Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Really looking forward to the update this week!..

14 minutes ago, sightseer said:

EVGA GTX 1070

Strange!  That card seems to be DX12 ultimate compatible when Googling it.  I think it is only the graphics card that is relevant to this, so you may want to check again.  You may need recent graphics drivers, as it seems it was enabled through them.  

Sorry, you may be right - looks like DX12 only, maybe not DX12 ultimate. :sad:  Not sure what difference that is, or if it will affect your use of DX12 in MSFS.

Update:  Just found this, so you might be alright to a degree: -

GeForce 10 cards do not support DirectX 12 Ultimate. However, the DirectX API is backwards compatible so you can run games that use DX12 Ultimate, you just won't be able to use any of the features it provides.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

34 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A Veg...slider? really...sounds great. That I would look forward to.

Except, if the Q&A is anything to go by where this was discussed, the vegetation slider is doing exactly what the current option does, albeit a... slider 😅 If we see an increased distance across the globe or in certain locations, it's because the team have further tweaked where/how trees sit and transition across the 21 LOD levels, which is exactly what they said they were doing, not because the option has changed from a toggle to a slider.

Edited by March Hare
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I wonder if they have a Q and A, will the Google versus Bing topic come up? 

As Microsoft have nothing to do with the Google mod, and Google is a rival company, that is highly unlikely.

Edited by March Hare

1 hour ago, DiscoSweat said:

Surprised no one has mentioned replay mode yet. Most exciting for me. 

They did on the page before your post... 😁

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Oh and that log book pop up....if that's still a thing after SU7 I'll drive to Asobo Towers myself and go on a hunger strike!

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Im most excited for the veg slider, NXCub and ...

I read that as you being excited for the vegetable slicer and thought to myself "at least some of these folks are eating healthy"...

• Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

I've not seen the details of the update, where can I find it?

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, David Mills said:

Remember, too, that Thursday's update will bring Instant Replay.

So does that mean if they screw up the sim with the update we can go back?....  LOL!

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

I read that as you being excited for the vegetable slicer and thought to myself "at least some of these folks are eating healthy"...

Haha good one 😆 I should have put tree slider 

58 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

I've not seen the details of the update, where can I find it?

The game will detect it automatically when you launch it. It is coming on November 18th. When you launch the game it will check for updates, detect that there is one and then will begin the download. 

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft-flight-simulator/game-of-the-year-edition

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

I guess I should haul out the old Veg-O-Matic and see if that works in the Sim . 😆😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, johnbow72 said:

I guess I should haul out the old Veg-O-Matic and see if that works in the Sim . 😆😁

I just hope the new in-game slider has an "artichoke" setting!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Reading this,

Microsoft Flight Simulator’s GOTY Edition will be a free update for all versions of the game, and will launch on November 18. The free DLC will include six new Discovery Flights, 14 new tutorial missions, an updated weather system,

early DirectX12 support, We will see! Will we get DLSS? 

Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle, Nottingham with detailed photogrammetry. Great!

The update will also include five new aircraft: the Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet O dear!(coming before the delayed Top Gun: Maverick DLC),

VoloCity, Pilatus PC-6 Porter, lol think we have that one covered CubCrafters, NX Cub, and Aviat Pitts Special S1S.

We’re also getting handcrafted versions of the Leipzig/Halle Airport, DD just release a stunning version.Allgäu Airport Memmingen, Kassel Airport in Germany, the Lugano Airport, Zurich Airport, and Luzern-Beromunster Airport in Switzerland, and Patrick Space Force Base and Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in the US.

I do hope this goes well!!!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Reading this,

Microsoft Flight Simulator’s GOTY Edition will be a free update for all versions of the game, and will launch on November 18. The free DLC will include six new Discovery Flights, 14 new tutorial missions, an updated weather system,

early DirectX12 support, We will see! Will we get DLSS? 

Brighton, Derby, Eastbourne, Newcastle, Nottingham with detailed photogrammetry. Great!

Nottingham - great!  I will sure to make a sonic boom over your place in the Super Hornet!  :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

11 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Nottingham - great!  I will sure to make a sonic boom over your place in the Super Hornet!  :biggrin:

🙂 Will be intresting if my shop is there. 

A super Hornet over Nottingham city! yes please.

We was with friends at there hoilday home at Murcia spain close to the airport (san pedro del pinatar )there, one year they did a air display at the airport/beach. But what I will never forget was 2 F-18 Hornet praticing 2 days in a row before the show, truly over head and around with 1 mile, the one thing that will stay with me is the noise. The noise and seeing them so very close, We also saw them taking off to go home the day after the show..... them boys had some fun...so did we watching them 🙂 

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

3 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

As RobA commented, DX-12 implementation is not a trivial thing, so I absolutely expect serious hiccoughs with this one.  But that's fine I'm 1000% certain any issues will be resolved and likely fairly quickly at that.  I'm beyond grateful Asobo is managing the entire project they've been nothing short of spectacular.  I really enjoyed reading comments by Jorg in the recent interview here which can be summarized as they remain fully committed to the 10y project and stability will be a focus in 2022:

https://twinfinite.net/2021/11/microsoft-flight-simulator-interview-jorg-neumann/

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X