Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

There's no reason not to jump into the beta IMHO

For the first time since long time I am enjoying MSFS immensely... beautiful weather representation, realistic clouds and sky without color banding, no shimmering, excellent performance and stability with 496.76 Geforce driver.

You can also remove all the tweaks in the 3D settings and UserCfg.opt file too (sharpen, film grain = 0, AA gamma correction off), they are no longer needed to try to patch up the abomination they did with SU5.

The current hotfix beta is how MSFS is meant to be. We are getting there...

• Like 23
  • Upvote 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

As far as I'm  concerned, we have been in a beta version as of day 1 🙂 

• Like 13
  • Upvote 4

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

8 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

For the first time since long time I am enjoying MSFS immensely... beautiful weather representation, realistic clouds and sky without color banding, no shimmering, excellent performance and stability with 496.76 Geforce driver.

You can also remove all the tweaks in the 3D settings and UserCfg.opt file too (sharpen, film grain = 0, AA gamma correction off), they are no longer needed to try to patch up the abomination they did with SU5.

I can second that. Also performance has been great improved. I have to add that somethings had be done behind the scenes (server side) ---> ATC has improved a little also in phraseology 😉

Regards

Michael

• Like 5

Just now, hvw said:

As far as I'm  concerned, we have been in a beta version as of day 1 🙂 

True. I also believe that they opened this beta for everyone, even Steam users, because what they did with SU7 has received an overwhelmingly negative feedback and they want to avoid to make the same gaffe in the future.

The good thing is that this beta is a net improvement over SU7 release (GOTY, LOL) and that everybody can install it.

Next on my list are the approach flyback bug (should be fixed with SU8) and decent AI traffic... then I can look peacefully at aircraft and scenery expansions because what I want from the sim will be 99% there.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 minutes ago, MichaelLowl said:

I can second that. Also performance has been great improved. I have to add that somethings had be done behind the scenes (server side) ---> ATC has improved a little also in phraseology 😉

Regards

Michael

If you fly often in Europe you can try this: https://flightsim.to/file/4518/european-atc-phraseology-mod

Just now, Baber20 said:

I agree. Getting incredible weather depiction and super smooth performance. What's not to like ? Very happy with the beta.

I am treading on eggs in this case I'll wait till the finished beta is going to be released. Must be any day soon, I guess, before 2023. 🙂 

• Like 1

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

3 minutes ago, hvw said:

I am treading on eggs in this case I'll wait till the finished beta is going to be released. Must be any day soon, I guess, before 2023. 🙂 

I am with you. MSFS is OK now, so a couple more weeks won't make a big difference to me. 

• Like 5

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

34 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Fantastic to hear. 🙂 it really is, thank you.

But i will still wait till its done. 🙂

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

39 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Thanks for the good vibes, Fuzz' !

Answering to your title I see two good reasons not to jump : a 15-hour (at least) download if anything goes wrong and I have to reinstall and busting my meager cap 😋. But they don't need me anyway as they have already a bunch of good guys. Be tough !

PS do you know how big its gonna be, GB-wise  ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 5

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

50 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

You can also remove all the tweaks in the 3D settings and UserCfg.opt file too (sharpen, film grain = 0, AA gamma correction off), they are no longer needed

Do you mean we should delete the UserCfg.opt file and have it create a new one? Because I've changed several of those settings and don't remember which ones were the original settings. I know I have color grading=0 and the default should be 1 for on.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I hesitated going for the beta, but I am glad I did. I’d not want to go back to SU7 pre beta. My MSFS is on drive E so I should be OK to rejoin the public hotfix seamlessly.🤞

But it really is improved greatly, no clouds on the ground, great skyscapes and clouds, and better performance. What’s not to like.

Bar the odd crease here and there I feel we are making progress now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks for the good vibes, Fuzz' !

Answering to your title I see two good reasons not to jump : a 15-hour (at least) download if anything goes wrong and I have to reinstall and busting my meager cap 😋. But they don't need me anyway as they have already a bunch of good guys. Be tough !

PS do you know how big its gonna be, GB-wise  ?

A re-download of the "Official" folder is never neccessary when re-installing the game. If you have your Community and Official folders in a custom location you can always easily keep it when uninstalling or reinstalling the game. I actually had problems starting the beta after installing it, rebooting the PC didn't help. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it within two or three minutes, pointed it to the directory with all the data and everything was fine.

Edited by crimplene
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

I hesitated going for the beta, but I am glad I did. I’d not want to go back to SU7 pre beta. My MSFS is on drive E so I should be OK to rejoin the public hotfix seamlessly.🤞

But it really is improved greatly, no clouds on the ground, great skyscapes and clouds, and better performance. What’s not to like.

Bar the odd crease here and there I feel we are making progress now.

Did you have to disable any of your mods or they all work with the beta?

Are you on Steam?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White