Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Really looking forward to the update this week!..

It looks like there may be a twitch stream Q&A before the update, so I dare say that will be interesting to watch to give us a taster of what we can expect.
Normally, Jorg in particular can't wait to show us what they have, and the enthusiasm is infectious.  I hope David Dedeine takes part again.

They did this Q&A preview with the SU5 optimisation update if you remember.  That was when they said 'all this performance gain with no visual degradation'.
There was of course :biggrin:, but that shouldn't be the case on this update, and anyway, I am not going to start knocking them beforehand. 

I wish MS / Asobo all the best with the work they have put into this update, the Reno pack, and the GOTY addons. 
Hopefully it will go well and they will get plenty of plaudits afterwards.  I wonder if we might see an update to the lovely G1000NXi afterwards as well.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

17 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

It looks like there may be a twitch stream Q&A before the update, so I dare say that will be interesting to watch to give us a taster of what we can expect.

Didn't they usually collect questions in anticipations of those Q&As on the official forum? Not that I recall having seen any.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Prosaically,  I hope that the GOTY aircraft and sceneries are optional to download, to avoid busting my cap with stuff that I am mildly interested in. 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I look forward to every update. Just keep moving forward. 

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

8 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Prosaically,  I hope that the GOTY aircraft and sceneries are optional to download, to avoid busting my cap with stuff that I am mildly interested in. 

I expect that too. To me, those new aircraft, the races thing and some of the new scenery are of no interest at all.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

I expect so. That's how it's always been, as they aren't part of the core engine update.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I was privy to a conversation where someone has said that DX12 smooths things out. If it is true, then that is all I had hoped for. 

If trying out DX12, some tips linked below, and don't forget to also check / revert settings on any sim files:

Couple of DX12 tips - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums 

• Upvote 1

My head's been stuck in the sand lately I guess. What day is this update expected to go live?

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

when is this Release Anticipated? Date?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

5 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

My head's been stuck in the sand lately I guess. What day is this update expected to go live?

4 minutes ago, Manny said:

when is this Release Anticipated? Date?

The Developmental Updates all have stated 11/18/2021, which is this Thursday.  I have a 2 hour flight scheduled for the 18th so will start the sim before the update goes live so I can fly during the havoc!  LOL!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 4

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Remember, too, that Thursday's update will bring Instant Replay.

• Like 5

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

1 minute ago, David Mills said:

Remember, too, that Thursday's update will bring Instant Replay.

I've missed having that!

• Like 1

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

The updates are like an open ended Christmas list. I think I'm pragmatic enough at this point that I don't expect one update to deliver the holy grail of immersion and performance. Eating the elephant one bite at a time is going to have to be good enough for me and so far the net results have been positive. Always looking for certain things and I remain hopeful that Asobo and 3rd party developers will eventually deliver the goods:

-Continued improvement of weather
-Further tweaking of code to improve fps for a given system
-Expanded SDK to facilitate more sophisticated 3rd party development
-Real time, realistic AI from AIG (I know they're doing their best)
-Release of the PMDG big iron (I know they're doing their best)

And the big daddy of all improvements:
-Eliminate the freakin' "generic" ATC call sign. Seriously...

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

I'll feel better after I see my sim still working after the update.  Right now Im apprehensive but hopeful.

I care most about the weather updates first steps.  I don't think it will be as big as some hope for.  I doubt it will include better lighting/cloud colors or better clouds at all really.  That will come next year.

Thanks to a poster on the official forum I have discovered that my system is not DX12Ultimate compatible.  Im currently in DX12 mode according to my sysinfo but I guess thats not good enough.  You can check that by activating the game bar (Win + G) (you may have to turn it on if you disabled it like me) and then look for 'Game Features'.

They just want me to spend money I dont have on things that aren't available to buy.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.