and looked into the meaning of the word, which I picked up in casual usage, and discovered I used it severely out of context due to my lack of understanding.

I should never have used this word for something so trivial, when I can see it refers to people who have been treated in an appalling way physiologically.
I can only be thankful I have never come across a situation such as this myself.  The petty insults thrown around on here would be like being showered in popcorn in comparison.

My original perception was that it could be used in a situation where someone was trying deny what you are seeing, or try to pull the wool over your eyes.  I see know that it refers to situations that are a world away from this on the scale of seriousness.

I apologise - and also to anyone else who was quite rightly offended by the use of the word in that context.

I will also add that, although we are a passionate bunch, I have found the way that passion has come out over the last few days to be an embarrassment to some degree.   Very sad over a flight sim, and it doesn't reflect well on quite a few of us. 
The sim will get fixed up just nice I am sure, I can only hope the general atmosphere on the forum does also.  Here is my first gesture.

What ever happened to BS Artist? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

anyone had the scrolling world map bug - which makes it impossible to click on an airport and select Departure etc?

Maybe 2-3 times in the last week.

Edited by Tuskin38

5 hours ago, ADamiani said:

Sir, if you quote, do it accurately. I never wrote "This is like 1984". I wrote a quote from Orwell and then added that pushing the SU5 "update" with the only comment that it was a great improvement in FPS (and saying nothing about all the rest) was like "raising the weekly ration of chocolate from 30 to 20 grammes".

As anyone can see, it is NOT the same thing. 

The sentence "Microsoft / Asobo are acting like communist dictators" that you quote is nonexistent as far as I remember. Maybe you can point me to the post where it was written. Please do.

Insults (word not allowed in you quotation) toward deniers have not been written in this forum. Again, if I am wrong, point me to the offending post.

The technique of quoting nonexistent stuff is well known. It is also unacceptable in a forum. When you put "" around words, there can be no approximation.

One thing escapes me: if the devs themselves proved you deniers wrong, why don't you relax?

A.

Yes, I can see I made a rod for my own back by using quotation marks. Punctuation isn't my field but will endeavor to do better to uphold the high standards of the forum.

Lexis however, is, which is why I was careful to hedge that comments were "actually or substantially" so. Out of all the millions of possible things you could have quoted, your 1984 quote was quite deliberate and I think you're being (ironically, given the nature of the quote) evasive in trying to deny the comparison between SU5 and Orwell. Rejected.

Unfortunately Avsim's search function is utterly useless and so I can't find the post about controlling us like communist dictators. It does, or did, exist but feel free to dismiss.

Given your implication that you read and remember all posts ("The sentence...that you quote is nonexistent as far as I remember") it's surprising you so strongly claim that insults towards "deniers" have not been written in this forum, given that the insult was a pretty direct quote from a thread you yourself were active in!

Finally, this stuff about "you deniers". You really need to stop with that. I and others were very clear that although we were seeing good things, we did not deny that others were seeing bad things or that there no problems. It's not only wrong, it's aggressively wrong and leads to exactly the kind of behaviour I referred to earlier.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

27 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Maybe 2-3 times in the last week.

Do you have an xbox joystick? If so, try moving the sticks, the right stick

Juan Ramos

9 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Lexis however, is, which is why I was careful to hedge that comments were "actually or substantially" so. Out of all the millions of possible things you could have quoted, your 1984 quote was quite deliberate and I think you're being (ironically, given the nature of the quote) evasive in trying to deny the comparison between SU5 and Orwell. Rejected.

You guys crack me up!

bs

• Like 1

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

You guys crack me up!

bs

I think you misspelled ‘irritate us with your pomposity’.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

As John Goodman would say: J ******* s

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Personally I’m not offended by it, just think there are lots of good reasons not to use it freely, unthinkingly, or even ‘willy nilly’ as my dear old departed Nan would say. 

We’re all learning, mate.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Anyone who used the term "gaslighting" in relation to SU5 reaction should hang their head in shame. Gaslighting is serious psychological abuse and vulnerable victims are often trapped in the situation; it's not a term to be bandied about because someone replies to a comment saying "I don't have that issue myself". You know who you are.

As someone who was a victim of serious gaslighting that nearly left me dead, I have no issue with anyone using that term in reference to SU5 to describe the persistent effort of a single individual to convince another person that something that isn't happening for them, is instead actually happening for them and that they are just not observant enough to notice. I used it for that purpose, and I will not be hanging my head in shame for doing so.  Generally speaking, though, I agree with you that it's inappropriate to carelessly throw that word around.  

Edited by Troyair One
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

Yes, I can see I made a rod for my own back by using quotation marks. Punctuation isn't my field but will endeavor to do better to uphold the high standards of the forum.

Unfortunately Avsim's search function is utterly useless and so I can't find the post about controlling us like communist dictators. It does, or did, exist but feel free to dismiss.

Given your implication that you read and remember all posts ("The sentence...that you quote is nonexistent as far as I remember") it's surprising you so strongly claim that insults towards "deniers" have not been written in this forum, given that the insult was a pretty direct quote from a thread you yourself were active in!

Finally, this stuff about "you deniers". You really need to stop with that. I and others were very clear that although we were seeing good things, we did not deny that others were seeing bad things or that there no problems. It's not only wrong, it's aggressively wrong and leads to exactly the kind of behaviour I referred to earlier.

And who do you think you are exactly? My Orwell quote was exactly what it was and you can't turn it around. Rejected WHAT? 

You found one post from this side (unfortunately two opposite sides exist now in this forum, and it will take a while to go back to normal), that is, in my opinion, wrong and excessive. From that side we have been given all sort of names. Have a sense of proportion please.

You are not one of the deniers? Ok, noted, I believe you. But if you use the search function you will see that there were a lot. And that they were not being nice towards those with issues. As if a flightsim forum should be reserved to those who praise the almighty creators of MSFS and not be a place where people search for help when their sim behaves erratically.

I really hope this is not an attempt to rewrite what happened in this last week. Just to help someone with a weak memory: those who said that they had had two ctd in eleven months (like me for instance) and after SU5 they had ctd's one after the other, were told that it was their computers, the overclock, the ini files, the community folder and whatnot, but not SU5. To those who said the sim didn't look ok, the answer was on the tune of "never looked so great". Those who thought there was a connection between this rushed "upgrade" and the XBox deadline were called "whiners" and accused of being paid by MSFS enemies (yes it happened: check it out).

Final note: never tell me what I need to do again. If I go against the rules there are mods to tell me. In any case, you have no authority to give me orders. I hope this is clear.

Have a nice life.

\ignore scotchegg on

A.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I don't recall any PC user asking for a 70% FPS increase?

This is just getting ridiculous. People have been complaining about performance here since launch date …

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FlyingInACessna said:

This is just getting ridiculous. People have been complaining about performance here since launch date …

True. But not 70%! It's ridiculously excessive and not worth the graphical degrade imo. Any one who wanted better performance had only to lower their settings. Hopefully after the patch performance will still have improved a bit and the graphics will be restored to the standard we are used to.

Edited by jarmstro

So, I've been out all day. Do we have an update if the hotfix is scheduled for tomorrow or if it will indeed slip to Monday?