Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Jörg Neumann regarding World Update 6 and future DLC

3 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

We are committed to bringing helicopters into the sim in 2022, but honestly, it’s going to be late 2022 given that it’s complicated.

Please put your best effort into bringing us a reliable version of helicopters, we'll be looking forward to it. MSFS is the perfect playground for this type of aircraft.

It really starts to bother me ! No proper AAaliasing (ON 4K100 I clearly see jaggies )- No proper shadowing in and out (Cockpit and far distance building shadows are really poor ) - No proper clouds (Pixels everywhere) and we're still focusing on DLC's.

First give a stable sim then focus on other stuff. It really starts to make me nervous. 

Edited by Tayyareci
  • Like 5

Faruk IŞIK

12 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

The suggestion here is the delay was more about getting the Photogrammetry right (which is nice to have but I don’t care so much about) rather than resolving the CTDs and getting the sim to be stable.

You may or may not believe me, I had 1 (one) CTD and 1 (one) hang during loading since SU5. The latter was caused by an incompatible addon, the former probably by clicking too wildly on the Flight Planner Map. No CTD during flight at all, and I use tons of addons (selective via the Linker, of course).

Of course I feel for those being plagued by CTDs and Asobo must resolve them undoubtedly, but there are just different experiences. Perhaps I don't fly >3 hours daily as some others here and no airliners, but nearly daily for half an hour or an hour GA planes or copters, often under VR, btw. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 3

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, Chock said:

All such interviews are, generally speaking, for marketing purposes, and there would be unlikely to be any questions about a previous update when the topic of the interview was about update 6, helicopters, racing, Top Gun tie-in and other stuff along those lines. 

Fully agree Alan. However, I still believe in calling them out on their silence about the downgrade especially when they are talking up how great the sim is. Unfortunately these days this type of marketing is to be expected but as I consider myself not belonging to the sheeple, I believe in calling a spade a spade. If no one did, we'd be living in a rather dystopian world (more than it already has become). Take investigative journalism for example and what a shambles that has become. Any kind of accurate, independent or rigerous investigative journalism is virtually non-existant in 2021 certainly when compared with recent decades. So I kind of believe in calling things for how they are.

Few things in life are black or white however. Of course there are huge positives to the sim and I am looking forward to some of the upcoming updates. However just because one part is good, doesn't mean we should be silenced over the parts that are really not so good, especially when they were considerably better before, at least for some of us. And then there's the many outstanding issues not functioning correctly since release.

I believe if there was a real respect by MS to the community, they should stop only dishing out the marketing spiel and address the SU5 and other issues. But of course, it's about 💲

Edited by steve310002
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Tayyareci said:

It really starts to bother me ! No proper AAaliasing (ON 4K100 I clearly see jaggies )- No proper shadowing in and out (Cockpit and far distance building shadows are really poor ) - No proper clouds (Pixels everywhere) and we're still focusing on DLC's.

First give a stable sim then focus on other stuff. It really starts to make me nervous. 

It's crazy how much the experience varies for different people,  because I don't see jaggies on my 48" 4k that sits a meter from my face,   I have beautiful cockpit shadows and reflections,  and the scenery and clouds look fantastic.   And,  it's stable.   So frustrating,  I feel bad for the people who can't experience it with us.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

bou

13 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

Fully agree Alan. However, I still believe in calling them out on their silence about the downgrade especially when they are talking up how great the sim is. Unfortunately these days this type of marketing is to be expected but as I consider myself not belonging to the sheeple, I believe in calling a spade a spade. If no one did, we'd be living in a rather dystopian world (more than it already has become). Take investigative journalism for example and what a shambles that has become. Any kind of accurate, independent or rigerous investigative journalism is virtually non-existant in 2021 certainly when compared with recent decades. So I kind of believe in calling things for how they are.

Few things in life are black or white however. Of course there are huge positives to the sim and I am looking forward to some of the upcoming updates. However just because one part is good, doesn't mean we should be silenced over the parts that are really not so good, especially when they were considerably better before, at least for some of us. And then there's the many outstanding issues not functioning correctly since release.

I believe if there was a real respect by MS to the community, they should stop only dishing out the marketing spiel and address the SU5 and other issues. But of course, it's about 💲

What silence?  They have not been silent about the downgrade.  They publicly stated,  many times,  that it was unintentional.   They stated their clear plans to not only revert it, but to improve it, and also give slider options.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, pmb said:

You may or may not believe me, I had 1 (one) CTD and 1 (one) hang during loading since SU5. The latter was caused by an incompatible addon, the former probably by clicking too wildly on the Flight Planner Map. No CTD during flight at all, and I use tons of addons (selective via the Linker, of course).

Of course I feel for those being plagued by CTDs and Asobo must resolve them undoubtedly, but there are just different experiences. Perhaps I don't fly >3 hours daily as some others here and no airliners, but nearly daily for half an hour or an hour GA planes or copters, often under VR, btw. 

Kind regards, Michael

Same. Looks beautiful,  doesn't crash.   However,  I have purchased or downloaded free content which caused texture issues,  ctd's,  and frozen loading screens.  If I want to,  I can make it crash by just installing some of the mods that I already have.

/Which is why I download strictly SU5 compatible content from Flightsim.to,   because they list whether content is compliant or not.    And if you log in,   you can follow anything and get notifications when any updates are posted.   If you log in,   it will show you the last version you downloaded.    And there is also a changelog tab,  so you can see if you need to bother with an update or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chock said:

I doubt there'll be a livery of of D-2600 Immelmann II, or any of those late-thirties Lufthansa ones with a contemporary livery, for obvious reasons!

Then that leaves more or less the Swiss ones.

And the Swiss Ju Air has lost quite a bit of credibility here in Switzerland since these cowboys crashed one in the Alps (I am that harsh because the accident report contains a long list of flights during which basic safety rules for Alpine flying were violated). Its a pity, that they pretty likely will never fly again...

33 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

You should not take yourself, the community and/or this game to serious.

• Like 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

43 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

believe if there was a real respect by MS to the community, they should stop only dishing out the marketing spiel and address the SU5 and other issues. But of course, it's about 💲

That’s for Q&A streams and the official forums, not offsite interviews 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Interesting to get an insight into just how much lead time there is in developing the world updates, DLCs etc.  Also makes it very clear why the DLCs push toward release when there are still bugs in the sim…the two timelines are not related.

Exactly - this is a massive team with very long lead times (also explains the numerous parallel builds). Hoping the base sim will become semi-stabilized, which will make the build foundation a bit more solid.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The alps in this update are the difference between night and day. 30m – now 1-2m resolution. It’s near perfect.

As long as their not shapeshifting / morphing in front of our eyes, then brilliant! 

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

You should not take yourself, the community and/or this game to serious.

Hah, believe me, I absolutely don't. Water off a ducks back. However, like for many, we invest a lot of time and money into our hobby and expect at a very minimum that what we paid for (and in terms of addons and rigs) does not regress to the current state it's now in.

Now, how dare you call this a game. It's a sim don't you know 😂🤣😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rayharris108 said:

Agreed, but what we might be after isn’t a full explanation, but maybe further reassurance that these issues are being addressed (they already referred to CTDs v briefly a few weeks ago) and that we are confident they are resolved for WU6.

When I'm thinking about engaging in a debate with someone about a contentious concept -- especially online, but in person, too -- one thing I learned long ago to do early is ask "what would it take to change your mind?"    If you can't get a precise answer from someone as to what their threshold for convincing is, it's not worth your time even getting started, because they're not really interested in the debate, they just want a fight.

Similarly, without making any assumptions about your motives, for the sake of the discussion I feel compelled here to ask you what degree of "further reassurance" would satisfy you.   They have acknowledged a few unintentional regressions, the main ones of which have already been fixed.  They have promised there is more improvement to come, including the cache slider which will help with the pop-in.  They have said they are focusing on CTD issues and fixed a few in the post-release hotfix, with more to come.  What reasonable thing hasn't been said that will make you feel sufficiently reassured?   Or how many times do they need to say the same thing for it to be credible enough for you?  That's a sincere question.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

As long as their not shapeshifting / morphing in front of our eyes, then brilliant! 

Yes, my thoughts as well.

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.